Destination Star Trek Is Back!

Has anyone used or know of the free rail service that runs from Birmingham airport to the NEC ? Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.

It's a monorail- fully automatic. After a journey of a few minutes you arrive-head down the escalator and you're in the NEC-super convenient and it's free.

It feels rather "Star Trek" so will get you in the mood!

• Like 1

Has anyone booked any package tickets I'm looking but how do you choose a group when you don't know what guest or talk is in what group is it just a gamble as its mandatory at booking and can't be changed later.

I've booked one and will just wait till they announce the groups then just email them with your picks

Has anyone booked any package tickets I'm looking but how do you choose a group when you don't know what guest or talk is in what group is it just a gamble as its mandatory at booking and can't be changed later.

I've booked one and will just wait till they announce the groups then just email them with your picks

I'm sorry to say that, but I think there is a misunderstanding here. You do not get to choose your autographs/talks, they are pre-assigned.

The site does suggest that package holders do get an element of choice in their autograph and talk allocations, even if it is just to pick the group you can select from:

"At the time of booking you will be asked to chose a group letter for your autograph allocation. Each individual ticket holder has a choice of which group they wish to be in, this can be different to other tickets in your order. "

"At the time of booking you will be asked to chose a group letter for your talk allocation. Each individual ticket holder has a choice of which group they wish to be in, this can be different to other tickets in your order but if you want to sit with friends/family who also have tickets please select the same group letter for talks."

This group selection is mainly so that friends and family can be in the same group. There were quite a number of complaints about that at the last shows.

As I posted elsewhere the allocated autographs for each group won't be revealed before the guest list is complete. So right now (and I fully understand that concern) the group choice is a bit between closed box 1 and closed box 2.

Sorry, i'm confused too. Do we get to choose which paid talks to go for (am thinking of going for the Lieutenant package)? Or does it depend on which box I select now, and then are just assigned talks as per box?

Thanks - sorry to be slow on the uptake.

Thanks for confirming, that was what I understood from the site, I thought your post was saying we didn't have any element of choice on autographs even at a closed box level!

Closed box level? Now you've confused me dear Count. :lol:

All autographs and talks for the packages (with the exception of the VIP tickets) are pre-assigned. The different groups will have different assignments though.

Sorry, i'm confused too. Do we get to choose which paid talks to go for (am thinking of going for the Lieutenant package)? Or does it depend on which box I select now, and then are just assigned talks as per box?

Thanks - sorry to be slow on the uptake.

You do not get to choose which paid talks you go for. It depends on the group you choose, correct. But you will not know which group has what assignment until the guest list is complete.

Thanks for confirming, that was what I understood from the site, I thought your post was saying we didn't have any element of choice on autographs even at a closed box level!

All autographs and talks for the packages (with the exception of the VIP tickets) are pre-assigned. The different groups will have different assignments though.

It's ok I think we are saying the same thing! If I order a commander package I will have to make a choice of talk group and an autograph group when I make the order but at this moment in time it's is pot luck as to who will be in either or those groups.

Ok - thanks for clarifying.

From past events, do the Leutenant packages sell out quite quickly?

Thanks again

I wouldn't expect them to go that quickly.

And now the office will prove me wrong and tomorrow night we'll have all remaining Captains announced causing a new record sell out time. :lol:

It's ok I think we are saying the same thing! If I order a commander package I will have to make a choice of talk group and an autograph group when I make the order but at this moment in time it's is pot luck as to who will be in either or those groups.

Yes, we are saying the same thing then. There is this plan on the website saying you'll get that many guests for 15 pounds, that many for 25 etc. if that helps any.

Hi

Got a room sorted :)

Re. the ticket packages - do the Bronze (Lieutenant) packages sell out quite quickly normally?

Thanks for the info.

This is a "how long is a piece of string" type situation. It all depends on who is buying tickets and the add on prices for photo shoots etc. A lot of people are saying they are going to work the prices out before deciding on what package.

Thanks - sorry to keep asking questions, but how much approx are the opening ceremony and paid talks normally? Thanks so much

Not sure for this time. I think the previous DST events are archived in the previous events section at the bottom of the forum homepage. If you look in there the prices might still be there.

It doesn't say it's exclusive to them, like other items at the top of the inclusive details do, so I'd think it would probably be available as an add on later on.

Edit: having a quick look at the website http://www.destinationstartrek.com/highlights/tng-enterprise-d-bridge this clearly states that tickets will be available and doesn't include any restrictions on which ticket holders can purchase a photo op so just keep an eye out for announcements and buy one when the bridge photo shoots go on sale.

Edited by Raylenth