Guest Suggestions

It's been way too long now since any new guest announcements have been made. At the moment I only have three must meet and I am delaying purchasing tickets incase they get cancelled. Come on SM it is the 50th anniversary! There needs to be a lot more guests!

• Like 2

It's been way too long now since any new guest announcements have been made. At the moment I only have three must meet and I am delaying purchasing tickets incase they get cancelled. Come on SM it is the 50th anniversary! There needs to be a lot more guests!

I've done exactly the same. Purchased photos for my top three but I'm hanging fire on purchasing any more until we have a more concrete idea on the final line up.

• Like 1

We could really use a few more good guests. I'd like to humbly suggest:

Daniel Davis - Moriarty, TNG

Whoopy Goldberg - Guinan, TNG (She does fly nowadays, would be a golden opportunity for DST50)

Diana Muldaur - Dr. Pulaski, TNG

Nana Visitor - Kira Nerys, DS9

Edited by Alex Picard
  • Like 1

I was just listening to the interview with Nana Visitor on the official Star Trek podcast and the host who is attending DST50 asked if she was going too and she said she hasn't been invited but would love to go if asked.

Seems like a no brainer. She'd be a wonderful addition to the show.

• Like 2

I'd love to see Captain Sisko / the Emissary - Avery Brooks himself make an appearance!

I was just listening to the interview with Nana Visitor on the official Star Trek podcast and the host who is attending DST50 asked if she was going too and she said she hasn't been invited but would love to go if asked.

Seems like a no brainer. She'd be a wonderful addition to the show.

• Like 2

But can people plan everything in such a short time? They don't seem to think about this..

They do, lots of good guests early equals lots of ticket sales not many guests equals not so many ticket sales. Showmasters are aware of this.

I don't know why they haven't announced other guests, I don't work in the office and I've never negotiated guest contracts, so I don't know what is going on, if it's just difficult to tie people down or if there is other stuff going on. But Showmasters are aware that a lot of people can't just drop everything a couple of weeks before the event if they suddenly announce a load of guests. I'm sure that they too would like everything sorted out nice and early for everyone's sakes.

Which begs the question: Given that this is supposed to be Europe's biggest celebration, in Trek's biggest year, why do we have fewer guests at this point than DST3, having had no guests / talks announced for 11 weeks, and only 6 weeks to go?

• Like 1

But can people plan everything in such a short time? They don't seem to think about this..

They do, lots of good guests early equals lots of ticket sales not many guests equals not so many ticket sales. Showmasters are aware of this.

I was actually talking about planning your trip there and the hotel. As long as I don't know the whole guests list, I'm not planning anything. So more names and information would be VERY welcome..

• Like 1

I was actually talking about planning your trip there and the hotel. As long as I don't know the whole guests list, I'm not planning anything. So more names and information would be VERY welcome..

That's what I was saying, they are aware than not everyone lives in the area and can just turn up willy nilly. They are aware that people have to make travel plans, often from over seas.

That's what I was saying, they are aware than not everyone lives in the area and can just turn up willy nilly. They are aware that people have to make travel plans, often from over seas.

I have doubts that they think about it... Hotels can run out of beds... Trains / flights can be full / non bookable...

I'm guessing a lot of people, myself included, are holding off buying tickets until we get a more concrete line up. The sales for the event, at this stage, must not look very good for the organisers

• Like 3

I have doubts that they think about it... Hotels can run out of beds... Trains / flights can be full / non bookable...

Of course they are aware of that Annick. Doesn't mean they can necessarily do anything about it though.

As I said I've never organised an event so can't give you a reason, maybe it's harder to get the guests this time. There are a lot of signing events that go on around the world so between that and work the guests may have it may be harder this time to pin down people to attend in a timely fashion.

I don't disagree with you that it's hard for the attendees as people aren't going to book expensive travel options on the guess that more guests may attend, and that therefore by the time they do announce people your previous travel options may then be too expensive or booked up like you say, I'm just trying to say that the organisers aren't idiots, they are aware of their market base and that its international for these big events, not local, and that these things are issues that will limit their ticket sales so I highly doubt it's something they do deliberately.

Let's just say that if they do are aware of it, they do a lousy job in showing it.. With so many questions from our side and the complete silence from them.... It couldn't hurt to tell SOMEthing. (Perhaps when to expect something news, or something like that - and not like the last message they've posted on Facebook with "it's going to be great" or something like that, and nothing more. Because many people disagree on that.)

• Like 2

I'm guessing a lot of people, myself included, are holding off buying tickets until we get a more concrete line up. The sales for the event, at this stage, must not look very good for the organisers

Agreed. I mostly go for the talks. I'm thinking of attending on the Saturday but there's no list of who is doing talks on the Saturday.

The Enterprise stage talks are supposed to be ticketed but with just six weeks to go there are no talk tickets available for purchase.

I'm not going to buy an entry ticket until I can at least provisionally plan out what I'm going to be doing on the day.

Is there something wrong with John De Lancie? I can't see that anyone else has suggested him as a guest which begs that very question? :D

Personally, I'd love a chance to meet the guy. Q was always a favourite character of mine across TNG and Voyager.

Edited by Ultimatequinoxe
  • Like 3

Not that I know of :-). And indeed he is a nice guy. Seen him short during the introduction time of all the guests during dstl 2012.

[off] and currently I see him on a dvd from "Charmed" were he has a role in too, always fun to see him in any part. [/off]

• 2 weeks later...