brighton feedback

me and my boyfriend had a wonderful time at brighton comic con ,

but here is a few bits of feedback ..

signage : there was no signs to show where the comic con was , the hotel was stopping people going in the hotel and their little sign was really wrong . i know a bin man sat on the other side of the road found it funny with people going to all the wrong doors. also some of the signs within the comic con could have been clearer.

water : i don't know if it was the hotel or showmasters but there was very few refreshment stalls on the levels , i even spoke to someone to say this . most of us cosplayers were getting very hot ( as it turned out the hotel put the heating on for a bit )

food : again don't know if this was the hotel or showmasters .. but the food prices were a joke .. £6 for a burger £2 for a bottle of water .. we decided to go along the seafront to get something , freshly cooked and cheaper ..

chairs: all i will say is thank god for the cosplay zone ..

cloakroom : unless there was a special rate for cosplayers £2 an item seems a bit unfair.

on the positive

nicely laid out

not too cramped , the dealer stalls had lots of room as to not cause a blockage.

cosplay zone was very helpful is storing the life size K.9 that we had brought along , ensuring he stayed safe , freeing us up to walk round .

keep up the good work , look forward to the next one .

Edited by egyptianblue

Had an awesome time glad we decided to go. Unfortunately we decided to try and get most of of the hotel we booked in London as it was non refundable from when the venue moved to Brighton so we went to London on the Friday stopped over in Brighton on Saturday and went back to London on Sunday and then home on Monday. I think in hindsight we should have wrote London off would have been a lot less hassle. But like i said we had an awesome time venue was great everyone was really nice and everyone had a good time I'm not sure if i would travel that far again for a convention again unless it had some massive A-listers to be honest. Thats not to knock the convention just like i said travel was a nightmare. But thanks again Showmasters for an awesome time

I can say that there was really cold! Some areas, especially the photoshoot area, were really cold!

I agree with the signs. I had an early entry ticket and when I arrived there was nobody outside and I had no idea where to go. Same was inside with the little floor plans. Not clear enough.

Other than that it was really nice, friendly and helpful staff (thanks for getting me in front of the queue for Tom Wlaschiha photoshoot so I was able to get ti James Marster's talk on time!), not too crowded and actually I really had fun.

I can say that there was really cold! Some areas, especially the photoshoot area, were really cold!

I agree with the signs. I had an early entry ticket and when I arrived there was nobody outside and I had no idea where to go. Same was inside with the little floor plans. Not clear enough.

Other than that it was really nice, friendly and helpful staff (thanks for getting me in front of the queue for Tom Wlaschiha photoshoot so I was able to get ti James Marster's talk on time!), not too crowded and actually I really had fun.

The heat/cold situation is a no win for anyone. I have been to events where I have been too hot and others too cold.

The medical condition I suffer from makes me more open to being effected to changing temperatures. I think the hotel staff would need to be on a permanent temperature control to even scrape the surface of keeping everyone warm/cool. No win situation.