Frequently Asked Questions

I can't understand why there aren't choices now. Guests are listed in category A-E (for example), with Commander (or whoever) being able to choose one from each section. As selections are exhausted, they are simply no longer available to choose from. That way there's a benefit to booking early, and people know what they are buying. This way around, it pays to book as late as possible in order to see who you get. Ok other guests may appear later, or a guest may need to be replaced with a substitute if they pull out, but at least no-one feels like they've missed out.

At the minute I'd love to buy my Commander ticket, but if I choose the wrong talk group I could end up with 2 paid talks for Friday (which I won't be attending). As I say I would like Will Shatner's autograph, but if I choose the wrong autograph group I won't get it - which I'd then have to uneccessarily pay money for.

Also, it does state on the website that '2 months out from the event, the organisers will reveal which talks are included in each group.'

So this should have happened by now?

Unfortunately the mods right now can only guess.

The guest list most likely is not finalized, thus they can't give any final lists. They probably were expecting everything to be up by now - hence the two months out - but it seems to be taking longer than expected.

That is a complete and utter no no I'm afraid Marvin. You cannot ask for an auto during the photo shoot as it is completely against the rules.

If you want his auto you can either see if it will be included in one of the package and buy that, go for the day ticket option and hope you get through on the VQ ticket system (have a look at the website FAQ's if you are unfamiliar with how this works) or, even though you are attending the event, you can use the send in service to get your item signed. The down side to that is you can't have access to it during the event, you won't be able to go and collect it from them at the venue so if you wanted to get other guests to sign it there as well you can't do it yourself, you would also have to get them all on the send in system.

Edited by Raylenth

That is a complete and utter no no I'm afraid Marvin. You cannot ask for an auto during the photo shoot as it is completely against the rules.

If you want his auto you can either see if it will be included in one of the package and buy that, go for the day ticket option and hope you get through on the VQ ticket system (have a look at the website FAQ's if you are unfamiliar with how this works) or, even though you are attending the event, you can use the send in service to get your item signed. The down side to that is you can't have access to it during the event, you won't be able to go and collect it from them at the venue so if you wanted to get other guests to sign it there as well you can't do it yourself, you would also have to get them all on the send in system.

Ok thanks. Like I said, I'm not sure of the etiquette in such situations. I'm quite happy to pay the man his dues - after all (imho) he's earned every penny of it; it just seems silly to have to arrange to see him twice.

Thanks again.

Ok thanks. Like I said, I'm not sure of the etiquette in such situations. I'm quite happy to pay the man his dues - after all (imho) he's earned every penny of it; it just seems silly to have to arrange to see him twice.

Thanks again.

Yeah, but imagine if you have 500 people in the photo queue and every single person asked for an autograph can you imagine how long it would take. Also most people want a specific item signed not just on a piece of paper they have on them at the time so it would be a nightmare trying to do it. There are separate photograph and autograph sessions for that very reason so that one thing doesn't get bogged down with the other.

It might seem inefficient to you and yes, you will have to take your chance to a degree with getting his auto but it's the way it works and it does work reasonably well.

• Like 1

I can't understand why there aren't choices now. Guests are listed in category A-E (for example), with Commander (or whoever) being able to choose one from each section. As selections are exhausted, they are simply no longer available to choose from. That way there's a benefit to booking early, and people know what they are buying. This way around, it pays to book as late as possible in order to see who you get. Ok other guests may appear later, or a guest may need to be replaced with a substitute if they pull out, but at least no-one feels like they've missed out.

At the minute I'd love to buy my Commander ticket, but if I choose the wrong talk group I could end up with 2 paid talks for Friday (which I won't be attending). As I say I would like Will Shatner's autograph, but if I choose the wrong autograph group I won't get it - which I'd then have to uneccessarily pay money for.

Also, it does state on the website that '2 months out from the event, the organisers will reveal which talks are included in each group.'

Unless you opt for the £2,999.00 Admiral package or the £899.00 Captain's package you WILL have to pay for Mr. Shatner's autograph.

The cost of Mr. Shatner's autograph is likely to be the same as the cost of his photoshoot, which is £55.00. The most expensive included autograph in the Commander's package is worth between £20.00 and £30.00 of which you have 2 plus another 3 autographs worth £15.00.

Unless you opt for the £2,999.00 Admiral package or the £899.00 Captain's package you WILL have to pay for Mr. Shatner's autograph.

The cost of Mr. Shatner's autograph is likely to be the same as the cost of his photoshoot, which is £55.00. The most expensive included autograph in the Commander's package is worth between £20.00 and £30.00 of which you have 2 plus another 3 autographs worth £15.00.

Thanks. Yeah , I kind of assumed I'd probably need to pay for his autograph. In all honesty it's the only one I really want so £55 I can live with.

Thanks. Yeah , I kind of assumed I'd probably need to pay for his autograph. In all honesty it's the only one I really want so £55 I can live with.

I can relate. I made a similar decision in 2012 regarding Mr. Shatner and this year for Mr. Takei.

Mr. Takei is the last surviving member of the main TOS cast that I haven't met.

I never got the chance to meet Deforest Kelley or James Doohan. Nor did I meet Majel Barrett Rodenberry, Grace Lee Whitney or Mark Leonard.

I just had a question popped into my mind lol.

With Destination Star Trek, is it going to fill up the entire NEC arena or is it just a small part of it? Just I know you can rent mobility scooters for the events but I can't walk very much due to my arthritis.

What's your definition of "small part"?

Honestly speaking, considering how much my feet ache after a day (and I don't have arthritis) I'd really consider the scooter in your case.

Yeah likewise, Sherlocked was in a relatively small space and my feet were killing me, if it hadn't been for sitting in the talks and some of the queue's I'd have been in a lot of discomfort.

The size of the space isn't as relevant (though obviously larger spaces involve more traveling) but the amount of time spent standing.

What's your definition of "small part"?

Honestly speaking, considering how much my feet ache after a day (and I don't have arthritis) I'd really consider the scooter in your case.

I mean is it just limited to one hall of the NEC, or is there gonna be more halls like how LFCC had the levels where one level was all guests signing and photoshoots and talks, ground floor was shops etc

say me and my wife want a pic with robert o reilly in make up on the klingon set and we both have tickets ,do we both get a photo

You will both need to have a ticket for the photograph. You can either go in together or individualy, and (mods - please correct me if I'm wrong) you should come out with a photo each. Essentially, each ticket allows the person in, and for each person there is a printed photograph.

• Like 1

I am hoping they might have some exclusives similar to some of the things they have at the other official events. Not necessarily just things with the event logo on but other sorts of items. I was at another event connected with a well known franchise (I'll allude to it as it did seem Showmasters staff were working at the event!) and they had a lot of unique merchandise available specific to that show. I've also seem Sherlocked has something similar. Be good to see something like that here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

When will the online Press form will be available on your site for accreditations?

Currently your press page mentions it will be "soon" but the following text has been there for a long time :

"PRESS ACCREDITATION

Press pass requests for Destination Star Trek Europe can be submitted very soon.

A form will appear here for you to complete, only requests received via this form will be considered, please do not contact individual representatives of previous events or companies involved, as your request may be missed."

Thanks for the help