Sherlocked UK 2016

Too Tall

Let's see if we hear anything else tomorrow. I suspect it's just to do with restricting the autos, not that he's not coming at all.

Yeah I'm not going to stay up stressing about it, we will find out soon I'm sure (well there's barely any later left so it has to be soon!). I've been watching The Office for the first time and have just got to the second Christmas special episode so am going to carry on with a bit of that. If I don't speak to you all later/tomorrow I hope to see you at 5.45 tomorrow or inside at some point!

Oh, that is one of my favourite ever bits of telly! Enjoy, relax, and see you tomorrow.

Completely off topic I know but just finished it and yay Tim and Dawn.

• Like 1

Let's see if we hear anything else tomorrow. I suspect it's just to do with restricting the autos, not that he's not coming at all.

Yeah I'm not going to stay up stressing about it, we will find out soon I'm sure (well there's barely any later left so it has to be soon!). I've been watching The Office for the first time and have just got to the second Christmas special episode so am going to carry on with a bit of that. If I don't speak to you all later/tomorrow I hope to see you at 5.45 tomorrow or inside at some point!

Oh, that is one of my favourite ever bits of telly! Enjoy, relax, and see you tomorrow.

Completely off topic I know but just finished it and yay Tim and Dawn.

Still makes me tear up, however many times I've seen it!

• Like 1

I always enjoyed Brent finally telling Finch to f*** off!

Feels like time to sign off ahead of the event now, got some music on shuffle and Oh What a Night by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons has just come on, all I need now is a long coat to put on so I can stride out like Sherlock leaving the Watson's wedding!

• Like 2

Posting here so it gets seen hopefully:

Gold Passes only get priority for the items they have in their package. If you have another photoshoot this goes by Batch number. If an autograph is not in your allocation you will require a VT.

My apologies for the earlier posting. I did not remember that this year Gold Passes do not have all photoshoots included like last time.

• Like 1

But Gold tickets get priority over VT numbers, correct?

I purchased my ticket because of this information that I was told...

Those with queuing priority in their packages (VIP, Platinum & Gold) will be called by ticket type and number, with all other attendees using the Virtual Queue system.

In regards to autographs of course...

Edited by RipleyRaptor

Gold Passes only get priority for the items they have in their package. If you have another photoshoot this goes by Batch number. If an autograph is not in your allocation you will require a VT.

My apologies for the earlier posting. I did not remember that this year Gold Passes do not have all photoshoots included like last time.

This is what we were saying the other night QS. It does say in the FAQ that Golds do get queuing priority as Ripley posted above and it doesn't specify it's only for their allocated auto's.. If the Golds do have to get VQ's I think there will be a lot of extraordinarily peed off people as I don't think any of them know that.

Edited by Raylenth

Unfortunately this is my exact point. The FAQ clearly says the above and that is the ONLY reason I spent £600 on 2 Gold Passes, which isn't pennies. To make it worse; I wasn't going for any photographs, just autographs from Benedict.

I do not think this change is acceptable.

This is what we were saying the other night QS. It does say in the FAQ that Golds do get queuing priority as Ripley posted above. If the Golds do have to get VQ's I think there will be a lot of extraordinarily peed off people as I don't think any of them know that. Whilst I have no legal knowledge at all it might also put Showmasters in an awkward position if they refuse the Golds priority queueing, particularly to Benedict, when it does say it on the FAQ. It might be considered a breach of contract.

This is what we were saying the other night QS. It does say in the FAQ that Golds do get queuing priority as Ripley posted above and it doesn't specify it's only for their allocated auto's.. If the Golds do have to get VQ's I think there will be a lot of extraordinarily peed off people as I don't think any of them know that.

I've pointed that out in the last message I sent to the venue last night. This "where applicable" is really phrased a little confusing, I absolutely see that too. Next time I will make sure to check on the FAQ earlier. I seriously did not spot that earlier.

I've finally got round to sorting all my autographs and photoshoots into a single place, reminded myself of the worst case of hover handing I reckon anyone has ever done on Amanda Abbington but for the most part it was a good reminder of a great weekend! Hopefully it won't be the last one on these shores!

I've finally got round to sorting all my autographs and photoshoots into a single place, reminded myself of the worst case of hover handing I reckon anyone has ever done on Amanda Abbington but for the most part it was a good reminder of a great weekend! Hopefully it won't be the last one on these shores!

