Hallowhedon 7 Cancellation

Massive Events

Considering this event has been moved to the 'Previous Events' section of the forum, I feel like everybody's rushing to sweep this under the rug and forget it was ever going to happen. I respect Yvie and the rest of the crew are busy with other things, but I think that's why this never got off the ground in the first place - there are too many SM events now being run and the crew are spread thinly as a result. I want to flood the e-mail address with messages to remind them we're still here waiting, but at the same time know the work Yvie et al are stressed doing in their day-to-day lives etc, so feel torn. I want to go to Film & Comic Con Brighton to make up for this let down, but can't afford to buy any tickets until I get this refund :( And what's the deal regarding the 'gift'?

• 2 weeks later...

Sending card details wouldn't have helped you anyway. I sent mine and have still received nothing. One of my friends actually got an email response and has been told the card machine is broken.

Hoping it gets sorted ASAP. In the process of moving house and the money would really come in handy!

Hi everyone.

So, I remembered the code within about half an hour but the relief was short-lived. The refund function on the card machine refused to work and we weren't able to push it though with the company who provide the card machines. I spent ages on the phone with them, but to no avail :(

Mark has now asked me to email everyone for bank transfer details or details for sending out a cheque, and you should've received that just a moment ago because I just clicked 'send.' I'm missing a couple of addresses, but I should have those tomorrow and I'll send the email to the rest of you asap.

Anyone who was helpful enough to send card details - please be assured that those emails will be deleted now that they're no longer required. I really appreciate that you tried to help us out on that one, and I'm sorry that we weren't able to run with Plan A.

Sorting out your refunds (and free gifts, we haven't forgotten!) is a priority, I'm sorry it looks like that hasn't been the case.

Asking for friends not on the forum: Her question --> Can anyone please get an official confirmation on these refunds? You haven't emailed the customers with any updates regarding the refunds, no one knows anything. Not everyone visits the forum or has a social media account. (no updates there either)

---

Literally no one we know has received their refund yet - with the original event actually approaching thisweekend (and 2 months after cancellation) people are getting a bit miffed; to say the least...

I don't know about e-mails, sorry. But I have posted an official update just in the post above yours.

I have not heard of any change: The refunds should start arriving by the end of the week - if your friend is in Belgium too it will probably be take a couple of extra days