Forum Meet Up - 30th July

PenThePirate

This sounds great! I will be attending LFCC with a group of Spanish friends. Some of them are a bit shy about socializing in English but I'll try to talk them into it, if that's OK :)

Tell them not to be afraid about socializing in english, I am also not english, with a few pints it will be easy for them, and even without the alcohol, so bring them along :) And I know there is already one spanish girl coming, so they have someone to chat spanish too, unfortunately my spanish is not that great :D

This sounds great! I will be attending LFCC with a group of Spanish friends. Some of them are a bit shy about socializing in English but I'll try to talk them into it, if that's OK :)

Tell them not to be afraid about socializing in english, I am also not english, with a few pints it will be easy for them, and even without the alcohol, so bring them along :) And I know there is already one spanish girl coming, so they have someone to chat spanish too, unfortunately my spanish is not that great :D

This sounds better and better :) I'll look you up on Facebook so you can add us to the event!

• 2 weeks later...

Now this has been bumped lets have a little look at the updated list from here...

PenThePirate +3

WaxworkScream

Timlux

Qualmpeddler

hunter13

Wrong Name

Chrisrus

Vicky

ladysnow

mshadow

Iceman71

Teskothemad + Mrs Teskothemad

RoryMcGarrett

Chazzley

RomeroSavini

Carcuss

DrBungle

Chanters4

Shoalyn Monk

MarioVI + Spanish Friends

Anyone else... get involved!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Couldn't Showmasters pinn this post so you guys wouldn't have to bump it up all the time?

That would be great however this event isn't arranged by SM so I don't think they would. Nice idea though

I asked the question last year and sadly as it is not an official part of the show we aren't allowed.

Couldn't Showmasters pinn this post so you guys wouldn't have to bump it up all the time?

That would be great however this event isn't arranged by SM so I don't think they would. Nice idea though

I asked the question last year and sadly as it is not an official part of the show we aren't allowed.

That's what I thought Stu, it's OK, we will keep an eye on it anyhow!

• Like 1

I'd be up for it; me and my friends went out into the city proper after the Spring LFCC which was fine for them as they were in pretty normal clothes as Dr Who but then there was me. I'll see who else I can rope in from the cosplay groups I'm part of and my friends that are going!

• Like 1

*UPDATE*

Ok, ladies and germs... bit of an update regarding the meet up...

I have spoken to the manager of the Crown and Sceptre about our plans for the evening. She is still very excited that we are planning to come back! We have the same area as before and she is making sure to order in extra burgers and Coke (as these were the things that ran out before).

Also I have been told that we will be given a 10% discount on all food over the course of the weekend, just make sure you have your entry ticket or wristband with you to get the deal!

I have been told I can use a mic and amp for the quiz as long as its not too loud, so that should save my voice and allow me to do the intros round that I had planned :dance:

So as is going well! There is a poll on the facebook event about the categories for the quiz which I will be closing soon so that I can start work on the questions. If you haven't joined the FB event, do so and make sure your vote counts. Search for Andrew Baker (my picture is me with R2) or for Tim Husting (timlux) and we can add/invite you.

Good work sir. I notice there is a lack of an option for a round on Ghostbusters in the quiz though!

Will it not let you include it?

Added :)

Shows my observation skills! I had not seen that option! Cheers for adding it anyway!
  • Like 1

I'm coming to the Con, so probably coming to the meet-up as well. Around what time is it going to be? Right after the con, an hour later?

Saying from 7 to allow people to go back to their hotels, change/shower etc then on til we get turfed out.

People have gotten there earlier and just waited around so I am sure were you to get there before 7, there will be people milling about too!

OK count me in!

PenThePirate +3

WaxworkScream

Timlux

Qualmpeddler

hunter13

Wrong Name

Chrisrus

Vicky

ladysnow

mshadow

Iceman71