Star Wars: The Force awakens Discussion - WARNING: SPOILERS!

Queen_Sindel

Does anyone else on here like Revenge of the Sith? I agree that the first two episodes (or prequels ) were not very good but the third I thought was great! Loved how it all tied in together with Anakin becoming Darth Vader, Luke and Leia being born etc.

I loved the non prequel Episodes 1 to 3 :clap:

When tickets went on sale back in October I snapped up three, all for opening day. 12:01am, 12:30pm. 15:40pm. Then I just HAD to see it again on Saturday.

I'm not gonna be talking about spoilers publicly so I won;'t say anything even in here out of principle, but four times just isn't enough, I plan to see it at least twice more before the year is out and early next year will be definitely imaxing it.

I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to thank JJ a few hours before I saw it because he has TOTALLY nailed it. #FACT

My fav eps would be IV and VII yes, A New Hope and The Force Awakens are there then Empire, and Jedi.

Will be putting money on both JJ, John Williams and TFA itself to get both Oscar noms and MAJOR wins.

JJ won't get an Oscar nod simply because it is sci-fi. The film will probably get SFX and costume nods, and the soundtrack.

The awards will come outside the Oscars

There weren't even any of those funky scene transitions and wipes from Lucas's films

The most annoying thing about the story though is that it relies WAY too much on the subsequent sequels to fill in the blanks.

Yeah, I might have got that wrong about the scene transitions. I know someone esle pointed that out to me too and I just didnt notice it.

Yeah, I know its likely all explained in the other sequels. I'm sure it will make better watching once they're all out. I've been reading up on all the fan theories and there was a good artice on The Guardian actually with input for Abrams and Kasdan:

Abrams and Kasdan on plot holes:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/21/jj-abrams-reveals-ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-kenobi-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens

Top 5 fan theories:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2015/dec/19/star-wars-the-force-awakens-the-five-finest-fan-theories

Edited by nicky

When tickets went on sale back in October I snapped up three, all for opening day. 12:01am, 12:30pm. 15:40pm. Then I just HAD to see it again on Saturday.

I'm not gonna be talking about spoilers publicly so I won;'t say anything even in here out of principle, but four times just isn't enough, I plan to see it at least twice more before the year is out and early next year will be definitely imaxing it.

I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to thank JJ a few hours before I saw it because he has TOTALLY nailed it. #FACT

My fav eps would be IV and VII yes, A New Hope and The Force Awakens are there then Empire, and Jedi.

Will be putting money on both JJ, John Williams and TFA itself to get both Oscar noms and MAJOR wins.

JJ won't get an Oscar nod simply because it is sci-fi. The film will probably get SFX and costume nods, and the soundtrack.

The awards will come outside the Oscars

It won't win an Oscar for Director or best film because there have been better films this year than The Force Awakens.

I disagree with both of you but i'm not gonna get into an argument over this. This is definitely Oscar worthy and I would put money on this :)

Edited by KingRichard76

I disagree with both of you but i'm not gonna get into an argument over this. This is definitely Oscar worthy and I would put money on this :)

Where I would love Star Wars The Force Awakens to get the nods and an Oscar or two, think how the snobbery of Hollyweird treated the Lord of the Rings franchise?

I can see nods and awards in the non Oscar awards ceremonies, but unfortunately Oscar Hollyweird is a strange person and is rather political.

P.S. Rich, how are you by the way?

• Like 1

Where I would love Star Wars The Force Awakens to get the nods and an Oscar or two, think how the snobbery of Hollyweird treated the Lord of the Rings franchise?

I can see nods and awards in the non Oscar awards ceremonies, but unfortunately Oscar Hollyweird is a strange person and is rather political.

I see where you're coming from on this.

P.S. Am really good, kinda still buzzing from having done the prem on Wednesday and then a few hours later seeing it for the first time. How be you? :)

• Like 1

P.S. Am really good, kinda still buzzing from having done the prem on Wednesday and then a few hours later seeing it for the first time. How be you? :)

I have been better. Just lost my job, so kind of sucks a bit.

But, as regards you, I was more referencing your recent family loss.

I have been better. Just lost my job, so kind of sucks a bit.

But, as regards you, I was more referencing your recent family loss.

Am real sorry to hear this :( I hope good fortune comes your way soon, I really hope for this for you.

He's in a better place now, I was proud that I was related to him, made my tributes both on here and elsewhere. So yep, many thanks for your asking it means a lot.

ANH was Oscar nominated and so too was Lucas AFAIK...but that was 1978 when Star Wars was still fresh and original. TFA is none of those things. Saying TFA will win big at Oscars is like Vin Diesel famously claiming F&F7 will win Best Picture. Its not because TFA is science-fiction as someone else here put it but more so because its a "popcorn" film and not a "people film" as the bigwigs like to put it.

Edited by nicky

Rumour has it that Harrison Ford will be back as Han Solo in the next chapter possibly in flashbacks

Maybe he faked his death and it'll turn out to be a ruse to get snoake? Or is that a little too "soap opera-ish"?

Frantic-HarrisonFord.png

So, Han Solo will do a Bobby Ewing from Dallas and come out of the shower to find Kylo Ren does not exist?

I loved this movie, as good as the originals! worthy successor for sure. not sure i can say better than empire though, its hard to rank it, but i loved TFA so much, seen it 4 times and have at least 2 more planned. think thats the most ive watched a film in the cinema.

i dont think williams score is oscar worthy though, this time, yes reys theme is nice and the classic theme reprieves are excellent and got me very emotional but outside of that nothing sticks with you, its not a bad score, its good (and you hear more with each viewing i might add that improves) but its not oscar worthy imo. then again who knows who it will be up against.