Tickets

Raylenth

Which is part of what I posted above, that queueing is very likely to be done in batches. Gives early booking people exactly what you are asking for. I don't know why it did not happen last year, but that is the way it is normally done. This point was brought up numerous points after the last show and definitely won't be ignored.

In the past we had some people seriously expecting queueing to be done in exact number order, with the line being held up until everyone is in position. Considering how often that idea comes up the mods always repeat that this is not doable. I think some people - especially if they have never been to an event before - just underestimate the number of attendees.

I don't see how it could possibly be done in a timely fashion and keep things going as scheduled. I think they should do away with the numbers and just do batches.

Which is part of what I posted above, that queueing is very likely to be done in batches. Gives early booking people exactly what you are asking for. I don't know why it did not happen last year, but that is the way it is normally done. This point was brought up numerous points after the last show and definitely won't be ignored.

In the past we had some people seriously expecting queueing to be done in exact number order, with the line being held up until everyone is in position. Considering how often that idea comes up the mods always repeat that this is not doable. I think some people - especially if they have never been to an event before - just underestimate the number of attendees.

I don't see how it could possibly be done in a timely fashion and keep things going as scheduled. I think they should do away with the numbers and just do batches.

Truth to be told, I don't know exactly how it will be done this time, if it will batches only or if the tickets will have exact numbers. Just doing batches certainly is an option to avoid the feeling of being further behind than one should be.

Interestingly the website says the autos will be done in ticket type and number order.

Meanwhile I've requested confirmation about queueing for autographs, talks and photos. I admit I didn't even look on the autograph page yet because most questions so far were about talks.

Interestingly the website says the autos will be done in ticket type and number order.

Meanwhile I've requested confirmation about queueing for autographs, talks and photos. I admit I didn't even look on the autograph page yet because most questions so far were about talks.

We are so used to how things 'normally' work at Showmasters and Massive Events events that it was easy to presume Sherlocked would be the same, but I remember from last year there were little nuggets of info in the sub categories so was looking around last night to see if anything else was different.

Until the actual details of how it's all going to work are released it's hard to speculate but this will either make it a lot easier or a lot harder depending on what it means exactly - if it just means when you join an auto queue the packages will be given priority then that's basically just how it was supposed to be last time, if it means that we will have an assigned session to go to I'm not sure how that would work around the talks.

• Showmasters Admin

I hope this helps. It's what we did last year, with a few tweets...

Photo shoots queueing:

First the Groups will be called. Plat groups, the Gold Groups, then Silver Groups.

They may NOT be called in alphabetical order. For example, for one shoot Gold might be called F, H, D, because it makes sense to do so to avoid a clash with another shoot.

Then the Batches will be called 1, 2, 3, 4....

Autographs queueing:

In the morning we will first call Platinum 1 to 50, 1 to 100 and so on. Then Gold 1 to 50, 1 to 100 and so on. This is purely to manage the queues so that we don't have 400 people all try and join a single queue. As usual you can join the back of the queue at any time AFTER your ticket has been called.

Then Virtual Queue tickets will be called. These maybe start being called earlier if the queue is becoming empty.

If at anytime you have an issue and you believe something is wrong, please talk to a senior crew member in RED (a Pit Boss).

Talks queueing:

We will call you in by package type. We will do our best to call packages in groups of 50 as we do at ME events.

Then other ticket holders.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Horse trading successfully accomplished!

I have been allowed by my line manager to book time-off-in-lieu of a weekend duty that I will have done in July, before the con. The catch is, I'll have to work on Friday morning before I get the train to London and on Monday afternoon after I get back.

Still, all good things to (s)he who waits. I celebrated by booking a Platinum ticket!

(Seeing that I'd already hedged my bets by reserving a room at the IBIS Styles near Excel... hee, hee!)

Edited by maggiem

Hi

One thing I've noticed going back through this thread. Nobody said anything about validating the tickets when they booked them online.

Wasn't there something you had to click on the Eventbrite site during the purchase, or have they stopped this now? I didn't click on anything extra when I bought the ticket, and I just need to know if the ticket is okay "as is". Hope this makes sense!

I didn't need to do it this time Maggie. Already being registered it was basically, select the ticket you want, confirm card, done. Much easier and quicker.

If you are worried just check the tickets tab on your Eventbrite page as your tickets for upcoming events are stored there. As long as you have that and your email confirmation it's all good.

Hi

One thing I've noticed going back through this thread. Nobody said anything about validating the tickets when they booked them online.

Wasn't there something you had to click on the Eventbrite site during the purchase, or have they stopped this now? I didn't click on anything extra when I bought the ticket, and I just need to know if the ticket is okay "as is". Hope this makes sense!

They've gotten rid of the validation charge that you had to add yourself and replaced it with the £1 booking fee per ticket which is automatically added so you should be fine. Edited by Wrong Name

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

*blows dust off thread*

I've gone and done it, booked my and my friends gold tickets. :) We've gone for Group F with extra shoots with Rupert (Sun) and The Victorian Living Room (Fri) plus we already had the Redbeard shoot too.

Very excited now and fingers crossed if they announce any other lead guests we SHOULD get access to photo shoots before general sale as per the Gold Package details.

:clap::dance:

• Like 1

I can't even remember what I've booked. I know I've got Redbeard, pretty sure I've got Victorian Speedy's but don't remember Victorian 221B though i can't imagine I wouldn't have booked it. I'll have to have a look at my tickets.

Well done for booking though! All hail the power of Rupert!

Happy to confirm I do have all three booked, and hopefully there will be some shoots with guests added.

Anyone else here or is it just us chickens? Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :whistling::dance:

• Like 1

Quick question my gold group dosn't include a rupert photo which i really want but i don't want to buy one yet, as if any more guest i want to see are annonced i fully intend to upgade my ticket. Still i don't want them to sell out, what do you guys think is it okay to leave it or should i just book a photoshoot just to be sure? I'm trying to be carefull with my money.

The format has changed slightly this year with the packages, but I still feel confident in saying that you would be fine to buy the shoot ticket and then upgrade later if you wish, and they should refund you the cost of the photo shoot. If they use the same method that they used at LFCC you would purchase the upgraded package, then email the shop giving them the order numbers of your new package, the old package and any items that you have purchased that would be included in your new package and they should refund you the old items. They did it this way as tickets are non refundable, so by purchasing the upgraded package first, then getting the old items refunded you are proving that you aren't looking for a sneaky full refund. Unfortunately if they allowed a refund before an upgrade was purchased there's nothing to stop you not actually then buying it. It is expensive for the attendee, as you need to have the money for another package but otherwise people would be trying to rip them off.

Best thing to do is email the shop, check that is the method they will be using and if so you can buy your photo shoots knowing you are covered either way.

However, without the attendance of Ben or Martin I seriously doubt they are going to sell out, and IIRC the only activities that did sell out last year where the Ben photo shoots. I think you'd be fine to wait as I don't think Rupert will sell out on his shoots, but, and I stress this, you never know!

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1