Event Prep

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has done a Spring con before? I was at LFCC last Summer and opted to do this 'Star Wars' special.

I'm thinking the Gold Ticket isn't needed for me this time, with what looks like less bigger guests to jump queues for and it not being as packed.

Does anyone know if entry would be decent enough as standard? I know nobody can be certain, but I'm trying to suss the pros and cons this time around as it feels this Con won't be as "big" as Summer, with no Diamond Gusts for photos or anything.

Just after any other views on this and if anyone has experience of doing a similar thing over a year and what could be the big differences.

Thanks!

:)

The spring one is the first one of its kind. So unfortunately no one will be able to give you previous experiences.

I certainly would not expect it to be as big as the summer show as well. But for the rest... unfortunately we're back to the good old "how long is a piece of string?" question.

• Like 1

There hasn't been a Spring con before (that I know of, I may be wrong) and Diamond passes were only introduced for the first time last summer so it is a bit hard to say.

I believe though that it will be more along the lines of the Winter con (again, I could very well be wrong), which would mean it is "smaller" than the Summer one. By which I mean, I doubt there will be any Diamond guests. Although, as you say, it's hard to know.

I have bought a Gold pass for Summer events but haven't for Winter ones and I've generally gotten everything done that I needed. However it will depend on how much you want to do and who you want to meet and how much time you have. I found that the Winter cons seemed to empty out later in the day and it was easier to meet the guests, but that doesn't mean it will happen this time. Really you need to make a judgement on this yourself I'm afraid.

Sorry I can't be much help

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

You've both been great help - thank you very much indeed, and that makes sense. I forgot about the Winter one!

So far I'm eyeing Billy Dee Williams and Denis Lawson for photoshoots - autographs I find easier to acquire with re-visiting if busy, so standard sounds fine for now.

Thanks both again...can't wait for this! :)