Sherlocked UK 2016

Too Tall

I'm going to be super busy as as well as my 5 allocated gold shoots I've now got...

Benedict shoot (Sun)

Mark on 221b shoot (Sun)

Rupert shoot (Sun)

Amanda shoot (Sat)

Redbeard shoot (Sat)

and the living room shoot (Friday)

Plus I want Rupert's, Benedict's, Alistair's and Phil's auto extra as well. Damn :blush:

If it helps guys - the one thing I learnt from last year having a Platinum ticket and rushing around trying to get everything is, if you have a clash go to the thing that will be the least busy. The thought behind this was I could make better use of my time queuing and getting a photo with say, Clive Mantle (just an example), where there will be less of a queue, then go to the queue for Andrew Scott's photo session where as a Platinum ticket holder I got allowed to go to the front of the queue and then get that. So in the time it would have taken me to queue and get Andrew Scott's photo, I got 2x photos done, if that makes sense. Allow time for the things that will take time but don't be silly with it, I gave myself 15 minutes to get most photo's done and that was more than enough if you time it all well. Am happy to send anyone a copy of my plan from last year if they want some sort of idea.

I remember last year on the Saturday, as soon as we were let in everyone rushed to start queuing for Benedict's photo shoots, which made no sense to me. So I got Steven Moffat's, Una Stubbs' and Louise Brealey's autographs in about 20-30 minutes with a 5-10 minute chat with each cos everyone else was wasting their time elsewhere.

Really jealous of all you guys going this year with a Gold or Plat ticket. Last year was amazing and the best thing I did all year, and I managed to get everything done, photos, talks, and autographs. I can only go on Saturday this year due to money, having a son and family commitments but I guess going Saturday now, I'll miss the mass rush on Sunday to see Mr Cumberbatch. I hope you all have a great time and maybe see some of you on Saturday.

• Like 2

Those are good points Youell. There is no need to be first in the queue unless you have nothing else to do so I'm going to try and remember that this year. I'm going to try and get as many difficult to get auto's early to avoid the queues once all the attendees have settled.

• Like 1

I found with a couple of exceptions (Louise springing to mind) the auto's wen't neary as hard to get as I'd imagined ,I packed almost all in on the Sunday just whenever there a 5 mintue break. The talks I missed a lot of though, as there was always a photo shoot just before or right in the middle. I'm hopping to see more of the talks this year.

I found with a couple of exceptions (Louise springing to mind) the auto's wen't neary as hard to get as I'd imagined ,I packed almost all in on the Sunday just whenever there a 5 mintue break. The talks I missed a lot of though, as there was always a photo shoot just before or right in the middle. I'm hopping to see more of the talks this year.

I think there's going to be less chance to see the talks personally :smile:

Gee thanks for bursting my bubble there! :lol: Well last year I wan'ted eveyones photo there's a few I can live without this year plus hopefully as platium i'll get through the queues quicker. Besides a girl can only hope.

• Like 2

Gee thanks for bursting my bubble there! :lol: Well last year I wan'ted eveyones photo there's a few I can live without this year plus hopefully as platium i'll get through the queues quicker. Besides a girl can only hope.

Last year I managed to go to all the talks on the main stage bar one I think. And was maybe 5 minutes late for another. It can be done! Use the time you get during photo sessions - if the photo session runs 10 minutes after the talk has finished, get the photo then! That's what I did anyway. Plus, maybe, it might be a little less busy this year, especially on the Saturday. The sunday last year, the day Benedict wasn't there, had probably half the amount of people there.

I've got a memory of a really weird phase on the Saturday afternoon where it suddenly went very quiet in the signing area and I was able to whip round and get quite a few signatures, including the likes of Una, Rupert and Jonathan. I also got Sue and Steven early on Saturday. The ones I had to wait until late on Sunday for where Mark and Louse (I had a gold pass last time) Managed to get them all though but I think I only made it to one talk on the Saturday and about three on Sunday.

Okay, I need help please. I worked 11 hours today and now I'm searching for some kind of schedule without finding anything. Is anybody out there able to support?

