Bournemouth Comic Con in comparison

Wall_E

Hey all. I don't want to make this into another thread showing disappointment to the Newcastle selection but I was looking over the other cons up and down the country and 1 that stood out as what looks like a great Lineup for a city I wouldn't have thought would have the type of pull they managed was Bournemouth. I dunno if any of you have seen theirs but head to http://www.bournemouthfilmandcomiccon.com/if you haven't.

They had a great selection of sports and comics, and actual headliners for the film and tv section. Now I know it's down to the guests themselves to if they come but maybe looking at that list can motivate into getting better, or just depress us more lol

• Like 1

I agree, it does seem that Newcastle has a lack of big names (not that there's anything wrong with the guests announced so far but I don't think any of them could be classed as big draws). I do hope that we get someone soon as I really want Newcastle to be as big as the others, excluding London obviously, we have a lot to offer and there's always a lot of interest so I don't understand why we don't get "A Listers".

On a side not Wall_E I am so jealous that you met Al Snow and Head!

• Like 1

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but there is no different answer to that.

Guests can be announced at any time.

Guest announcements all depend on availability and no show is ignored on purpose. No amount of "please get more guests" or "get different guests" will change that. SM are not waiting for the 100th person to ask and they'll announce Matt Smith then. ;)

A Listers all depend on your personal view - we had the very same kind of posts about Bournemouth as well.

• Like 2