Lack of guests so far

This coupled with the scraping of the early bird tickets is putting me off pulling the trigger.

Not really interested in modern beano artists or doctor who :grump:

Need some decent guests added asap imo

come on showmasters, get some stars announced! :whistling:

• Like 4

That's entirely down to personal preference - just because you aren't interested in the Beano or Doctor Who doesn't mean other people won't be.

Guests attending events is all down to work commitments and a variety of other factors, so it isn't entirely Showmasters' fault if no "decent guests" as you put it are announced.

Besides, you have three months to go until the event, so plenty more announcements will be made, I'm sure.

• Like 1

• Moderators

As said above, there's three months to go so plenty of time, plus again - all down to personal preference. They could announce 50 more guests and you might not want to meet any of them. Who knows :)

Ok ok, we love showmasters, I get that, but he is right 4 none comic guests, one which is Sunday only is a pretty poor show. And yes there is 3 months left, but that's what uncle pigg is saying, you've got 3 months to sort it, give us a push.

I agree that the lack of announcements so far is concerning, not to the point of putting me off going as the guests we have so far are good, but I did think we would have a few more by now. I think the problem could be the timing as most US shows are filming in November so even if an actor isn't in a show they could be called to be. At the moment I'm still optimistic that there'll be a rush of announcements soon that will knock our socks off!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's obviously a conspiracy.

Showmasters want this event to fail / Specifically targeted it to people who don't read the Beano, watch Dr Who or Star Wars.

After all, there's no other possible reason, right?

It's not as if there are any other shows in the run up to this that need organising...

• 1 month later...

Not to sound ungrateful but very little interest in this one and won't be buying a ticket yet.

This is from someone who as we speak is very happy on the train heading back up to the north east now from the Brighton event. Also went to the London event.

It should speak volumes really with the amount of money it costs to travel with trains and hotels event tickets etc I've got the chance to attend a local showmasters event right on my doorstep that would cost me next to nothing to attend and I'm turning the chance down.

Once again not trying to sound ungrateful just highlighting my interest level compared to other shows this year and it doesn't look like I'm by myself on this one.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K
  • Like 1

As this is now turning into another complaining topic I will close now.

I know I sound like a broken record: Guests can be announced at any time. No event is ignored on purpose. Sometimes guest negotiations just don't work out as originally intended. You know the drill. ;)