Frequently Asked Questions

Maybe it was something on the website but I had the impression the prop shoot would be the Borg regeneration chamber rather than the bridge, not sure if I've put two and two together and come up with something very random there though!

The prop shoot has not been specified. But I am with the Count here, I think the regeneration chamber is more likely. I think the Bridge was advertised as set photo last time.

I've never been to one of these before. I've bought a package and I will order some photo shoots (I'll wait for more guests to be anounced, in case I want those more than the current ones) I've looked at an old timetable posted earlier and I see lots of things happening in parallel, and what I'm wondering is this:

What if my photos clash with talks or other photo shoots I want? What if a photo shoot that I really want and paid for happens at the same time as a talk that I really want to see and paid for? I don't mind waiting or rescheduling, I'm just afraid I'll miss something. :help:

Always talk to the crew on the queues if you have a clash, show them your tickets and they will see what they can do but it's no guarantee they will be able to move you to the front of the line. If the guest has the same shoot later in the day (it's been split in 2) you can always try and attend the other one but again there's no guarantee. Unfortunately sometimes you just have to arrive at or leave a talk early/late.

Always talk to the crew on the queues if you have a clash, show them your tickets and they will see what they can do but it's no guarantee they will be able to move you to the front of the line. If the guest has the same shoot later in the day (it's been split in 2) you can always try and attend the other one but again there's no guarantee. Unfortunately sometimes you just have to arrive at or leave a talk early/late.

Thanks. If that's the way it's usually works then I'll have to do that. I'm there all 3 days so hopefully I can change to a different day should there be a conflict.

Edited by Matt99

One of the mods will be better able to advise but the tickets aren't usually transferable. If you buy a ticket for say Friday, you can't use it on Saturday as they are day specific. Unfortunately you usually just have to wait for the schedule and see if there are any clashes.

I too noticed that, but when I went to a gig recently the parking tickets weren't available for much closer to the event so I assumed it was that!!

I am still hoping maybe we will get free parking mwhaha, as it says on the website sometimes some events parking is included

I have a question, what are the limits to some of the guests signing things, like say with doctor who actors/actresses, they won't sign anything like Katy Manning with the naked picture she did years ago, I'm asking as I have this and another one (Voyager) up on my watch list, but if it's not allowed, I'll be sure to take them down and that's a actual script of an episode (not a copy one that you see at LFCC or on eBay) (link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222026590797?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

If I got this, would the DS9/Voyager cast sign them or would this be a huge no-no?

Sorry, your asking if they would sign a script? I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. Like you said nudes can be an issue for some of the guests, there are definitely a few who won't sign them and if you are asking them to sign something from a role/film/show they hated and want to disassociate themselves from they might refuse to sign stuff from that, but I can't see any issue with a script. As a note if anyone is taking a nude/semi nude shot a guest has had done please cover any rude bits up - there may be kids around and it's just a bit politer. It's one thing having a nude shot done, it's another having it showed in front of you to sign in front of loads of people surrounding you.

The best thing to do is if you can carry it take a backup item if you think they might not sign your primary item for any reason, but I really don't think you will have a problem with Star Trek scripts - they wouldn't be going to a Star Trek convention if they didn't want to have anything to do with the show.

I have a question, what are the limits to some of the guests signing things, like say with doctor who actors/actresses, they won't sign anything like Katy Manning with the naked picture she did years ago, I'm asking as I have this and another one (Voyager) up on my watch list, but if it's not allowed, I'll be sure to take them down and that's a actual script of an episode (not a copy one that you see at LFCC or on eBay) (link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222026590797?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

If I got this, would the DS9/Voyager cast sign them or would this be a huge no-no?

Any restrictions are up to the guests. I don't think the item you linked would be an issue.

Besides Katy and that photo I remember Bruce Campbell not signing some Comics, Charisma Carpenter wasn't signing some pictures of one Editorial for a while (I want to say Maxim) and Richard Dean Anderson not signing duct tape.

If there's any issues it's usually topless photos and such for female guests.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Children up to -I believe- 4 years old are free.

Yes, just found it on the site:

"Children under 5 do not require a ticket but must be accompanied at all time by a paying adult".

• Like 1

Just wondering in past years who has been the most expensive photo / autograph and how much was it. I can use it as a budget guide hopefully.

I think that William Shatner will probably be the most expensive. Until announced otherwise, a good rule of thumb is for his autograph to be the same cost as a photo.

I can't comment on previous years prices but I'm sure they have been discussed in various forms on other threads on here but Brodnick is correct, auto prices are usually the same as standard photo prices and I too would imagine Shatner to be up there with the most expensive of the guests and I can't see anyone really being much more than him. The standard photo's of the guests they have announced so far are available here http://www.destinationstartrek.com/highlights/photo-sessions