Destination Star Trek Europe 2016

Hi! Sorry if this has already been asked, but I haven't been able to find it.

When/how will we recieve the tickets (like the talk tickets) that are included in our packages? Or will I be able to just use my admission ticket to get into the talks?

Hi QS, would there be any reason that the Classic Bridge isn't taking photos until 17:35 like the other 2 bridges? I know there's the Bridge + guest shoots, but the last one on the Saturday finishes at 15:20. Just thinking there's an extra 2 hours where people could have that photo done to avoid more clashes.

I'm sure there is a reason, but I have no idea what it is. :lol: I imagine it's possible an issue with the availabilty of the photographer possibly.

• Like 2

When/how will we recieve the tickets (like the talk tickets) that are included in our packages? Or will I be able to just use my admission ticket to get into the talks?

It should be the admission tickets which are punched as far as I know. If that is not the case you will get anything included in the package when you pick up your ticket, or will at least be told where to pick it up then.

It should be the admission tickets which are punched as far as I know. If that is not the case you will get anything included in the package when you pick up your ticket, or will at least be told where to pick it up then.

Okay! Thanks for a very quick reply. :)

I'm batch 4 for Shatner will I be able to do photo between 11.25 and 12.25 on saturday other one clashes with one of my paid talks

I have the same batch but the reverse problem so it works out for me luckily.

Not sure if anyone can help but I'm thinking of bringing my two year old son with me at previous events he has been allowed to be in photos for free. Is this the case here or would he need his own ticket?

Edited by Yorktown1701

I'm batch 4 for Shatner will I be able to do photo between 11.25 and 12.25 on saturday other one clashes with one of my paid talks

Not sure if anyone can help but I'm thinking of bringing my two year old son with me at previous events he has been allowed to be in photos for free. Is this the case here or would he need his own ticket?

The general rule is babes in arms don't need a ticket. For me a 2 year old would be a babe in arms still. Not really sure if that helps.

The general rule is babes in arms don't need a ticket. For me a 2 year old would be a babe in arms still. Not really sure if that helps.

It does thank you :)

Doesn't help the discussion here about bringing him - I want him to come because in years to come it will be awesome. While my wife seems to think a temperamental toddler may not be fun!

• Like 1

It does thank you :)

Doesn't help the discussion here about bringing him - I want him to come because in years to come it will be awesome. While my wife seems to think a temperamental toddler may not be fun!

That's really hard to say. He may be totally fascinated and be as quiet as a mouse. Or he may hate it and get really temperamental.

Are you planning on bringing a buggy or pram? If you do bring him I'd suggest bringing some sort of cover for the buggy. That way he could get his "private zone" if he gets overwhelmed. Some of my friends are doing that with their young kids when we go to Disney and it really seems to help.

• Like 1

That's really good to know. Thank you x

I was just concerned as William shatner photo is batch 4 so need to do 2.25-3.25 and the ds9 talk is 2.35-3.20. I will let crew know of where I need to be and hope they can do me really early with shatner.

Edited by gwynatlarche

via Twitter :

"@StarTrek_DST

Tickets to #DSTE are selling at warp speed!
Saturday day entry tickets have now SOLD OUT
Other entry tickets are running low!"
This is encouraging. :coolthumb:
If I'm honest, from the lack of updates until very recently I feared this event might be a bit of a damp squib...
Edited by MLP*

It also means Saturday is going to be busy!!!

Indeed. I thought for a while I might be the only one. :D

I bought my tickets last week but it's a shame there wasn't any advance notice (that I saw anyway) that Saturday tickets were about to run out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I come from germany and stand on sunday by you. My aviator arrived around 11:00 clock in birmingham. I had a photoshoot with george takei on the classic star trek bridge. This photoshoot was already at 09:30 clock. For people from outside the country almost impossible to create, especially if you had already booked much earlier. This photoshoot would have had to take place again in the afternoon, so that everyone has the opportunity to get his photo. I was at the infostand. That lasted over 30 minutes until I came to it and then they told me that this would be started on the LFCC also at 09:30. But there were the same actors in the afternoon again to take a photoshoot. They told me I could still take the normal photo with takei. I had more paid and one was not ready to reimburse me the difference. That is an insolence. I drive to a lot of cons in europe every year. Something I had not experienced so far. Why were the photoshoots with william shattner and the bridge sold out? You could have sold without problems still some. I only had the normal photoshoot, although I'd rather have that with the bridge. Even that was not wanted to help me. It must be better. Which was good, which the wheelchair drivers could also do everything and was also helped them reasonably.

Just a query are the DST always in October.

Where have previous Destination Star Trek's been held?

2014 (October) - Destination Star Trek 3 - London, United Kingdom - ExCel, London

2014 (February) - Destination Star Trek Germany - Frankfurt, Germany - Messe Frankfurt

2012 (October) - Destination Star Trek London - London, United Kingdom - ExCel, London

Just a query are the DST always in October.

Where have previous Destination Star Trek's been held?

2014 (October) - Destination Star Trek 3 - London, United Kingdom - ExCel, London

2014 (February) - Destination Star Trek Germany - Frankfurt, Germany - Messe Frankfurt

2012 (October) - Destination Star Trek London - London, United Kingdom - ExCel, London

Every two years!?! Does this mean the next one won't be until 2018? 😔 Edited by Tony1975

I've a feeling someone said something in here to the effect that Jason said see you in two years at the end of the event on Sunday. In some ways that timing might be quite sensible, by then, hopefully Discovery will be established so we might be seeing a fresh influx of guests next time round.