Latest Guest Announcement - JONATHAN FRAKES

He obviously has a diary and can say he is not available and the conflict will not occur.

So if a one month job comes along you expect an actor/director to turn down it down for a three day event?

Not necessarily but the three day event, already accepted, should factor into it. The job's schedule should be capable of being project managed to accommodate a three day event if necessary if the production company wants that director so badly. They'd also have to do so should said director become ill.

Also should an actor/director quit a three day acting assignment in favour of another longer acting assignment ?

It all comes down to what you consider is a proper professional attitude to these things.

Also by the same token, he should not make himself available for these three day events if there is the slightest chance that a monthly job (or longer) may come along in the month that a three day event is scheduled.

It is entirely possible to predict which months these jobs are likely to come about.

I accept that sometimes these things are unavoidable.

It is not life and death if I don't meet a certain guest.

However you should seriously avoid letting people down twice in a row and this is what will annoy me should he cancel again.

I just wanted to make my feelings clear but I will survive it if Mr. Frakes does cancel.

Yes I believe he does cancel a lot, but events are ALWAYS sold with 'guests appear subject to work' in the T's&C's so if someone chooses to buy a ticket for an event you take your chances on the guest you want to see still appearing by the time the event rolls around. It's really unfortunate and I do understand it's annoying, particularly if someone is always cancelling but they aren't just going to not invite him because you will always have people who want him as a guest.

Showmasters will let everyone know what is happening when they have had a chance to speak to his managers. Hopefully something can still be worked out.

Yes I believe he does cancel a lot, but events are ALWAYS sold with 'guests appear subject to work' in the T's&C's so if someone chooses to buy a ticket for an event you take your chances on the guest you want to see still appearing by the time the event rolls around. It's really unfortunate and I do understand it's annoying, particularly if someone is always cancelling but they aren't just going to not invite him because you will always have people who want him as a guest.

Showmasters will let everyone know what is happening when they have had a chance to speak to his managers. Hopefully something can still be worked out.

I do get the 'guests appear subject to work' situation and I'd really like to meet him too. The 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' quotation comes to mind.

If I was in charge of booking guests I'd be wary of booking someone who I suspect will let me down again. This is no reflection on Showmaster's or Media 10. They book a guest on good faith and expect that guest to show up not cancel at the last minuite.

This is why I made the suggestion that the DST organisers seriously consider whether or not it is worth their time and effort approaching such a fickle guest.

This being said, to my knowledge he has not cancelled yet and it is only speculation by me and others that fear that this is going to happen once more.

I appreciate your replies to my posts and hope that they are taken as constructive and not viewed as trying to cause trouble. That is not my intent.

Not at all, there's no problem discussing things like this, especially when it's all nice and polite.

I do understand your point, just not sure what the best solution is. If he never turned up then yeah it would be pointless approaching him, but he has done them so I think the intent and willingness is there.

I do get the 'guests appear subject to work' situation and I'd really like to meet him too. The 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' quotation comes to mind.

If I was in charge of booking guests I'd be wary of booking someone who I suspect will let me down again. This is no reflection on Showmaster's or Media 10. They book a guest on good faith and expect that guest to show up not cancel at the last minuite.

This is why I made the suggestion that the DST organisers seriously consider whether or not it is worth their time and effort approaching such a fickle guest.

This being said, to my knowledge he has not cancelled yet and it is only speculation by me and others that fear that this is going to happen once more.

I appreciate your replies to my posts and hope that they are taken as constructive and not viewed as trying to cause trouble. That is not my intent.

Although disappointing if showmasters didn't approach these guests then there would be a 0% chance of them ever attending, I would definitely rather them try and get these guests and just keep my fingers crossed!

• Like 2

No, he has not cancelled.

You understood correctly - another guest has stated he has accepted a Job. Some People are worried this Job will interfere with the appearance here. However, nothing has been confirmed whatsoever. We don't even know if this Job is Close by timewise, all that has been said is "in a couple of months."

I think that in the Uk a couple of months means 2 months. In South Africa it means a few months. So the job offer could mean anything.Depends on the country that the person saying it comes from. What does 'a couple of months mean in the USA?

Going from personal experience: Any time from Labour Day (beginning of September) to Easter 2017. With big chances on Easter actually. ;)

I think that in the Uk a couple of months means 2 months. In South Africa it means a few months. So the job offer could mean anything.Depends on the country that the person saying it comes from. What does 'a couple of months mean in the USA?

Going from personal experience: Any time from Labour Day (beginning of September) to Easter 2017. With big chances on Easter actually. ;)

It would be great if the forum moderators could get a definitive (and hopefully positive :D ) answer from Mr. Frakes' agent as soon as possible to alleviate the fears of those concerned attendees. Edited by ozycomms

It would be great if the forum moderators could get a definitive (and hopefully positive :D ) answer from Mr. Frakes' agent as soon as possible to alleviate the fears of those concerned attendees.

That's not really the job of the mods, more the people in the office and if they get confirmation that he will cancel then it will be announced on here and if he doesn't then all things will remain as they are.

What I meant was that efforts should be made by whomever has responsibility for guest attendance to inform attendees ASAP of a guest(s) attendance where a public announcement has been made at another event where it could impact attendance at this event.

It would be great if the forum moderators could get a definitive (and hopefully positive :D ) answer from Mr. Frakes' agent as soon as possible to alleviate the fears of those concerned attendees.

That's not really the job of the mods, more the people in the office and if they get confirmation that he will cancel then it will be announced on here and if he doesn't then all things will remain as they are.

What I meant was that efforts should be made by whomever has responsibility for guest attendance to inform attendees ASAP of a guest(s) attendance where a public announcement has been made at another event where it could impact attendance at this event.

They'll only going to make an announcement if anything changes and it becomes official. I doubt you will see a 'he's still coming' announcement. At the moment he hasn't cancelled so the official line is he will be there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just notice this too. It appears any mention of him has been removed from the site. Bad form of the organisers not announcing this first if he has indeed cancelled.

hopefully will have confirmation soon, he was listed on there at dinner time :(