Latest Guest Announcement - RON PERLMAN

one other thing this year we will have all the guests on one floor and most of the guest photo shoots also on that floor so it will help with your time to get around , we learnt a lot last year like we do every year and improve and develop so you will get to see what we have plan over the coming months , one thing i would like to say also is that we have so many very big offers out to AMAZING guests this year so BE WARNED this will be a sell out event and there will be many amazing guests and new things to do as well as having more space and rest areas so its more fun and easier to get around and get what you need , so i think you will all see that we have thought a lot about you and your day this year :-) , we are all looking forward to this event which is now the biggest event in Europe :-)

see you at the show :-)

jason

I hope with the bigger guests they will be affordable fingers crossed

• Moderators

New to this diamond pass stuff; is there just one release or do they have batches like with the photoshoots?

I ask as I'm thinking of getting one but might need to wait about 10 days as not paid from work until 25th of the month..

Last year the diamond passes did have batches yes, I think you'll be fine waiting until the 25th.

New to this diamond pass stuff; is there just one release or do they have batches like with the photoshoots?

I ask as I'm thinking of getting one but might need to wait about 10 days as not paid from work until 25th of the month..

Last year the diamond passes did have batches yes, I think you'll be fine waiting until the 25th.

Ooooooo you have said it now! :P haha

• Moderators

Ooooooo you have said it now! :P haha
I did think that as I posted lol, but on a serious note I have no doubt that these passes will be popular but I am confident that there will still be passes by the 25th of this month Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

Just one thing I don't know, so I do understand there is a precise time for photoshoots (a few of us that will meet many actors might have clashes, for my part it was handled very well with the help of the staff last year) . As for autographs, I bought the diamond ticket, can I go to the signing area whenever I want and get immediately in front of the queue, because while I'm up to get posters signed I would also like to get the pic from the photoshoot signed, so I would go to the photoshoot first and then go for the autographs.

Last year some Diamond guests were split with part of the numbers called one day and another part the second day for autographs. I am imagining something similar may be happen this year. But as with the normal VQ tickets you can go any time after your number has been called. So not an issue at all to get the photo done and then head to the autographs.

Well just hope to get everything done on the Saturday as I will attend Friday and Saturday , but be back in Belgium on Sunday, well if any trouble arise I shall take my grief with a staff member, they've always been very helpful to me

• Like 1

Want something Pacific Rim related signed but not sure what to get... Wanted the soundtrack as I love it and its a different item to what I currently have, but turns out it's not on Vinyl (from what I can see)

Anybody seen anything else cool they could recommend? :)

Just one thing I don't know, so I do understand there is a precise time for photoshoots (a few of us that will meet many actors might have clashes, for my part it was handled very well with the help of the staff last year) . As for autographs, I bought the diamond ticket, can I go to the signing area whenever I want and get immediately in front of the queue, because while I'm up to get posters signed I would also like to get the pic from the photoshoot signed, so I would go to the photoshoot first and then go for the autographs.

Last year some Diamond guests were split with part of the numbers called one day and another part the second day for autographs. I am imagining something similar may be happen this year. But as with the normal VQ tickets you can go any time after your number has been called. So not an issue at all to get the photo done and then head to the autographs.

Well just hope to get everything done on the Saturday as I will attend Friday and Saturday , but be back in Belgium on Sunday, well if any trouble arise I shall take my grief with a staff member, they've always been very helpful to me

As you seem to have bought fast after the tickets were on sale you should be in the first group IF a day split happens.

• Like 1

I have something I'd like to query as it happened to me last year with my Bill Paxton pass.

What should happen if you arrive at your diamond pass guest's signing table after the diamond pass holders have been called and the queue has been opened up to virtual ticket holders?

My expectation was that as the autograph was described as guaranteed that I would have been slipped in towards the front of the queue but was asked to join the back of a long queue where it felt like getting the autograph could have been down to chance.

As it happened the queue disappeared as Bill was going to be away for some time with lunch and photoshoots so I just waited near the front for some time and got the autograph.

