Destination Star Trek Europe 2016

Guys, I totally see where you are coming from. But I swear, if the mods had any ideas - even hints or pointers - we would have said something. This includes schedules, prop shoots, guest announcements and anything you can think of.

All I can keep posting is that more info will be coming as soon as things have been finalized, this includes more guest announcements possibly.

The more parties involved, the bigger the Chance for a delay. Official Events can be particularly haunted by that.

Guys, I totally see where you are coming from. But I swear, if the mods had any ideas - even hints or pointers - we would have said something. This includes schedules, prop shoots, guest announcements and anything you can think of.

All I can keep posting is that more info will be coming as soon as things have been finalized, this includes more guest announcements possibly.

The more parties involved, the bigger the Chance for a delay. Official Events can be particularly haunted by that.

Will there be Camels there? :whistling::poki:

Will there be Camels there? :whistling::poki:

Depends if your handler gets one in the train. :P You should dress up as a ghost camel then though if you want to participate in haunting.

Have to say im looking forward to this as i have never been to a Star Trek convention only comic con in London. Also gladthat theres a few deep space nine stars there as i want to get their autographs and pics. I bought the lieutenant package so be interested to see what i get.

I do however have to agree that info on certain things should have been put up sooner so that people can plan better what they want to do at the event.

• Like 1

Here's my two cents:

If I have a chance to go to a convention, I jump on it. There are quite a few folks appearing at this convention that I didn't have the opportunity to meet at the various other cons that I have attended.

From the looks of the line-up here, I will be a very happy guy. George Takei, Walter Koenig and Christopher Lloyd were more than enough for me to get everything booked.

I intend to make the most out of this weekend, and enjoy myself to the fullest.

I'm also looking forward to meeting you guys, the fans that keep these conventions going every year! I love talking Trek with anyone, and I look forward to doing it with you guys!

LLAP.

Edited by mmarzett
Other event info removed - sorry, not allowed per the forum rules.
  • Like 3

My priorities are Classic - one of the last chances to get that many actors from TOS - and DS9. So far quite happy with the lineup.

Many actors have happily going careers so I think actors like Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk promotion and a play going on) or Colm Meaney (The Journey promotion - seen pics of him at Venice Film Festival :clap: ) - and think this is also true for most nuTrek actors.

Has anyone been to the NEC before? It is a huge building with 20 halls. According to the NEC website the Star Trek convention will be held in Hall 4. Will the entrance arrangements be similar to DSTL 2012 when everyone was asked to queue up in the adjacent hall before we could enter? Can people walk straight into Hall 4?

hallplan_zps6arpqnju.png

Edited by Aaron2029

Just noticed who was a sherlocked this weekend. Please can you box up Benedict Cumberbatch and send him first class to destination star trek PLEASE!!!!

You never know. He was a last minute announcement for Sherlocked so maybe that's why the DST schedules are being held back until the last minute ? ;)

Just noticed who was a sherlocked this weekend. Please can you box up Benedict Cumberbatch and send him first class to destination star trek PLEASE!!!!

You never know. He was a last minute announcement for Sherlocked so maybe that's why the DST schedules are being held back until the last minute ? ;)

I hope so, he is sooo yummy lol Edited by gwynatlarche

Been searching for slithers of info and came across this quote from Mark Woollard, director of Massive Events: “... it wouldn’t be a birthday without one or two surprises – we are boldly going where no one’s gone before, so keep an eye out for some big announcements as we get close to the show.”

sounds promising, hopefully now that SHERLOCKED has finished, Destination Star Trek will get the attention that its been severely lacking

Edited by kittkarr
  • Like 1

It did seem with Sherlock that we got a flurry of announcements for packages, guests, group photos etc as the event got closer so it may well be similar with this one. Different events I know with different logistics, but as much as the late announcements did cause some planning issues, they were well worth waiting for. Hopefully the same will be true of this event.

Is Adam Nimoy still attending? I cannot see any mention of him on here or website. Also are there any others who have said that they will be there who haven't been officially announced yet.

Oops please ignore. I have just spotted Adam on the timetable!