Hotels

NEC , the convention venue,is only 10 minutes by train from Birmingham city centre ( New street station) , Birmingham International is the train stop for NEC right outside.. hope thats helpful for anyone not familier with the area and your looking at hotels within the city. Bus service to coventry ( number 900 is every 15 minutes or so ) and in the opposite direction goes to city centre. you should be able to find something available. i know a lot of the dealers when working the NEC use B and B's in the area which also serve the airport. Birmingham airport is right next door to the NEC.

No it's for 2 nights

Thanks for the update gwynatlarche....Not a bad price. I'm staying in Birmingham, and the one thing i'm concerned about, and will have to investigate, is how to get back into Birmingham after the Saturday night party!

National express coaches pick up at the airport/NEC every 30 minutes and drop off in the city centre ( digbeth) 7 days a week and all hours. Taxi ranks are available 24/7 both at the airport ( next door to NEC, and a few minutes walk) and outside the hotels on the NEC site.

Thanks

No it's for 2 nights

Thanks for the update gwynatlarche....Not a bad price. I'm staying in Birmingham, and the one thing i'm concerned about, and will have to investigate, is how to get back into Birmingham after the Saturday night party!

National express coaches pick up at the airport/NEC every 30 minutes and drop off in the city centre ( digbeth) 7 days a week and all hours. Taxi ranks are available 24/7 both at the airport ( next door to NEC, and a few minutes walk) and outside the hotels on the NEC site.

Thanks for the info!

I have decided to treat myself to the Hilton on Saturday night. No messing with taxis, trains or buses. Or put it another way.. I don't have far to stagger to my room after the Sat night party!

Just right Nick! lol

I tried to book the Hilton Metropole when I booked my convention tickets in August but they only had single occupancy rooms. I just checked today and they had a Queen Executive Room available so I booked that. #ShortStagger!

• Like 2

joeyjoe, on 10 Sept 2016 - 2:54 PM, said:

Justkate, on 06 Sept 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

Nick Sykes, on 06 Sept 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

I have decided to treat myself to the Hilton on Saturday night. No messing with taxis, trains or buses. Or put it another way.. I don't have far to stagger to my room after the Sat night party!

Just right Nick! lol

I tried to book the Hilton Metropole when I booked my convention tickets in August but they only had single occupancy rooms. I just checked today and they had a Queen Executive Room available so I booked that. #ShortStagger!

#ShortStagger! I approve. ;)

• Like 1

Just right Nick! lol

I have heard that if you book a royal suite such as a Queen Executive, included in the price are minions. They will carry you all the way up to your room, place you gently down on a bed of Tribbles and if you are feeling sick sing soft kitty to you! The rest of us in peasant class rooms get a slap round the face, told to sober up and a shove up the stairs! I want to be royal. Oh well stagger on.

• Like 3

Just right Nick! lol

I have heard that if you book a royal suite such as a Queen Executive, included in the price are minions. They will carry you all the way up to your room, place you gently down on a bed of Tribbles and if you are feeling sick sing soft kitty to you! The rest of us in peasant class rooms get a slap round the face, told to sober up and a shove up the stairs! I want to be royal. Oh well stagger on.

Now I'm more excited! As long as the tribbles don't try and mate with me or eat me I should be fine. Seriously though, the best thing about executive rooms is that you get access to the Executive Lounge which has free food and drink!

• Like 2

Just right Nick! lol

Ugh..mate with a tribble not only would it tickle, the offspring would be some sort of wired ewok! Oh I am gate crashing the Executive lounge by the way and the guys and girls from the forum are coming as well... I have gone way off topic. What was the topic again?

Now I'm more excited! As long as the tribbles don't try and mate with me or eat me I should be fine. Seriously though, the best thing about executive rooms is that you get access to the Executive Lounge which has free food and drink!

I have Friday afternoon off now. So just booked a cheap and cheerful hotel called the "quality hotel". Its 3 star for £80.00 25% off for the night. So no early start Saturday morning. Only a twelve minute drive to the NEC and the Hilton hotel instead off two and a half hours. Not sure if I am going to the Friday night party, might just chill at the bar and grab an early night..must be getting old! Very much look forward to Sat event and party see you there. :dance: