Buzz Aldrin autograph fees

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Base price per autograph

(Includes personalization if requested: To XXX)

GBP £385

Large photos (Posters, Prints, 11x14 or larger) 3 Dimensional Items (Globes, models, etc...)

£450

Baseballs £960

Beta cloth items £480 (not flown)

Apollo 11 Completion

(w/Armstrong alone or with both Armstrong and Collins).

£960

Partial Apollo 11 Completion with Michael Collins £640

Books (not authored by Buzz Aldrin) £385

Books (authored by Buzz) £190

Personalizations Included

Date Inscription (July 20, 1969 or other date) £30

Mission Inscription (Apollo 11 and/or Gemini12) £30

Additional Inscription (Up to 10 words maximum) £15 per word

(Dr. Buzz Aldrin reserves the right to refuse to sign any items)

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, here's a question for Buzz fans - What's the deal with the baseball? Did he play?

It's novelty thing. They're a popular item to get signed over the US. Easy to display etc.

Thanks, I see. I thought it might have been something to do with the Houston Astros or something.

I think as well baseballs are seen as a classic American item so a lot of people collect autographs (not just from astronauts) on them based on that connection. I get the impression a lot of astronauts aren't that keen on signing them because to a lot of them the connection isn't that evident so they tend to charge much higher fees to sign them.

What about everybody else? Is there not a desk that sells autographs for all guests, plus the extra tickets bought on the day, and do they take credit card, or must you have cash to hand over whenever you queue for an autograph from any other guest. Sorry, never bought autographs at this event before, but I have prepaid for event lectures and photoshoots, and I don't want to go looking for an ATM just because I didn't bring enough cash (we still don't know what Ed Mitchell is asking for autographs).

You can buy vouchers from the sales desk with your credit card & use them for autographs. BUT I seem to remember last time with Buzz it was either cash or credit card, vouchers weren't being accepted. We could do with confirmation on this.

I also remember there being a problem with the credit card machine the first time he was here that caused a bit of a hold up.

Personally I'd use cash. I understand people don't like carrying large amounts around but for me it's the easier & quicker option.

• Showmasters Admin

Hello everyone

Buzz will have his own machine and staff. If you wish to pay via credit card you must pay using

His facility. All other guests you will be able to pay for at the front desk using your card. If we have any

Left you can pay for the Buzz photoshoot at the front desk.

Dave phillips

Thanks Dave. So if it has flown he won't sign it ? Moot point for me anyway, but nice to know what it means. Also, will the photoshoot have the usual Showmasters logo printed on it ? TBH it's a bit of a deal breaker on an £85 purchase.

Thanks Dave. So if it has flown he won't sign it ? Moot point for me anyway, but nice to know what it means. Also, will the photoshoot have the usual Showmasters logo printed on it ? TBH it's a bit of a deal breaker on an £85 purchase.

Granted I haven't been to Autographica for a while so maybe I missed something - but the regular prints you receive on the day don't have a logo usually unless it's a green screen photo.

I think the by logo you mean the SM 'watermark' on the digital photos available from the Photo Shoot Library http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/

On the day you get a print of your photo shoot and there will be no logo on it. If you want to digitally download the photo afterward you can order it from the library, for a small fee, once they are uploaded. When you download your photo there is no logo on it, the logo is on it in the store to stop people copying the image without paying for it.

Base price per autograph

(Includes personalization if requested: To XXX)

GBP £385

Large photos (Posters, Prints, 11x14 or larger) 3 Dimensional Items (Globes, models, etc...)

£450

Baseballs £960

Beta cloth items £480 (not flown)

Apollo 11 Completion

(w/Armstrong alone or with both Armstrong and Collins).

£960

Partial Apollo 11 Completion with Michael Collins £640

Books (not authored by Buzz Aldrin) £385

Books (authored by Buzz) £190

Personalizations Included

Date Inscription (July 20, 1969 or other date) £30

Mission Inscription (Apollo 11 and/or Gemini12) £30

Additional Inscription (Up to 10 words maximum) £15 per word

(Dr. Buzz Aldrin reserves the right to refuse to sign any items)

Just out of collectors' interest...if the base price is 385, and you take your own photo/baseball/... why exactly does the price go up? We're just wondering to the reasoning behind it, not a bash or anything but it seems rather strange to us... like, for instance: it says "large poster 450" - why would a large poster you bring yourself be more than a 8x10?

• Like 1