Cosplay virgin saying "hi" :)

Defblade

Hi folks,

I got dragged along to F&CC (well, when I say dragged, I am a massive SF fan, but had never been to any sort of Con before) last year by my teenage daughter and her friend (Dad's taxi ;) ).

I had a good time, but as I sat and waited for them to run out of steam and cash a bit, I noticed the people having the best time were the cosplayers.

So I might have said something like "if I have to bring you next year, I'm dressing up!"

Actually, this year I'm bringing a whole car full of teenagers... they're all dressing up as a bunch of anime folk I've never heard of; I decided to stick to my word last year and join in a bit.... but I'm going a lot more old school :smile:

I was sad last year that there wasn't a single Vader about (well, apart from the original!!!) and so I have decided to right this obvious wrong! Just taking a break from cloak sewing to write this :smile:

I'm going for over-all effect rather than 100% accuracy, I'm afraid my time, budget and skills are not up to some of the creations I saw last year... but I think it's going to work OK... I've rigged some electronic tricks as well ;)

Anyhow, I'm both strangely excited and slightly nervous about the whole thing and I'm not going to have any grown-up company, so if you're a grown-up and you see me about on Sunday, please come and say "hi" and if you're lucky, I may not force-choke you :smile:

Cheers

Jon

• Like 1

That was fun :smile: and bloomin' hot in the helmet!

Several compliments, one round of applause, many, many photos posed!

In fact, if anyone reading this did take one with me (mostly I had the Imperial March playing out of my chest, hard to miss! Or if I put my helmet back on, I was tall and goateed with it, so also hard to miss ;) ) please post it/them up as I didn't actually get around to taking any myself...

Cheers folks, see you all again next time :smile:

Edited by Defblade
  • Like 1