Colour me purple but what is hover handling?

I wasn't in the last talk on Sunday but didn't Jason announce there would be another one? Also if t=you look at the brochure on the inside front page it says they will b announcing news in 2016 about the next one.

Is it that bad Count? I have to admit it's not something I usually think about. I suppose it's a bit easier for female attendees as there's less of an assumption/thought of possible 'inappropriateness' - I didn't even think anything of putting my arm around the guests backs in the photo's and even plucked up the courage to ask Rupert for a hug. Wish I had asked Andrew as well.

There's only been 2 people for whom I really was conscious of it - the first being Benedict simply because I am aware there has been inappropriate behaviour towards him in shoots before. I still put my arm around his back as he seemed fine with that (he was opening him arm to 'encourage' us in and wrapped his arm around us so it seemed a natural pose) but made sure to keep it high up and away from his waist.

The only other person I've ever really been conscious of it with is Louis. I'm not personally comfortable with interacting with children/teen guests at events so chose not to have my photo with him for that reason - I know they take appropriate measures with the younger guests and usually enforce a 'no touching' rule in the shoots but still I chose not to have it done. Maybe if he's there next time I'll reconsider it as he'll be a bit older. I did get auto's from him this year but didn't last year for the same reason.

On another note I have about 3.5 hours to waste tonight after work before I go to a show so I think I'll pop to John Lewis and see if I can find a nice frame for the Sherlock wallpaper sections I bought this year. :smile:

Colour me purple but what is hover handling?

I wasn't in the last talk on Sunday but didn't Jason announce there would be another one? Also if t=you look at the brochure on the inside front page it says they will b announcing news in 2016 about the next one.

He did, that was me just trying not to tempt fate!

• Like 1

Is it that bad Count? I have to admit it's not something I usually think about. I suppose it's a bit easier for female attendees as there's less of an assumption/thought of possible 'inappropriateness' - I didn't even think anything of putting my arm around the guests backs in the photo's and even plucked up the courage to ask Rupert for a hug. Wish I had asked Andrew as well.

There's only been 2 people for whom I really was consciousi of it - the first being Benedict simply because I am aware there has been inappropriate behaviour towards him in shoots before. I still put my arm around his back as he seemed fine with that (he was opening him arm to 'encourage' us in and wrapped his arm around us so it seemed a natural pose) but made sure to keep it high up and away from his waist.

The only other person I've ever really been conscious of it with is Louis. I'm not personally comfortable with interacting with children/teen guests at events so chose not to have my photo with him for that reason - I know they take appropriate measures with the younger guests and usually enforce a 'no touching' rule in the shoots but still I chose not to have it done. Maybe if he's there next time I'll reconsider it as he'll be a bit older. I did get auto's from him this year but didn't last year for the same reason.

On another note I have about 3.5 hours to waste tonight after work before I go to a show so I think I'll pop to John Lewis and see if I can find a nice frame for the Sherlock wallpaper sections I bought this year. :smile:

It's not that bad but it is a bit noticeable, it's exactly what you said though, she was the first guest I had my picture with over the weekend and I am often a bit more conscious with the female guests not to do anything they might not feel comfortable with. Probably unnecessary in her case as she seemed quite comfortable with an arm round the shoulder but you never know. Daft really because I usually lose my arm behind their back so it's not touch but you can't see it in the photo anyway. I did that with Yasmine and the photo came out fine, my only challenge there was keeping my eyes fixed ahead and not to get caught looking down!

• Like 1

Count, can we see your 'hover handing' with Amanda?

I always think, if I guest 'invites you in' by extending their arm when you walk up for your photo, then they're OK with you putting you arm around them and hand on their shoulder or waist. Looking back at my photos and the guests tend to put their hand on my shoulder to 'bring me in' and my hand is either on their back or round their waist. If someone has a no touching policy, then I'll angle myself so it doesn't look awkward.

99/100 that's exactly what I'd do, just had a funny five minutes with her! I don't generally post photos of myself on here, this section of the forum is fairly pleasant but I have come across some right weirdos on here down the years who I wouldn't fancy bumiping into in a quiet corner of Olympia!

Edited by Count Fooku
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...