Film & Comic Con Newcastle Schedule Now Live

• Showmasters Admin

All photoshoots can be purchased at the show on a first come first served basis, as well as all guest photo shoots being available online in advance.

All talks are free and are seated on a first come first served basis.

Saturday...

FCCN_Schedule_Sat_V2.jpg

Sunday...

FCCN_Schedule_Sun_V2.jpg

For those of us who have standard Saturday entry tickets. how can we make sure we still make it to the Howard Charles photo shoot that starts at 12.15? I've only been to LFCC last year and the line to get in took over an hour, so I'm a bit worried... Is it sufficient to come an hour in advance or are we forced to buy the early entry ticket (in that case would it be possible to exchange a standard ticket for an early entry)?

Also is there any chance at all of an additional photo shoot window for Ross Marquand as it currently clashes terribly with the Howard Charles talk?

As someone who is flying in for the con just for these two guest, I am deeply saddened by this schedule.

Edited by Lilith_the_ancient
  • Like 1

LFCC Summer is a different kettle of fish and you must have been way at the back of the queue to have taken that long to get in. You should be fine at these smaller events. Standard entry lets you in at 11am so even if it did take you an hour to get in (which it really won't) as long as you went straight to his photo shoot area you would still be on time. Get there before 11 am (but you shouldn't need to be there really early) and you can judge the size of the queue. If and I stress if there are hundreds and hundreds of people in the general entry queue in front of you and it really doesn't look like you will make it in then speak to the crew managing the queue. Show them your photo shoot ticket and ask if they can help you. However I think it would mean something had gone disastrously wrong with the show if you weren't in in plenty of time.

if you are seriously worried and do want to upgrade to early bird I think you can just join the pay on the day early bird queue and pay the balance between your general entry ticket and the early bird. You'd surprise everyone though if you weren't in on time.

The schedule will be as announced and it's unlikely they will add more shoots for Ross unless there is enough of a rush on his tickets to justify it or if something causes a schedule rejigging (Which is doubtful but you never know). Unfortunately we can only say to you whilst we as attendees understand your disappointment SM cannot arrange the schedule to suit every attendee. It would be impossible. Many attendee's, myself included, have been in the same position where we have had to leave or miss talks to get other things done, Sometimes the schedule just doesn't go your way. The choice you have is to leave the talk to have your shoot done, speak to the crew on the shoot and explain you've had to leave the talk and want to go back in and they might be able to get you through quicker.

SM may have a look and rejig the schedule so do keep an eye on it.

For those of us who have standard Saturday entry tickets. how can we make sure we still make it to the Howard Charles photo shoot that starts at 12.15? I've only been to LFCC last year and the line to get in took over an hour, so I'm a bit worried... Is it sufficient to come an hour in advance or are we forced to buy the early entry ticket (in that case would it be possible to exchange a standard ticket for an early entry)?

Also is there any chance at all of an additional photo shoot window for Ross Marquand as it currently clashes terribly with the Howard Charles talk?

As someone who is flying in for the con just for these two guest, I am deeply saddened by this schedule.

LFCC Summer is a different kettle of fish and you must have been way at the back of the queue to have taken that long to get in. You should be fine at these smaller events. Standard entry lets you in at 11am so even if it did take you an hour to get in (which it really won't) as long as you went straight to his photo shoot area you would still be on time. Get there before 11 am (but you shouldn't need to be there really early) and you can judge the size of the queue. If and I stress if there are hundreds and hundreds of people in the general entry queue in front of you and it really doesn't look like you will make it in then speak to the crew managing the queue. Show them your photo shoot ticket and ask if they can help you. However I think it would mean something had gone disastrously wrong with the show if you weren't in in plenty of time.

if you are seriously worried and do want to upgrade to early bird I think you can just join the pay on the day early bird queue and pay the balance between your general entry ticket and the early bird. You'd surprise everyone though if you weren't in on time.

The schedule will be as announced and it's unlikely they will add more shoots for Ross unless there is enough of a rush on his tickets to justify it or if something causes a schedule rejigging (Which is doubtful but you never know). Unfortunately we can only say to you whilst we as attendees understand your disappointment SM cannot arrange the schedule to suit every attendee. It would be impossible. Many attendee's, myself included, have been in the same position where we have had to leave or miss talks to get other things done, Sometimes the schedule just doesn't go your way. The choice you have is to leave the talk to have your shoot done, speak to the crew on the shoot and explain you've had to leave the talk and want to go back in and they might be able to get you through quicker.

Thank you for the clarification. If the doors open at 11 it indeed should not be a problem. I just assumed general admittance would be at 12 as stated on the website and the ticket?

Thank you for the clarification. If the doors open at 11 it indeed should not be a problem. I just assumed general admittance would be at 12 as stated on the website and the ticket?

Opps my bad, you are right, general entry is at 12. Either arrive and queue early to try and be near the front of the queue, speak to the crew to try and get in quickly and go straight to the shoot area. Alternatively If you are going to arrive early to queue like you suggested you might as well just pay the difference in the ticket price if you can and get inside.

Cosplay Schedule and Guest Announcement

This weekend we'll have lots of great Cosplay content on our Cosplay stage at Newcastle Film and Comic con. There will be three Guests putting on panels and having a table in our zone so that you can check out their work and talk to them about Cosplay.

Alphabety Cosplay - Uk cosplayer based in the north east, and has been cosplaying since 2013. Makes his own costumes and armour usually from Eva foam or worbla and often based from The Elder Scrolls series. Will be doing a panel on working with Eva foam and crafting armours/props with demonstrations on stage.

Calamity Cosplays is a small cosplay business started by Connor Zawadzki. They take on commissions from props to costumes, using a wide arrange of materials from 3D printing, to foam and worbla for props and armours. Connor will be doing a small presentation on 3D printing and how it can be used in the cosplay community.

Kovie Kixx Cosplay – Coscrafter since 2012 and mostly cosplays characters from western games , movies and comics such as World of Warcraft and X-men.
Kovie is also the founder of N.E.U.K cosplays, a community of cosplayers and photographers that aspire to help support all cosplayers in the North East.
We encourage beginner cosplayers to gain confidence in their work by grouping up with experienced cosplay photographers to create images that both cosplay and photographer can be proud of.

Cosplay Schedule

Saturday

10:15 - Meet the Cosplay Guests
11:15 - Crafting with Foam
12:15 - Cosplay in the Community
13:15 - Cosplay Blind Date
14:15 - 3D Printing for Cosplay
15:30 - Cosplay Masquerade

Sunday

11:15 - Meet the Cosplay Guests
12:15 - 3D Printing for Cosplay
13:15 - Cosplay Blind Date
14:15 - Crafting with Foam
15:30 - Cosplay Masquerade

If you are thinking of joining our Masquerade competition on Saturday or Sunday you can pre-sign up now at the below link. Anyone that pre-signs can you come to our sign up desk in the Cosplay Zone before 1pm so that you can collection your entry slip.

www.darkcleopro.com/fcc-newcastle-2016.html

Edited by Dark Cleo Productions