Exciting Guest Announcement - Next Wednesday 7pm

showmasters

Oooo... the fact that they've told us today, and the guest isn't going to be announced for almost a week makes me think they're quite a big guest (and deserve the build-up). I mean they could have just announced them on Friday at 7pm.

I, also, think that 'mystery' is a clue.

Could be mystery as in murder mystery aka Sherlock, True Detective etc.

Maybe the X-Files.

Could be the Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo. Sarah Michelle Gellar is in the Scobby-Doo movie. (I'll admit, that's quite a big leap, but who knows!)

Can I just enquire why there is a delay in announcing them? While I'm sure there is good reason, it always confuses me why, if you have them booked, you can't announce them for another week? I appreciate there is a generation of hype etc. but I prefer just seeing an announcement so I can decide whether to buy photos when they go on sale...

• Like 4

Can I just enquire why there is a delay in announcing them? While I'm sure there is good reason, it always confuses me why, if you have them booked, you can't announce them for another week? I appreciate there is a generation of hype etc. but I prefer just seeing an announcement so I can decide whether to buy photos when they go on sale...

I hate the waiting as well. I'm usually on the train so have to tell family to keep an eye out and call me if it's someone I want!

Mind you, at least it means we know when a big announcement is being made and don't miss it. I'd hate to loose out on someone I really, really wanted if I don't log in for a couple of days and the tickets had sold out.

Edited by Raylenth

I hate the waiting as well. I'm usually on the train so have to tell family to keep an eye out and call me if it's someone I want!

Mind you, at least it means we know when a big announcement is being made and don't miss it. I'd hate to loose out on someone I really, really wanted if I don't log in for a couple of days and the tickets had sold out.

Maybe they could operate on a basis where they could announce the guest now ready for when they go on sale next Wednesday? At least you'd know in advance whether you'd be buying something when they go on sale.

• Like 1

I'm sure SM or a mod will reply saying that they do it because of some people enjoying the build-up and the excitement and interest it generates.

I, personally, would have preferred it if they were announcing the guest tomorrow, or even Monday. Waiting 6 and a half days does seem a bit extreme.

• Like 1

Maybe they could operate on a basis where they could announce the guest now ready for when they go on sale next Wednesday? At least you'd know in advance whether you'd be buying something when they go on sale.
I realise some people don't, but there are some of us that do enjoy the build up and guessing game, it's part of the fun for comic-con! Especially when SM put in some kind of sneaky clue as to who it might be. Guessing with people in what turned out to be the Michael J Fox announcement last year was a good laugh.
  • Like 1

I was actually going to say cause that's the way SM want to do it. So there you go. ;)

Really, the mods have no info why a delay or not. But yes, some People seem to enjoy the build up. I remember the Dominic Monaghan guessing game one summer night where I accidentally got it right first. Since then no one ever seems to believe me anymore than the mods don't have info on guest announcements. :lol:

• Like 2

Sometimes it is down to the small print in contracts. It could be the guest has asked that the official announcement be done from a certain date onwards.

Mystery,.... someone from Sherlock , Benedict Cumberbatch or Martin Freeman . While there will probably be a diamond ticket for a big guest including anything you can hope for and a 100% chance to get it all, it isn't sold to us as a "diamond guest" which I believe Cumberbatch or Freeman would actually be....

Clues: big guest, mystery.... I'm lost....

• Like 1

Mystery,.... someone from Sherlock , Benedict Cumberbatch or Martin Freeman . While there will probably be a diamond ticket for a big guest including anything you can hope for and a 100% chance to get it all, it isn't sold to us as a "diamond guest" which I believe Cumberbatch or Freeman would actually be....

Clues: big guest, mystery.... I'm lost....

I think I'd die if it was Martin or Benedict.

It doesn't preclude them being a diamond guest even though it doesn't say 'big'. Martin or Ben would certainly qualify under the 'exciting' headline though

• Like 1

I do love a good build up to revealing a new guest as i said before if mystery is the clue you could class it as a ghostbuster type thing :whistling: so hoping bill murray but now have a dilemma i was going to purchase a diamond pass for Ron Perlman or now wondering to wait and see if the new guest will be a excellent diamond pass guest

Edited by Qualmpeddler