Guest Cancellation - CHARLOTTE HOPE

Was it a last minute change of schedule because Charlotte doesn't even seem to know when it was or if the event has even happened so she couldn't have called yesterday to cancel. Makes me think Showmasters knew about this a while before the announcement.

ZuifcVh.jpg

• Like 1

SM usually don't negotiate with the actors directly. If anyone "called yesterday" - not sure where you are taking this info from - it was likely her agent. Calling is unlikely anyway, as this is a contractual thing I would guess an e-mail arrived.

Anyway, unfortunately sometimes it takes a while for information to make it to the office. I stopped counting how many guests announced themselves on Twitter or cancelled on Facebook before the office actually had word from the agents or an official contract ages ago.

SM usually don't negotiate with the actors directly. If anyone "called yesterday" - not sure where you are taking this info from - it was likely her agent. Calling is unlikely anyway, as this is a contractual thing I would guess an e-mail arrived.

Anyway, unfortunately sometimes it takes a while for information to make it to the office. I stopped counting how many guests announced themselves on Twitter or cancelled on Facebook before the office actually had word from the agents or an official contract ages ago.

Ahh, the dreaded curse of social media strikes again. Things have changed over the years and everything is instant. That small window of working out that attending is not possible, to telling the agent, to the agent telling the event organiser is now often removed as people announce it on their social media accounts to say sorry to their fans. I do feel for event organisers as they often, yet unintentionally, are made out to look the proverbial bad guys/girls.

How times have changed since I went to my first event over 20 years ago in a small Bristol hotel and met Boba Fett.