Hotels

There has been a bit of discussion on a few threads but just wondered what people were looking at hotel wise. From the searches I've done so far, a lot of the hotels on the NEC site seem to be either full or pretty expensive. My other thought was to stay in the city centre and get the train from New Street to Birmingham International each day.

I have not booked nothing yet (and it depends on future guests if I'm gonna do), but Ive seen one Ibis hotel on a "not-through" place, which has (for now) a bed and breakfast rate (many hotels do not have the breakfast into the price) and is not extreme expensive. It's not in Birmingham self and also not next to the airport/railway. You have to take a 30 minutes train to come to the NEC.

It was earlier a (and maybe only in the area) F1 hotel.

But am looking for ibis budget hotels as well, next to the airport / railways

Edited by Annick

Hi Everyone,

My son and I have booked a Travel lodge, If you are at the convention all day then you can't go wrong with Travel lodges or Premier Inns really.

Just somewhere to sleep.

For the 2 of us (2 Adults) staying 2 nights Friday + Saturday it only cost us £107 and that's with breakfast included

We are happy with that.

Hope this helps

We are very much looking forward to the event.

Kind Regards

Jo

There has been a bit of discussion on a few threads but just wondered what people were looking at hotel wise. From the searches I've done so far, a lot of the hotels on the NEC site seem to be either full or pretty expensive. My other thought was to stay in the city centre and get the train from New Street to Birmingham International each day.

I am looking at B&Bs etc.

My other thought was to stay in the city centre and get the train from New Street to Birmingham International each day.

£3.50 on the train each day. I've booked the holiday Inn NEC just in case the parties turn out to be any good. failing that my backup option is the Holiday Inn in Solihull, cheaper and bigger rooms. Only 10-15 minutes away by bus/car.

If my mate's mum hasn't moved by then I'll be staying at their place just off junction 4 and reallocating the hotel budget to more photos and signatures instead!

Hi

Just go on the Travel lodge website and type in the postcode for the NEC which is B40 1NT when searching a travel lodge there are 4-5 in the area

look at them carefully as all are different

some do food some don't

some have showers in rooms some don't

some charge for cars some don't

they are all different just read their facilities carefully

Hope this helps

Kind Regards Jo

As I search for the hotels round the NEC, a lot of them are already sold out during 7-9 okt...

That is no shock. There will be other stuff going on in the area aside from DST. You will no doubt need to move further afield or even consider Bed & Breakfast facilities.

Hotel in Birmingham, £135 with breakfast for 2 nights. Was looking yesterday and checked again today the prices have gone up 30% - 50% on those dates.

If this is since the DST announcement then it is not a shocker as most hotels do this when they know demand outstrips availability and thus means money money money

Lol, when william shatner pre-empted the announcement date by a few days i booked a few rooms in diff hotels just in case, the hilton was £500 for 2 nights before they announced the dates! The ibis airport was about £300 and the Genting was £250. Im assuming im gonna drink at the parties as i am a shy drinker (the more people round me i dont know the more i drink lol) so prob gonna stay with the Genring, that one included parking and breakfast.

booked the hotel (pay later at hotel) - Village Hotel Coventry - 15 minutes away and cost me £230 with breakfast for two nights, three days (to go with the 3 day ticket I have) on 7-9/10/16 :dance::clap::thumbup:

next on my list is star trek cosplays!