Forum Meet Up - 30th July

PenThePirate

yes I'll be attending the meet up again this year- just got some days booked off work, hotel & train sorted.

so looking forward to seeing you guys again.

normally don't leave it this long to sort things out but its a crazy year for me at work and on the convention front(cause of star trek 50th), already done 3 cons this year and 3 more to come but i couldn't miss this one - "it's one of the biggest in the convention calendar"

so lets get those beers cold, food hot, conversation flowing and if there's a quiz lets hope we all do well

live long and prosper

Good to have you back :)

There is definitely a quiz. I will be feverishly working on the questions over the coming weeks :)

• Like 1

Question 1) Why is the rum gone?

Last year it was 'Why are the burgers gone?!'

I have pre-warned them about the burgers and have been reliably informed that they are getting more in this year :)

Elizabeth Swann burned it. Didn't believe that the sea-turtles would arrive to carry us back to Tortuga. Silly....

• Like 1

Last year it was 'Why are the burgers gone?!'

I have pre-warned them about the burgers and have been reliably informed that they are getting more in this year :)

Elizabeth Swann burned it. Didn't believe that the sea-turtles would arrive to carry us back to Tortuga. Silly....

Everyone have sausages instead, that'll show em! Rum flavoured sausages!

• Like 2

Is this open to anyone attending LFCC?

All are welcome!

Yes of course! Join the Facebook event if you can and add yourself to the attendance list on here :)

What is the event called on Facebook?

Question number two why does one not simply walk into Mordor?

Anyway my room is booked above the pub so i may attend after all

I heard a man was mugged of his ring there!

Got my hotel booked, not even 5 minutes away which means there is no chance of getting lost on the way back again!

I'm at home so a swift 1 1/2 hour journey for me!

Oh no! I stayed at my cousins' in Whitton for the past 2 cons, which meant 45'-1h to get there. I've booked a hotel at Earls' Court this year, see if it's less tiring getting to and from the con/pub.

I'm at home so a swift 1 1/2 hour journey for me!

Oh no! I stayed at my cousins' in Whitton for the past 2 cons, which meant 45'-1h to get there. I've booked a hotel at Earls' Court this year, see if it's less tiring getting to and from the con/pub.
I go for nights out in London quite a lot so it's fine really. I'm used to it!

PenThePirate and wrong name was nice meeting you today. Really want to come to your quiz but need to find out if I'm going solo or my friend is coming first. If she is then I doubt she will go out after con. When do you need to know by? Ps hope there is a wwe topic? ;)

• Like 2

PenThePirate and wrong name was nice meeting you today. Really want to come to your quiz but need to find out if I'm going solo or my friend is coming first. If she is then I doubt she will go out after con. When do you need to know by? Ps hope there is a wwe topic? ;)

Lovely to meet you too!

It shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll add you to the number I give to the venue as an indication then if you can't go it's not so much of a problem as trying to squeeze more in if there's a capacity issue.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing you there!

This would be cool, I'm not sure whether I'd be able to make it though - it depends on if my friend decides to come with me. Where is it, in relation to Olympia? I don't know London much - I usually just confine myself from going from station to event to hotel.

This would be cool, I'm not sure whether I'd be able to make it though - it depends on if my friend decides to come with me. Where is it, in relation to Olympia? I don't know London much - I usually just confine myself from going from station to event to hotel.

Just round the corner from Olympia, https://www.google.com/maps/place/Crown+%26+Sceptre/@51.4960724,-0.2099702,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48760febc7262d29:0x849201817e352188!8m2!3d51.4979084!4d-0.2074556?hl=en-US