P.S. @QS sending a hug and a smile

Hi Pia

The talks schedule is here:

http://www.sherlocked.com/index.php/features/36-exclusive-talks

And the photo shoots here:

http://www.sherlocked.com/index.php/features/34-photo-shoots

They haven't updated them to include Benedict's talk or shoots yet, but you should at least be able to work out your Saturday schedule from this. If you're a Platinum A then Raylenth has kindly put her draft schedule up on another thread here.

Edit: as ever, Raylenth got there first!

Edited by The Pink Lady
  • Like 2

Okay, I need help please. I worked 11 hours today and now I'm searching for some kind of schedule without finding anything. Is anybody out there able to support?

P.S. @QS sending a hug and a smile

Hi Pia

The talks schedule is here:

http://www.sherlocked.com/index.php/features/36-exclusive-talks

And the photo shoots here:

http://www.sherlocked.com/index.php/features/34-photo-shoots

They haven't updated them to include Benedict's talk or shoots yet, but you should at least be able to work out your Saturday schedule from this. If you're a Platinum A then Raylenth has kindly put her draft schedule up on another thread here.

Edit: as ever, Raylenth got there first!

Yours was slightly more helpful though with the direct links.

Well that's great. Photo sessions have been updated and they've even changed Saturday around! I now have clashes. I don't get why Saturday changed, the only alteration was Benedict and he should only affect Sunday?

A guest may have to leave at a certain time or an important press appointment could only be made at a certain time. Tons of reasons which never will be publically disclosed.

One quick, cautious question before I start my schedule. The Platinum A and B photo shoot days haven't been updated to include Benedict. Fair enough, we know it will be Sunday for both - but have any of the existing allocations been moved from Sunday to Saturday or vice versa to accommodate the revised schedule? Or do I just assume that the days for everyone else's shoots remain the same as previously announced?

I only ask because the Saturday photo shoots have been moved around since yesterday, and I want to be sure that I am scheduling myself for the right days for those guests who are there on both days.

One quick, cautious question before I start my schedule. The Platinum A and B photo shoot days haven't been updated to include Benedict. Fair enough, we know it will be Sunday for both - but have any of the existing allocations been moved from Sunday to Saturday or vice versa to accommodate the revised schedule? Or do I just assume that the days for everyone else's shoots remain the same as previously announced?

I only ask because the Saturday photo shoots have been moved around since yesterday, and I want to be sure that I am scheduling myself for the right days for those guests who are there on both days.

A is exactly the same, I don't have B's old allocation but I'd presume if A's is the same, theirs is as well.

Can you yell if you see any obvious problems?

• Like 1

Why for God's sake did they switched the talks on the main stage on Sunday? Prior to the change there was Mark after lunch now he is at the same time with Vanda/Timothy. It was better the way it was before. Yesterday I bought the talk with Mark because nothing was clashing with it. But now I only have 15 minutes before the talk with Vanda/Timothy starts. :thumbdown:

Unfortunately they do have to change things around if they add a guest, especially one like Ben to try and make it all work.

You know what, if Showmasters ever do an app can I make an early request and for weekends like this have an option to have an auto-timetable generator included, enter your package type it it creates a timetable automatically for you!

I've just done a rough photoshoot only one, might have to be a bit light on the loafers at points but as has been said today, the photoshoot queues do move quickly. The only thing I could have done without is Alistair Petrie at 17.20 on Saturday, I have a ticket for the theatre Saturday night so will have to be across London a bit sharpish. To be fair that's my issue though, don't expect the organisers to plan things round my evening arrangements!

• Like 1

Ok, I can't see this question asked anywhere so forgive me if it has been.

I have a Rupert Graves shoot on Sunday, batch 1. I've looked on the schedule and the only time for Rupert I can see is Rupert Graves 2 @ 15.10.

Is this supposed to just say Rupert Graves. ie, there is only one time slot and everyone goes during this 50 min slot?

Ok, I can't see this question asked anywhere so forgive me if it has been.

I have a Rupert Graves shoot on Sunday, batch 1. I've looked on the schedule and the only time for Rupert I can see is Rupert Graves 2 @ 15.10.

Is this supposed to just say Rupert Graves. ie, there is only one time slot and everyone goes during this 50 min slot?

Yeah, looks like everyone goes then. That's happened a few times I think that there's only 1 shoot so we will be lined up in ticket type/batch order.