Frequently Asked Questions

Nope, u really need to take up own stuff to get signed. They may have some to buy for about £3 but from what I saw in Blackpool at the exhibition there is a very limited choice

:smile: It's hard as you'll only know when you get there really!

You can get an very small sampling of some of the images that will be available, and the Destination logo that will be printed on them from the pre order site http://www.showmasterssales.com/homepage/cat_1244291-Destination-Star-Trek-50.html

• Like 1

Note that the non Star Trek images don't have the Destination logo on them. I like the Wil Wheaton BBT ones. Even though they have spelled his name wrong :whistling: And listed them as Stand By Me even though they are Big Bang :poki:

Edited by Raylenth

Note that the non Star Trek images don't have the Destination logo on them. I like the Wil Wheaton BBT ones. Even though they have spelled his name wrong :whistling: And listed them as Stand By Me even though they are Big Bang :poki:

Nice surprise to see some Big Bang Theory photos as I previously read there was only going to be Star Trek ones. Hopefully they will be available at the event also.

*waves at everyone* I've read the whole FAQ but didn't find a question ressembling mine so now I have to annoy everyone, sorry.
I have a bridge photoshoot with William Shatner on saturday. Given that I'm on Batch 6, am I right to assume my photoshoot is probably going to be in the 17h05-17h55 timeslot?

At least you read the FAQ Minuialeth :smile: I think that you will either be at the end of the 1st session or the beginning of the second. You can go either check to see where they are at the end of the 1st session or just get there for the start of the 2nd and I think you'd be ok.

As the set shoots aren't generally included in the package's (Apart from the Admiral) you won't have the package holders automatically in front of you so batch 6 is entirely possible for the morning session seeing as it's not a short one.

• Like 1

At least you read the FAQ Minuialeth :smile: I think that you will either be at the end of the 1st session or the beginning of the second. You can go either check to see where they are at the end of the 1st session or just get there for the start of the 2nd and I think you'd be ok.

As the set shoots aren't generally included in the package's (Apart from the Admiral) you won't have the package holders automatically in front of you so batch 6 is entirely possible for the morning session seeing as it's not a short one.

Then it could be a problem as the morning session ends at 10h20 and I have a bridge photoshoot with Marina Sirtis at 10h25-10h50 and I'm batch 1 for that one.

Would it be a problem to just go at the second Shatner session even if my batch has already been called at the morning one?

Hi.

I think this has been asked but can't find it.

Any idea if Christopher Lloyd will sign Back to The Future stuff? I'm bringing a heavy Flux Capacitor from Ireland and would hate to get there and be told "Star Trek items only".

Apologies if this is repetition.

Then it could be a problem as the morning session ends at 10h20 and I have a bridge photoshoot with Marina Sirtis at 10h25-10h50 and I'm batch 1 for that one.

Would it be a problem to just go at the second Shatner session even if my batch has already been called at the morning one?

Going to the second one will be fine but it's entirely doable if you do want to do it in the morning. Go to the bridge shoot and then just go to Marina's after and join the end of the batch 1 queue if you want to, there wouldn't be an issue with that way around.

Hi.

Any idea if Christopher Lloyd will sign Back to The Future stuff? I'm bringing a heavy Flux Capacitor from Ireland and would hate to get there and be told "Star Trek items only".

Guests should be signing non Star trek items, the usual rule applies that if it's nude/semi nude or if you know the guest doesn't like signing items from that film/show it's advisable to take a second back up item but I don't see any issue with BTTF stuff. He signed lots of them at LFCC last year and they have BTTF pictures for him in the Destination pre orders.

The organisers haven't said at any point that it's Trek only and I know at Sherlocked I've had non Sherlock items signed with no problems.

• Like 1

Going to the second one will be fine but it's entirely doable if you do want to do it in the morning. Go to the bridge shoot and then just go to Marina's after and join the end of the batch 1 queue if you want to, there wouldn't be an issue with that way around.

Hi.

Guests should be signing non Star trek items, the usual rule applies that if it's nude/semi nude or if you know the guest doesn't like signing items from that film/show it's advisable to take a second back up item but I don't see any issue with BTTF stuff. He signed lots of them at LFCC last year and they have BTTF pictures for him in the Destination pre orders.

The organisers haven't said at any point that it's Trek only and I know at Sherlocked I've had non Sherlock items signed with no problems.

Thanks! I'll leave the Chris Lloyd half nude pics at home 😂. Appreciate the fast reply. I'm gonna bring the Flux! 🤗

• Like 2

Now that Adam Nimoy is featured on the main site listed as a guest, along with Michael Moore and Kitty Swink, will there be official photo shoots and autograph opportunities and prices to follow? 😊

Is there a way to keep track of the timetable changes? I've created a custom timetable and it would be good to know what schedules are made to the timetable

Other than checking it nearer to the event and keeping an eye on the threads for any posts, not really. The mods may post if it changes but it could be posted in any associated thread if they do. It's also worth checking the printed schedules that will be around the Hall on the days in case there have been any overnight changes.

Edited by Raylenth

Hi.

Thanks! I'll leave the Chris Lloyd half nude pics at home . Appreciate the fast reply. I'm gonna bring the Flux!

Hi.

Thanks! I'll leave the Chris Lloyd half nude pics at home . Appreciate the fast reply. I'm gonna bring the Flux!

Let me know if you change your mind on the half nude shots though, I usually carry a couple round with me in case of emergencies!

• Like 1

*waves at everyone* I've read the whole FAQ but didn't find a question ressembling mine so now I have to annoy everyone, sorry.

I have a bridge photoshoot with William Shatner on saturday. Given that I'm on Batch 6, am I right to assume my photoshoot is probably going to be in the 17h05-17h55 timeslot?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I'm batch 7 and my friend is Batch 5. We are only coming to get a photo with Shatner and see Shatners World. So ideally we would do the afternoon session, then go to see Shatners world. That way we wouldn't have to arrive until the afternoon.

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I'm batch 7 and my friend is Batch 5. We are only coming to get a photo with Shatner and see Shatners World. So ideally we would do the afternoon session, then go to see Shatners world. That way we wouldn't have to arrive until the afternoon.

I've replied to Minuialeth, but your situation is slightly different. As batch 7 you will probably be in the afternoon session anyway, but your friend can go through after their batch has been called so if you both want to do the afternoon session that should be fine.

Edited by Raylenth

I've replied to Minuialeth, but your situation is slightly different. As batch 7 you will probably be in the afternoon session anyway, but your friend can go through after their batch has been called so if you both want to do the afternoon session that should be fine.

Sorry, must have missed this. Thanks for the info.

Will there be WiFi available? I have data roaming but the included high speed volume - umts/lte - is only 150 MB per week...

Probably best to look on the NEC site to find that out as that's nothing to do with the event. However at other events when you have thousands of people attending even if they do have wifi it's almost impossible to get on anyway.

^^ depends on the infrastructure. Disney resorts and Liseberg theme park have an Aerohive WiFi network which allows 1000s of visitors at top speeds.

Hope the NEC network is up to the task. Thanks for the answer.

Disney Florida? Depends on the resort and time of day. :lol: I think the speeds I got at the first Sherlocked were better than the connection at Magic Kingdom in Florida.