Entrance will be via Grand Hall!

Can anyone explain who made the decision to turn a simple queue system in to one mass bundle??

We had 2 nice Gold Pass/Standard Entry queues going and some encouraged the people queuing at the back to come to he front with no explanation.

We're current waiting in 1 mass group with Gold/Weekend/1 day ticket holders all bunched together with no order.

Not the best of starts!

Edited by LSM

I'm really sorry that happened. But I am not even in the country and I am currently the only one regularly checking here and I am not at the event. Means: I can't answer that. Venue security had some interesting ideas last time, so that would be my first guess. But it is what I said: a guess.

Unless you are okay to wait until someone who is at the show sees this (which might be Monday or later) you best go to the Organisers Booth and mention that, they will be able to get an answer for you or point you to someone who can.

That's ok thanks for your reply. I think it is a case of security having one idea and showmasters having another. Certainly if feedback can given ahead of tomorrow to avoid a repeat performance that would be handy.

I'm certainly collecting issues and forwarding them. But mobiles will only be checked when there's a moment too. So finding someone at the event will always get you a faster answer.

A couple of years ago we had someone complaining on here that the Gold Pass room was out of sweets and then got annoyed at the mods because we didn't forward the question fast enough. That was probably the last time in the last 10 years all of us actually had been working/attending the same show, so no one was checking the forum regularly.

There was no signage outside the grand hall when I turned up around midday. Having already walked round the outside of almost the entire building it was frustrating to get to Olympia West and have to double back on myself. Something to sort out for tomorrow if anyone at the event is reading this...

I thought SM had gone up market, then found out I was in the wrong event.. (How did I get into the Wedding Event run next door) Those ladies were very wild they couldn't stop touching my hump. Good job Security were on the ball.. they noticed I was out of place and rescued me and walked me through to the Right place..... :dance: Can someone please remind the Ladies I am a Camel and not Donkey that you Pin your number to on my Backside... :whistling:

• Like 1

I only found out about the West entrance the evening before, and me and my friend arrived at 7am.

We were led to the Grand Entrance, and about an hour later, some from the back were brought forward.

Fortunately, me and the other earlies were able to get in before most of the others, but by then some were trying to push and shove their way in, and one or two commented about the times they arrived, and some coming in later getting in before them.

I don't know what happened (maybe a communication/organisation issue between Showmasters and Olympia crew?) but I hope this was not repeated this morning (I only went yesterday).

Apart from this, as well as the lack of variety, and high costs, of catering (£2 for a 330ml can where slightly larger US drinks can can be bought cheaper from some of the stalls?!), which I acknowledge is beyond Showmasters' control, I did have a really good time yesterday and looking forward to the Summer LFCC (where I plan to attend all 4 days).

Many thanks for a good event.