Frequently Asked Questions

Due to not knowing who will be assigned to the groups for packages until closer to the event, should I purchase a talk ticket for a guest I definitely want to see; will I be able to subsequently claim a refund should that guest talk ultimately be included with my package.

i.e. I'd like to avoid the situation where a popular guest talk may have sold out by the time the group announcements are made.

Due to not knowing who will be assigned to the groups for packages until closer to the event, should I purchase a talk ticket for a guest I definitely want to see; will I be able to subsequently claim a refund should that guest talk ultimately be included with my package.

i.e. I'd like to avoid the situation where a popular guest talk may have sold out by the time the group announcements are made.

You are absolutely free to buy an extra talk ticket. However, if the guest is included in your allocation there will not be a refund.

When are the talks likely to be announced and tickets sales opened?

The mods currently don't have any dates, sorry. The ticket sales should open rather close to the announcement, but we got no informaton when the announcements will be finalized.

Is it possible to give an indication of how long in advance talk tickets went on sale in previous years and what the ticket prices were?

Talks usually started at 15 pounds, but there will be free talks as well.

It really depends on when talks will be finalized - previous events are not a good indication to go by. This varies from show to show.

• 4 weeks later...

I am able bodied and I have NO PROBLEMS with disabled fast tracking for wheelchair users and other obvious physically disabled attendees regardless of which ticket they have purchased.

I've observed that at most events, the disabled do get preferential treatment especially if that disabled person is a child.

At DST3 I had photoshoots with different guests at different photo areas and after showing my tickets I was able to be fast tracked in order to get to the other shoots/guest talks. Strictly speaking I could have been made to wait. Event staff were helpful due to the circumstances.

I personally hate standing for long periods myself and for past events I have brought with me a collapsible tripod style camping/fishing seat or sat on the floor.

At some shows there are medical passes, so maybe that could be implemented, especially for those with unseen disabilities?

How many VIP Admiral tickets are allocated? A dozen, few dozen, 100? Are the reserved seats in the front row? Are the Shatner show tickets included?

Edited by GodAtum

I am able bodied and I have NO PROBLEMS with disabled fast tracking for wheelchair users and other obvious physically disabled attendees regardless of which ticket they have purchased.

I've observed that at most events, the disabled do get preferential treatment especially if that disabled person is a child.

At DST3 I had photoshoots with different guests at different photo areas and after showing my tickets I was able to be fast tracked in order to get to the other shoots/guest talks. Strictly speaking I could have been made to wait. Event staff were helpful due to the circumstances.

I personally hate standing for long periods myself and for past events I have brought with me a collapsible tripod style camping/fishing seat or sat on the floor.

At some shows there are medical passes, so maybe that could be implemented, especially for those with unseen disabilities?

How many VIP Admiral tickets are allocated? A dozen, few dozen, 100? Are the reserved seats in the front row? Are the Shatner show tickets included?

This is the disability policy as stated on the website:

What is your Disability Policy?

The NEC is fully accessible with medical teams available. If you require assistance at the event and are registered disabled you are permitted to bring one carer with you. Please email: extrahelp@destinationstartrek.com if you need more information. Please be aware the event has flash photography. If you have any specific needs, please contact us direct.

Please note; disabled parking bays and access to wheelchairs from the venue are limited and only available on a first come first served basis. You can contact the venue via this link which also contans information for disabled visitors

Anyone having an unseen disability is definitely going to be taken as serious as someone in a wheelchair.

The number of tickets availably generally is not announced, but I highly doubt VIP goes as high as 100.

Shatner's World is not included in any ticket package. We've been discussing this here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92147

• Like 1

When will Bill Shatner's auto price be revealed, just I was talking to a friend and he said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Shatner's price for autos be in the £100 range.

His photoshoot is £55. Autographs tend to be the same price going by previous SM events.

Edited by Tony1975
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of autographs, when will we know how much they will be, I know it's like 3 months away, but I'm kinda a worry wart on how much I can spend and what I cannot spend at a convention.

Speaking of autographs, when will we know how much they will be, I know it's like 3 months away, but I'm kinda a worry wart on how much I can spend and what I cannot spend at a convention.

last time autos were almost identical to photoshoots on a per actor basis

Cool, so basically it'd be £40 for Christopher Lloyd etc.

Cool, so basically it'd be £40 for Christopher Lloyd etc.

Don't quote me on it, but I reckon it'll be that or something pretty darn close...

• Like 1

I apologise if this has already been asked but am considering going but I don't really understand how the tickets work with all the different packages. Can anyone explain?

Im only personally looking at meeting 5 guests for autographs and 7 guests for photoshoots.

If you can list the guests and what you want who for it might help with people advising which ticket to get. Basically the more expensive the ticket the more is included in it. The middle and lower packages, you have to pick which group you want and you get the guests listed for that group included and any others outside of that package you have to pay extra for.

Thanks. Was thinking.

Wil Wheaton photo and auto

George Takei both

Jonathan Frakes photo

Marina Sirtis both

Terry Farrell photo

Linda Park both

Casey Biggs both

Jeffrey Combs both

Martha Hackett both

Robert O'Reilly both

Eric Pierpoint auto

Thanks. Was thinking.

George Takei both

Jonathan Frakes photo

Marina Sirtis both

Terry Farrell photo

Linda Park both

Casey Biggs both

Jeffrey Combs both

Martha Hackett both

Robert O'Reilly both

Eric Pierpoint auto

Unfortunately you can take Linda Park off that list after her recent announcement.

I have a similar length wishlist and am going with a 2/3 day entry ticket and will split getting them across all 3 days. Without the schedule it's impossible to say where clashes may occur and if you want to listen to any paid or free talks too.

Thanks. Was thinking.

George Takei both

Jonathan Frakes photo

Marina Sirtis both

Terry Farrell photo

Linda Park both

Casey Biggs both

Jeffrey Combs both

Martha Hackett both

Robert O'Reilly both

Eric Pierpoint auto

Unfortunately you can take Linda Park off that list after her recent announcement.

I have a similar length wishlist and am going with a 2/3 day entry ticket and will split getting them across all 3 days. Without the schedule it's impossible to say where clashes may occur and if you want to listen to any paid or free talks too.

Yeah it's quite difficult to advise at the moment as the auto group lettering allotment hasn't been released.

As Rob says depending on what else you want at the moment it might be best to buy weekend entry, buy the photo shoots you want on top of that and hope that you can get everyones autos - or gamble and buy a package, Captains Group D has the best match for the photo's you want I'd say, but there's currently no information on which auto's you'll be allocated. So you can either wait until most of the info has been released nearer to the event and pick which packages matches your wants best, and hope they haven't sold out, or get a general entry ticket and buy the photo's and any talks you want on top of that and take a gamble on being able to get through the auto queues.

I notice on the website that a photo of Atrium Entrance 3 is shown. Is that the entrance that is going to be used for DSTE, or could it be a different one? As previously noted, this venue is huge and I have no idea where to queue up at this point, and haven't found any confirmation on the subject. [/clueless]

I notice on the website that a photo of Atrium Entrance 3 is shown. Is that the entrance that is going to be used for DSTE, or could it be a different one?

I guess this is a generic photo, since Atrium Entrance 2 for example is much closer to where DSTE is taking place. (Hall 4)

www.thenec.co.uk/media/3161/site-map.pdf

• Like 1