Frequently Asked Questions

Something I've been wondering about:

This year you receive your tickets by mail and you show them/this at the venue. So I expect not the same (kind of) tickets as during the first DST? What is the "registration time" one hour before opening then for?

Something I've been wondering about:

This year you receive your tickets by mail and you show them/this at the venue. So I expect not the same (kind of) tickets as during the first DST? What is the "registration time" one hour before opening then for?

You will not receive your tickets by mail if you have bought a package.

"On purchase of your ticket you will receive an email that will contain your ticket in PDF format. This will need to be printed or displayed on a mobile device at the event, you will then receive your event pass that will grant you access to the event for the days you have purchased for."

The standard or weekend ticket pages indeed do not specifically mention a pass pick up. But for those I am pretty sure at least wristbands will be handed out.

But this is only for the packages higher as the normal 1 day, sat/sun day and the weekend passes?

As I said above, I am pretty sure the non package tickets will be receiving wristbands. That's how it's happening at LFACC too and the process is pretty smooth.

I have asked for confirmation, but it is highly unlikely I hear back before Monday.

I ask this mostly because, when I go, I don't NEED to be there on a special time (in this registration hour).. I can come whenever I want to. That's my (actual) question. I find the information about this on the site a bit hazy...

But thanks Queen_Sindel, will wait your answer.

I ask this mostly because, when I go, I don't NEED to be there on a special time (in this registration hour).. I can come whenever I want to. That's my (actual) question. I find the information about this on the site a bit hazy...

But thanks Queen_Sindel, will wait your answer.

You can come whenever you want. If you need to pick something up at registration with your ticket type the desk will still be open during show hours. The earlier opening is merely there so that a large number of attendees is already sorted out when the doors open.

I asked show asters they said that you have to take pot luck and you will not be able to change later.

that's just silly...

Think of how many people are going and the logistics of swapping. What if there is no way to do it without impacting other people attending?

Is the NEC really big? I was looking at the actual pictures and it looks like it won't have people pushing past you to get to where they're going.

It is very big, ive been ther a few times for cruise conventions, hopefully they wont sell double the amount of tickets with the larger venue

Is the NEC really big? I was looking at the actual pictures and it looks like it won't have people pushing past you to get to where they're going.

It is very big, ive been ther a few times for cruise conventions, hopefully they wont sell double the amount of tickets with the larger venue

So is Excel. But rarely does anyone rent out the whole or even half the building.

more than sufficient, almost double the excel size.

Have you seen the size of the whole of Excel? It is massive. But, it is rare for any event to rent out mroe than a few sections of it. In comparison to the NEC it holds it's own. It will all depend on how much has been rented out.

more than sufficient, almost double the excel size.

Have you seen the size of the whole of Excel? It is massive. But, it is rare for any event to rent out mroe than a few sections of it. In comparison to the NEC it holds it's own. It will all depend on how much has been rented out.

I've honestly never been to NEC nor Excel.

I've honestly never been to NEC nor Excel.

Both are massive with multiple areas to hold events. Usually an event hires parts of it. NEC has some 200000 square metres of event halls, whereas Excel is slightly less with event halls but has numerous hotels and large rooms attached. Both locations are great, but it will all depend on what has been rented and how many go,

• Like 1

Is there a list of previous DST guests and /or autograph prices anywhere ? I'm not a Star Trek fan but want to meet several guests for their other work. I'm just curious on the number and quality of guests to expect. I assume I can buy a plain admission ticket and pay per auto like most other SM events?

Is there a list of previous DST guests and /or autograph prices anywhere ? I'm not a Star Trek fan but want to meet several guests for their other work. I'm just curious on the number and quality of guests to expect. I assume I can buy a plain admission ticket and pay per auto like most other SM events?

timetable has some of the prices, photo prices were similar per guest, there were 31 in total.

Edited by robmoriarty

Yes, you can do that.