Destination Star Trek Europe 2016

Honestly, I hope they go ack to London again. Haven't visiting this con, but London is more central for those who come from outside the UK.

About the hotelprices, I heard several people said that prices were actually quite high. But I guess that depends on where you want to stay...

I know London is obviously more well known abroad, but the NEC has Birmingham International Airport right next door to it.

Seems pretty accessible from outside the UK to me.

I also got a hotel room for £35 a night in the city centre at the Ibis Budget there.

Those sort of prices in a central location would be impossible in the capital.

Edited by Four Lights

Hotel prices were only crazy if you wanted to stay near the venue; over £200 for a basic room in an average hotel is really not on. Tbh staying near the NEC was only really needed for those wanting to party 'til late, and even then a taxi into Birmingham city centre wasn't exhorbitant. - Far better to get a city centre hotel for £80 with a £20 taxi fare than a £250+ room in the NEC/airport hotels.

There could have been more done to make the interior appealing; as amazing as the bridges were , there needed to be more. Having said that,the cost of doing so to such a large hall would have been pretty expensive, so I can see why this wasn't done, but still disappointing, The only other thing they HAVE to get right is more traders - this is almost an attraction in itself, and I was very disappointed with the turnout. Let them pitch their stalls for free, or just charge them a nominal fee - better than having loads of empty space, and I'm sure a lot of fans went awy feeling disappointed that they couldn't buy more merchandise. Like I said , for the organisers this is a FREE attraction so definitely 'could do better'.

As for where it is, I don't care as long as they put on a good show. There are very few places in the UK not far from a motorway, train station or airport, and with advance planning accomodation can be got for reasonable prices,