Just something that happened to me on a very busy Saturday where because of everything else I had payed for meant I didn't get there earlier.

Edited by Hoff85

Diamond Pass holders get priority during the set times. If you miss that time slot it's the same as for Gold Pass holders: you join the back of the existing line.

Sorry you felt antsy, but I've never actually experienced an attendee being allowed in line and not getting an autograph. The crew is good at cutting the line off when they have to.

• Like 1

Thanks Q, seems like there are so many ins, outs & things being said it's good to be kept right and can incorporate that into future plans if needed. Which sound possible with what Jason has said which is brilliant.

As you seem to have bought fast after the tickets were on sale you should be in the first group IF a day split happens.

Yep, might just be in the top 10 here :coolthumb:

• Like 1

Awesome!

Only issue is I don't actually want a diamond pass. But I don't want to end up with another Christopher Lloyd situation where I miss out. Argh, don't know what to do.

Most of the other guests (like Bill Paxton and Michael Gambon) turned out to be really doable without a diamond pass as well. It'll depend on how many photoshoots Showmasters will organise for Ron Perlman.

We managed to get Christopher Lloyd without a diamond pass. Just takes a bit of strategy and persistence! (In this case queuing for 2+ hours). And there have been numerous examples of people with a pass missing out anyway so it's no guarantee.

Would be amazing if the could get Doug Jones too! But he is a busy guy.

EXCELLENT Alien Resurrection guest!

Sadly I was not doing these cons when he last attended. So glad Showmasters have got him again.

I do think the Diamond Pass could be a bit cheaper though. Happy to pay the £35 for his autos/photos etc. but the pass is more expensive than the contents. Coincidentally, I wanted 2x autos anyway (£70) + 1x photo (£35), and if I were to go for his talk + £20 = £125. But Ron's Diamond Pass is £145.

In comparison, Sigourney Weaver's Diamond Pass was £395 last year but the only reason I went for it was the fact that, besides being guaranteed to meet her, the package (£395) worked out better value than buying all the different items separately (£420 if I recall correctly).

I don't see any point buying Diamond Passes if I can get the same contents for less money. I'd rather just plan my day better and pay less.

Edited by Dent_1

Is it necessary for the same person to use all parts of the diamond pass ? For example can I have the photo shoot and talk, and my sister gets the autos ?

Only one person can use a pass. Same as for tickets. Not transferable, no parts of it either.

Sadly I was not doing these cons when he last attended. So glad Showmasters have got him again.

I do think the Diamond Pass could be a bit cheaper though. Happy to pay the £35 for his autos/photos etc. but the pass is more expensive than the contents. Coincidentally, I wanted 2x autos anyway (£70) + 1x photo (£35), and if I were to go for his talk + £20 = £125. But Ron's Diamond Pass is £145.

In comparison, Sigourney Weaver's Diamond Pass was £395 last year but the only reason I went for it was the fact that, besides being guaranteed to meet her, the package (£395) worked out better value than buying all the different items separately (£420 if I recall correctly).

I don't see any point buying Diamond Passes if I can get the same contents for less money. I'd rather just plan my day better and pay less.

The package doesn't always work out cheaper. They're always priced individually. A Diamond Pass is not a "buy everything, get a discount" package.

And remember: The Diamond Pass is the only way a Diamond Guest's autograph is guaranteed. A guaranteed item sometimes costs extra. Plus you get priority at photoshoots also and better talk seating. I know that would be worth extra to me.

• Like 1

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the Jack Gleeson diamond pass. I was considering it to guarantee an autograph, and that it also incudes a ticket to the GoT talk, but looking at the break down:

Diamond Pass: £125

Minus putograph: £35 = £95

Minus photo: £35 = £65

Minus talk ticket: £25 = £35

The print then basically works out at £30, so not exactly value for money, even if it does guarantee you a photo and an autograph.

At least Ron's pass gives you 2 autographs.....