Destination Star Trek Is Back!

Can we start guest requests yet? ;)

As it's the 50th anniversary, hopefully some TOS guests. George Takei has not done a DST before so he'd be a good choice.

Plus some of the new cast as well. I think only Karl Urban has done DST before.

I'd like some DS9ers there too, not met any of them and it would be good to stir things up with the DS9 bluray debate again.

Brilliant news, really thought we might have seen the last of this event!

ah Fooku, how I've missed our previous conversation threads!

And pray to the stars Jonathan Frakes makes it to this one

I'm not going to hold my breath if he is announced until I see him there on stage!

• Like 1

Yes, he's my Moby Dick, cancelled all three DST. Also Malcolm McDowell and Alexander Siddig. Uncle and nephew.

He tasks me he tasks me, and I shall have him.

Yes, he's my Moby Dick, cancelled all three DST. Also Malcolm McDowell and Alexander Siddig. Uncle and nephew.

He tasks me he tasks me, and I shall have him.

A* on the use of quote xD

• Like 1

This is Amazing, I hope DST get a lot of the Original Series Guests. :smile:

Afre there camels in the original series?

Yes, There are Camels in the Original Series. Every time the landing party visited a Planet, there would be a camel in the background. Watch the Series again and look very hard and you will see them. If you want to cheat then just type.. Are there Camels in Star trek in your search engine.... Hope this helps. :smile::whistling:

• Like 1

This is Amazing, I hope DST get a lot of the Original Series Guests. :smile:

Afre there camels in the original series?

Yes, There are Camels in the Original Series. Every time the landing party visited a Planet, there would be a camel in the background. Watch the Series again and look very hard and you will see them. If you want to cheat then just type.. Are there Camels in Star trek in your search engine.... Hope this helps. :smile::whistling:

So, how much for your hoof print and a photo shoot at the event? Are you a Diamond or Platinum guest?

Guys, can I ask a favour? Please stop posting about a certain tweet.

Yes, we've seen this on Twitter too. But this announcement was really meant to be a big reveal and a surprise. This is why the mods have hidden the posts and contacted the office on how to proceed. We had a couple of Twitter-gates before, but nothing to that extent. I am fully aware the posts will continue somewhere else, but for now can you please stop re-posting here? There may be contractual reasons why the announcement was meant to be made on the 2nd for example, and we can't risk possible trouble on here.

• Like 1

No problem at all. Everyone gets excited, things happen. We just had someone who made no less than four posts while I was even typing this after prior posts had already been hidden. ;)

We're really just waiting for office confirmation at the moment.

No problem at all. Everyone gets excited, things happen. We just had someone who made no less than four posts while I was even typing this after prior posts had already been hidden. ;)

We're really just waiting for office confirmation at the moment.

I've asked everyone I can on Facebook to wait for the confirmation on Tuesday despite the obvious chatter. if this is all accurate then I'm even more excited than I was, cheaper travel and hotel options so can spend more at the event instead!

Birmingham is not ideal for me (2 hour train ride each way) so it depends what the guest list is like.

Even worse news for everyone who booked out all the hotels around the Excel centre assuming it would be there ! :angel:

Birmingham is not ideal for me (2 hour train ride each way) so it depends what the guest list is like.

Even worse news for everyone who booked out all the hotels around the Excel centre assuming it would be there ! :angel:

Thankfully went through Booking.com so free cancellation!

Be interesting to hear what is confirmed on Tuesday, have to admit I'm a bit surprised that there doesn't seem to have been anything from the DST Twitter account about the new event, even if it was just to confirm the date of the announcement.

to be fair their social media hasn't exactly been "active" much from December onwards...

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 1

I was trying to use their Twitter feed as an indicator as to whether there would be another event. The fact they still made the occasional tweet suggested that the event brand wasn't completely dead. I suppose DST has always been a slightly different beast in that SM have worked with Media 10 so the whole announcement process may not always be done along the same last lines as others.

Either way, the indications are we have an event, a fairly central UK location and a Shatner. Who could ask for more!