Frequently Asked Questions

I don't know how it was arranged during DST 2 and 3, but during 1, on the website they offered some hotels for (in their eyes) cheaper prices. I don't see anything about that right now? Only how to get there.. Is that still in progress? Or don't they do this anymore?

As with all events that have gone before, Showmasters have announced them as soon as they are sorted out. So, if nothing has been announced then they have either not been finished or not obtained. Showmasters have said they never discuss what negotiations are in the mix.

Sorry, strange. Somebody made a quote of my question, but deleted my post and his/her own post.

and deleted this as well..

Oh well, the question still stands.

No one but admins can delete other users' posts. Your original post is still there.

There have been no reduced rates arranged for these show, sorry.

Sorry, strange. Somebody made a quote of my question, but deleted my post and his/her own post.

I replied to you Annick but realised after that my response was irrelevant. As users can't delete I tried to erase my bit and overtyped it with 'deleted' but unfortunately it removed your part of my reply as well and put the 'deleted' bit under your name and I couldn't get rid of it or change it in any way. Apologies for any confusion.

I replied to you Annick but realised after that my response was irrelevant. As users can't delete I tried to erase my bit and overtyped it with 'deleted' but unfortunately it removed your part of my reply as well and put the 'deleted' bit under your name and I couldn't get rid of it or change it in any way. Apologies for any confusion.

The quote function is indeed a bit wonky at the moment, that may have been it. Are you working on a phone or a tablet, Raylenth?

Any idea please she autograph prices will be announced? Would be nice to try and start budgeting.

I think it will be the usual answer of "When they are finalised" in reply. A few people are looking at previous DST events and using that as a starting point.

• Moderators

Any idea please she autograph prices will be announced? Would be nice to try and start budgeting.

I think it will be the usual answer of "When they are finalised" in reply. A few people are looking at previous DST events and using that as a starting point.

As Chappie says prices are still being worked on and will go live when finalised.

Trying to order a Commander's ticket but there is no size guide for the polo shirts. I assume that they are unisex sizes? If so, what chest sizes are the different shirts? Sometimes I'm a medium and sometimes I'm a large and I don't want to order one that I can't get on or one that looks like a tent.

• Like 1

Hi,

Can i just get some clarification as finding the ticket groupings is a bit confusing,. Previously when i attended the other DST the grouping information was asked for closer to the event and sent via email.

it says this is now required at time of booking and cant be changed.

If though this information wont be announced closer to the event possibly 2 months before isn't it likely that the packages will have sold out so have to base your decision on a guess and could end up with something you dont want.

Can they at least be released sooner or have it emailed and have to be in by xxxx date after the announcement of the groupings so that at least people can ensure they get the package they want before it is sold out as it is the 50 anniversary and also that they get the talks, autos they want.

At the moment this is my stumbling block for booking a package as want to know what im getting and not play russian roulette with the talks etc and then have to buy more as not got what i wanted

• Like 1

Hi,

Can i just get some clarification as finding the ticket groupings is a bit confusing,. Previously when i attended the other DST the grouping information was asked for closer to the event and sent via email.

it says this is now required at time of booking and cant be changed.

If though this information wont be announced closer to the event possibly 2 months before isn't it likely that the packages will have sold out so have to base your decision on a guess and could end up with something you dont want.

Can they at least be released sooner or have it emailed and have to be in by xxxx date after the announcement of the groupings so that at least people can ensure they get the package they want before it is sold out as it is the 50 anniversary and also that they get the talks, autos they want.

At the moment this is my stumbling block for booking a package as want to know what im getting and not play russian roulette with the talks etc and then have to buy more as not got what i wanted

It's all been explained already. The group assignments will only be released once the guest list has been finalized. The dates that have been given were an estimate when this will happen. It may be sooner than that, it may be later. Once the guest list has been finalized I can assure you package assignments will be revealed without further delay.

I'll post these responses here, the questions came up in various topics over the forum:

- SM Vouchers are being accepted at this show.

- The autograph price does not include a photo to get signed. Photos will be available for sale or you can bring your own item. It is not an issue if the item you bring is not Trek related.

- The photos available for sale will be official event photos and will have the event logo. If you'd rather have a photo without logo again you are free to bring your own pictures.

• Like 1

I'll post these responses here, the questions came up in various topics over the forum:

- SM Vouchers are being accepted at this show.

- The autograph price does not include a photo to get signed. Photos will be available for sale or you can bring your own item. It is not an issue if the item you bring is not Trek related.

- The photos available for sale will be official event photos and will have the event logo. If you'd rather have a photo without logo again you are free to bring your own pictures.

will they be sale at the table/will actors be bring their own photos..........so you can say an extra fiver for you autograph.than a normal showmasters event

Edited by gosh

Same as last time. Separate sales table. The official pictures will be the only ones for sale. I have no info about the pricing yet, but I expect it to be in line with the prior events. I'm sure someone remembers the price better than me - I am sure it was less than a fiver per picture. Also if you bought more the price went down as well.

Same as last time. Separate sales table. The official pictures will be the only ones for sale. I have no info about the pricing yet, but I expect it to be in line with the prior events. I'm sure someone remembers the price better than me - I am sure it was less than a fiver per picture. Also if you bought more the price went down as well.

I'm pretty sure it was £4 for 1, £10 for 3 or some such...

• Moderators

From memory I think you're right with that one Rob.

what is this username and password then on the dste site for or who do you access

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. The ticket ordering is handled through Eventbrite again. Why are you asking for a Password for the Destination site?

3 for 10 does sound correct to me too - I just really wasn't sure last night.

what is this username and password then on the dste site for or who do you access

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. The ticket ordering is handled through Eventbrite again. Why are you asking for a Password for the Destination site?

May well be referring to the username and password box I also saw in the bottom right hand corner of the main site homepage prior to the initial announcement? I haven't seen it since but as a web developer myself it looked like a shortcut admin user login which was missed from being hidden to the general public. Might want to bear that in mind the next time the site gets wiped clean for a subsequent convention.

Edited by robmoriarty