London Film & Comic Con Date Announcement

showmasters

Well that takes care of those many many same date as SDCC posts... I'm happy about this wathever was said before I do think this means more possibilities as far as guests are concerned.

By the way Simon Pegg was a long time ago , before I started attending, he is an artist on top of my wish list. nowadays he would probably be considered as Diamond Guest.... Pleeeeeeaaaaassse bring him back, as stated LFCC is getting bigger and bigger, he HAS to be part of the 2016 guests lineup... Along with the Rock and Ron Perlman... They're definitely Diamond guests but realistic ones... Make it happen, you've got about 11 months to make this a reality SM...

I would love to meet Simon Pegg but sadly i think would be hard to get now i think maybe wrong tho as Simon doesnt like to charge for his autograph

I wouldn't mind having his auto for free.... And would be even more interested to have a pic. But as he already attended LFCC years ago, it safe to say that people had to pay for an auto back then...

Anyway I think that Simon Pegg if he wasn't a well known actor would be the kind of guy that would go and meet his fav' actor, he is a fan of many things just like us, so while he could not sign for free he could get us a low price on meeting him and that would be awesome... anyway I have faith that it could happen some day .... Praise him for not liking to charge for his auto but if the price is right I would be happy to pay for auto and pic....

I do agree with you tho i would love to meet him he is awesome and whatever he does :-)

• Like 1

Thanks alot showmasters, was really looking forward to next years lfcc but because you've changed the date, i now can't go as i've made other non changeable plans for that week now going on the dates you previously gave. Why announce a date if its not 100% sure??? This is normally the highlight of my year and was going to a buy gold pass this time too and now theres no chance of me going, absolutly gutted!!!

I think all the hotels around Olympia are onto a good thing with this latest date change, the Hilton was a good deal at £100 and top of my price range but now asking another £70 for the following week which not sure I am willing to pay for a day out. hmmm...

Edited by buffy2k

Thanks alot showmasters, was really looking forward to next years lfcc but because you've changed the date, i now can't go as i've made other non changeable plans for that week now going on the dates you previously gave. Why announce a date if its not 100% sure??? This is normally the highlight of my year and was going to a buy gold pass this time too and now theres no chance of me going, absolutly gutted!!!

With all due respect, most of us have been playing this game long enough to know changes like this happen. More and more frequently it seems. I treated this even more provisional than usual - since tickets aren't even on sale yet.

Are customers being messed around, does it come across unprofessional - sure. Unexpected - not really.

You could argue a provisional date is less use than no date at all.

As for hotel prices - well end of July takes you firmly into summer holidays.

I'd earmarked the original dates off work myself, they might now not be possible. But we'll see.

• Like 1

humm!! not a good date change for me. :no:

as me and a few trekkies will be flying down to las vegas on that sunday(had it planned for 2 years now), like to get in a few days of sight seeing, strippers and gambling before doing the big trek 50th that week in vegas.

if i go to lfcc 2016 now might have to be for a day or two now. pity i was going to do the 4 days (and had a budget of £2k) but at least this year i got to meet my number 1 meet - Sigourney Weaver.

ps i meet Simon Pegg a few times his talk shows are very funny! well worth listening too, but he signs his autographs at light speed faster than Shatner!!! last time i beleive i was charged $95 for his auto in the USA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whenever contracts are signed.

Sorry, but that's all info there will be. SM won't post "we just sent out 50 offer letters to GOT actors, 20 more to horror guests" etc.

I'm totally reading into that reply that there will be 50 Game of Thrones guests.

:D

Now I really can't wait! Any talks might be a bit chaotic but the autograph collection will take a huge boost! I'd better start saving....

Edited by tompain100

Whenever contracts are signed.

Sorry, but that's all info there will be. SM won't post "we just sent out 50 offer letters to GOT actors, 20 more to horror guests" etc.

oooohhhh 20 more to horror guests, now that is good news for me, i only really go to these just for horror guests. I hope to god Bruce Campbell is included within one of them letters lol ;)