How was today? Post your reviews!

Diabolik

Had a great day (well, few hours).

No queueing to get in around 1:15 and not too busy inside during the time I was there. Got my photoshoot with Carl Weathers (who seemed like such a cool guy!) with no hassle, then went and got a VQ ticket for him but wasn't waiting long. Despite what the sign said, he did personalise when he signed my photo (didn't even have to ask). Got my Game of Thrones poster signed by Dean-Charles Chapman, who was also cool (even when I went back an hour later when I realised I hadn't asked for his character name, which he was more than happy to add). Had a shop around, bought Game of Thrones Monopoly then left.

Only complaint I would have is that the guest list wasn't great - I was happy with who I met, but 2 doesn't seem all that when I have been to previous cons and met like 6-7. Still, worth it for Carl Weathers alone and the day itself went great!

• Like 1

Had a great day today. Although the morning seemed rather crowded and packed, it thinned out in the afternoon which was great.

I met Wendy Padbury who is one of the nicest people I have met- her talk was also brilliant. I also got an auto from Carl Weathers and, although the chat was only brief, was very nice too.

Overall the day was great and it ran very smoothly, only complaint is that security were a little shouty if you were accidentally in the wrong place.

I had a really good day I got an autograph from Carl Weathers, Mark Rolston and Margot Kidder who all were very friendly and they were playing with my 18 month son, had a photo with Carl Weathers and Mark Rolston were I held my son and they remembered him which is pretty cool considering there was a gap of like 4-5 hours between the autograph and photogrph

Yesterday was pretty good. I had 9 photoshoots and the good thing is that the photos are all in the same room on the second floor so no clashes.

The crew were brilliantand the guests even more so. I had a decent chat with Mark Rolston, Rene Auberjonois, Nana Visitor, Nicki Clyne, Steve Spiers and Dean Charles Chapman while getting their autos.

Definately would recommend anyone to get Dean Chapmans autograph at the next event he attends (this was his first) he's a nice guy.

It was a pleasure to walk around to be honest (relatively speaking of course.) I think this was the best comic con I've been to in regards to crowds. At any point in the day I was able to get to the stalls with ease and the autograph queues were short and fast. Showmasters staff were friendly and informative. Even the sausage and bacon bap was nice.

Edited by thebeardedtrio
  • Like 2

Went to Comic Con on Sunday 25th Oct with my wife. Got in about 9.40, met Rohan Gotobed and got his autograph, had a nice chat with him as queues were non-existant. Next we met Angela Bruce and i got her autograph and the wife had a signed photo, she was really fun to talk to. Saw a cute captain america minion. Some great costumes on show and the kitt car was awesome. Left about 11.30ish.

Went this morning to Cardiff. Arrived about 9.45 - walked straight in - there were two people on the steps in, both security. No queues, no-one queuing for the 11am entry, friendly, un-harrassed staff on the door (London it was not!!). Inside was spacious, near empty, loads of room, nice and cool, everything these events should be! I'll be the first to admit, I'm one of the people who have been mithering about lack of guests in Cardiff for some time, but I knew who I wanted autographs for and, having arrived at 9.45, I had them all by around 10.30!! Managed to fit in a talk and two photo-shoots too and was merrily heading out for lunch, pretty much done with all I needed by 12 noon.

I've only done 2 SM locations before, Cardiff and London, and the difference between the two is just crazy! Literally the only thing missing from Cardiff was the guests needed to replace the glut of drop-outs that happened in the last week, but other than that, I couldn't really fault it.