Guest Cancellation Emily Kinney

I feel sorry for all the people who were coming for her and will loose out on hotel / train fairs ect. looks like a quiet day tho like Brighton last year so that's a bonus

rule one of cons is never book just for one guest learnt that the hard way ages ago

but if its a guest you really want to meet and you want to make sure of a photoshoot you have little choice.I'd rather take the chance and book early and be let down rather than leave it too late and find they are too busy with tickets sold out and your sitting there thinking 'if i'd only made the effort' or bothered to travel.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 1

I feel sorry for all the people who were coming for her and will loose out on hotel / train fairs ect. looks like a quiet day tho like Brighton last year so that's a bonus

rule one of cons is never book just for one guest learnt that the hard way ages ago

but if its a guest you really want to meet and you want to make sure of a photoshoot you have little choice.I'd rather take the chance and book early and be let down rather than leave it too late and find they are too busy with tickets sold out and your sitting there thinking 'if i'd only made the effort' or bothered to travel.

Nothing wrong with doing that at all - I am usually only there for 2/3 people, but it's just something people have to acknowledge - if you are only coming to see 1, 2 or 3 guests you have to be prepared for the fact that they may cancel and they might not be 'replaced' with anyone else you want to meet. If you can't afford to loose any money you may have paid out for non refundable items you really have to consider hard if you want to risk it. Sod's law means that it will be all the ones you want to see that will have to cancel :whistling:

There will be loads of people on here, myself included, who have booked tickets to see a specific person who has then had to cancel, more than once in some guests cases. Unfortunately life happens and you just have to hope you will get to see them at another event.

I think SM should introduce a 'three strikes policy'. Where if a guest cancels three times in a short period of time they are not asked again. This may help stop putting SM in a bad light when it is not their fault when there are cancellations.

• Like 1

I don't think that would ever happen. The only time I imagine SM would not re book a guest would be if they knew the guest was only messing them around and I really doubt anyone would bother to do that. It's not worth their time and money to be in contract negotiations if they truly have no intention of attending - I don't think that any reasonable person blames SM for guest cancellations, as disappointing as it may be for us the customers (especially if you have paid for non refundable things) it's always been a risk of conventions and signing event and that is a risk we take when booking for these events. Neither Showmasters nor the guest in question should have to justify why they may have to cancel though obviously a brief explanation does help even if it's a very short statement - they cannot attend because of a personal/health issue, because of work ect.

Edited by Raylenth

• 2 weeks later...