Time For A Change

I'm with William as I can see both sides.

We always get Early Bird tickets as parking is easy at that time; last 2 years we've just walked straight in but when we arrived at around 8.55 on Saturday there was a sizeable queue of fellow "Earlys" so we knew it was going to the busiest one yet!

My heart says stay at Braehead but my head says move to a bigger venue.

I've been to similar events at the SECC in the early 2000s and while they were big events it was so easy to get around.

Of course all reasonable adjustments should be made to allow disabled persons to enjoy the event.

Edited by Bumper8
  • Like 2

Just a quick question - could QS or David B possibly comment on the likelihood of a move from Braehead?

If it's just not happening I would appreciate it if we could know.

Sorry, I don't have the foggiest idea and David won't be able to give you an answer either. We're not involved in such decisions at all.

• Like 1

Just a quick question - could QS or David B possibly comment on the likelihood of a move from Braehead?

If it's just not happening I would appreciate it if we could know.

Sorry, I don't have the foggiest idea and David won't be able to give you an answer either. We're not involved in such decisions at all.

Ah ok, thanks for the response anyway.

The event has been going on for 8 or 9 years if i'm correct (this was the tenth event but they have done two events for one or two years)

So if we're going into double digits it's not like you are 'unsure' if Scotland hold's the right amount of intrest as you have been going on each year.

The event ever year is getting bigger and bigger, not just us the attendes, but stalls as well. Guests are getting bigger-ish(?) this year unfortunley didn't have as many as i would have hoped for, but with a change of venue you could have bigger people.

Scotland is a MASSIVE area and is known everywhere for it's strong culture. I don't understand how Bournemouth gets the big guests (when this is it's 2nd event) and the big venue when it's only had 1 event and has other events reachable distance unlike Scotland

(please don't consider ^ as hate to Bournemouth or the convention lol. I'm just saying that Bournemouth has only had 1 event and has got big guests such as Billie and for this event Matthew Lewis where's Glasgow has ran for 8/9 years and hasn't had the big venue nor guests and doesn't get any conventions up here :3

• Like 1

The event has been going on for 8 or 9 years if i'm correct (this was the tenth event but they have done two events for one or two years)

So if we're going into double digits it's not like you are 'unsure' if Scotland hold's the right amount of intrest as you have been going on each year.

The event ever year is getting bigger and bigger, not just us the attendes, but stalls as well. Guests are getting bigger-ish(?) this year unfortunley didn't have as many as i would have hoped for, but with a change of venue you could have bigger people.

Scotland is a MASSIVE area and is known everywhere for it's strong culture. I don't understand how Bournemouth gets the big guests (when this is it's 2nd event) and the big venue when it's only had 1 event and has other events reachable distance unlike Scotland

(please don't consider ^ as hate to Bournemouth or the convention lol. I'm just saying that Bournemouth has only had 1 event and has got big guests such as Billie and for this event Matthew Lewis where's Glasgow has ran for 8/9 years and hasn't had the big venue nor guests and doesn't get any conventions up here :3

It's a fair point.

I completely understand that Glasgow will likely never reach the dizzy heights of the guest lists London gets on an annual basis, but surely we should be on par with Bournemouth?

Especially if we've been running approximately ten times longer! I didn't actually realise Bournemouth was so new.

Please don't respond with the 'Bournemouth attracts a larger audience' argument, because we know the turnout for Glasgow is huge and would only grow if we were given a bigger arena.

I think we're entitled to as large a show as Bournemouth, it's only fair really.

Let's hope for a brilliant FCCG in 2016 - that's SM's chance to show Scotland some love and prove that they aren't just palming us off.

William, at least you are one of the ones to understand both points. I'm sure if and as David said its a huge if, they decide to move, I'll be able to work something out. I have googled but the place I saw and bookmarked is located in England? So if William would like to share the place he found, that would appreciated.

• Moderators

It's easy enough to say that it's fair that shows should be on the same level but do remember it's all down to who's available and when. So just because a few guests go to one show, it doesn't mean SM didn't try to get them for another show. I'd say it's near impossible to get a 'fair' spread across all the shows - plus that's all down to personal preference anyway.

• Like 1