Guest Suggestions

• Moderators

If there was going to be all five captains coming, as was hinted at in this interview with Kate Mulgrew, should this not have come in the first wave of guest announcements to get a buzz going and (more importantly) ticket sales?

Yes I know it was only hinted at before you say it.

Perhaps they're still working on it, we can hope!!

If there was going to be all five captains coming, as was hinted at in this interview with Kate Mulgrew, should this not have come in the first wave of guest announcements to get a buzz going and (more importantly) ticket sales?

Yes I know it was only hinted at before you say it.

Perhaps they're still working on it, we can hope!!

hope, yes. But from a marketing perspective it does seem to have been done the wrong way round if they could pull it off.

As has been said countless times on many different events boards, both Showmasters and non Showmasters, there is zero advantage to delaying an announcement which can add to an event. Having Kate signed and sealed would signify an immediate announcement unless legally the event cannot announce her (or any guest) until a specific date

Having Kate signed and sealed would signify an immediate announcement unless legally the event cannot announce her (or any guest) until a specific date

As organizers you'll need to pick a date to 'come forward with your event'. That date might already have been stretched a little to wait for signings... who knows.

It might be so that the remaining 5 captains are on the verge of signing / confirming...

... I know ...

... yes ... I know...

... just leave me be naive, ok :P

• Like 1

George Takei

Nichelle Nichols

Simon Pegg

Chris Pine

Zachary Quinto

John Cho

Anton Yelchin

Bruce Greenwood

Karl Urban

Zoe Saldana

Benedict Cumberbatch (Yea I know, he only played Khan in the Into Darkness film, but I technically count him as a Star Trek actor now)

John De Lancie (I bet he is such a hoot!)

Patrick Stewart

Kate Mulgrew

Gates McFadden

Brent Spiner

LeVar Burton

Michael Dorn

Diana Muldar

Denise Crosby

Wil Wheaton

Colm Meaney

Dwight Shultz

Whoopi Goldberg

Avery Brooks

Nana Visitor

René Auberjonois

Armin Shimerman

Max Grodénchik

Aron Eisenberg

Tim Russ

Garrett Wang

Robert Picardo

Ethan Phillips

Robert Beltran

Alice Krige

Scott Bakula

Edited by Namine
  • Like 1

My must meet would be Scott Bakula, loved him in Enterprise and Quantum Leap, wanted to meet him for years!

Would also love Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Benedict Cumberbatch, Zachery Quinto, Karl Urban, Jolene Blalock, Anthony Montgomery, Linda Park, Connor Trineer, Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner to name a few

• Like 3

Having Kate signed and sealed would signify an immediate announcement unless legally the event cannot announce her (or any guest) until a specific date

It might be so that the remaining 5 captains are on the verge of signing / confirming...

... I know ...

... yes ... I know...

... just leave me be naive, ok :P

Ofcourse a very wide and extreem guess (but who cares, lets just be crazy :angel::whistling: ), but maybe she cannot or haven't sign up (yet) (lets hope so), because she's working on her book in Ireland for the next 2-3 months..

Nobody can do nothing about it, but personally I find it strange when they announce big names so late. That was what I liked about the first DST. 5 Captains on a row in one and the first announcement.

(SInce I am in *awaiting modes* for Kate's name, I hope the next announcement(s?) will be very soon - and I hope I don't have to wait another couple of months).

Nobody can do nothing about it, but personally I find it strange when they announce big names so late. That was what I liked about the first DST. 5 Captains on a row in one and the first announcement.

(SInce I am in *awaiting modes* for Kate's name, I hope the next announcement(s?) will be very soon - and I hope I don't have to wait another couple of months).

Nothing starnge about announcing names "late" or near to the event itself as Showmasters, as with any event organiser, can only be announced and advertised once the guest has agreed to attend, has signed the contract and the event organiser received it.

The event organisers could be negotiating with potential guests for many months before that potential guest agrees to become an announced guest. With work in the entertainment industry a year round business some potential guests may not be able to commit to attending until a short period before the event itself. But other times they can commit early in the process.

As a specific example of why that may be so, particularly with working actors, with the Sherlocked event Showmasters have said that Benedict's agents have specifically asked them to talk to them again nearer the event date as they cannot commit at this stage. They need to wait to have a clearer idea of what his schedule will be like. It might not be a totally unusual occurrence and may be the case with some of the Star Trek guests as well. Not saying it is but it's worth considering.