London Film & Comic Con Winter - Announcement of venue change

Just wondering if this will affect the price of tickets? Not being funny, but I accept to pay a premium for events in London - for the reasons highlighted by this move - but now the event is in Brighton I would really expect the ticket prices to drop.

What a shame. It's basically about the same distance from me as Milton Keynes, so technically doable, but would require hotel costs that I don't pay for LFCCW (and my credit card will have taken a right battering shortly before as it is). So far there's only one guest I would like to see, so I'm going to wait a while.

London, Brighton and Manchester.

Can you get an answer on Spring please? As I said in my earlier post the initial post is confusing. Is the London Spring event now in Brighton (as originally planned???)

I am trying, but I have no idea when I will get a reply. Everyone is travelling either already in Glasgow or on the way there.

London, Brighton and Manchester.

Can you get an answer on Spring please? As I said in my earlier post the initial post is confusing. Is the London Spring event now in Brighton (as originally planned???)

I am trying, but I have no idea when I will get a reply. Everyone is travelling either already in Glasgow or on the way there.

The London Spring event has not been moved to Brighton, it stays at Olympia and is Star Wars centered. The Spring Brighton event is a different separate show. Not saying there won't be any Star Wars guests though. ;)

• Like 1

I bet all the people who'd booked their transport and hotels to London are *thrilled* with this short notice change of not just venue but entire city!

us also we book hotels for all the crew and guests and now we cannot use them ether , in life things happen all we can do is work with what we have , so bring this forward into this year is a fix as we have the guests coming in for this , anyway now we can ramp it up and use this space.

Wow - I don't want to be that guy but surely the response above -"in life things happen", which is generally a roundabout way of saying 'Well, we lost out too, the customers weren't the only ones so suck it up' was not the best option to respond to the original message?

I hope this won't be deleted as it's genuine feedback to a statement made on an open forum.

• Like 2

It's unfortunate that you've had that problem, but I'm unsure how Brighton seems in any way to be an appropriate choice. Unless you live in London or in the immediate south of it, Brighton is virtually inaccessible. You can't drive there from north of London because getting past London pretty much guarantees you'll still be in the car until mid afternoon on the M25, and if you try to get the train you've got to go into London first, transfer, queue, pay for another train and then get out of there.

The London Spring event has not been moved to Brighton, it stays at Olympia and is Star Wars centered. The Spring Brighton event is a different separate show. Not saying there won't be any Star Wars guests though. ;)

Thankyou.

Bit concerning such a drastic change!!! I am planning going to LFCC again in july next year as i did this year but worried as i live in scotland and flew down for weekend, hotel etc..... worried this could happen and i would lose a lot of money!!!

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that you've had that problem, but I'm unsure how Brighton seems in any way to be an appropriate choice. Unless you live in London or in the immediate south of it, Brighton is virtually inaccessible. You can't drive there from north of London because getting past London pretty much guarantees you'll still be in the car until mid afternoon on the M25, and if you try to get the train you've got to go into London first, transfer, queue, pay for another train and then get out of there.

That suggests that if you live in Brighton as I do, then everything north of London is also virtually inaccessible. I travel north of London fairly often and usually by public transport, whether it's to Birmingham to see family, or further north to go on holiday :-) it's not particularly great but it's far from impossible! And if the venue had been moved north then people this side of London would be the ones complaining. I suppose there are more people north of London than south of it lol, but they were going to get some backlash no matter where they moved it to as it would inevitably be moving closer to some people and further away from others. True, moving it to somewhere like Birmingham probably would have catered for more people being closer than father away, but I certainly would never call anything the other side of London, whatever side you live on be it north, east, south or west, 'virtually inaccessible' :-) you get into Euston and 4 stops on the tube with no changes and you can get to Victoria in 6 mins!

Edited by cdmartinus

So it looks like Keynes is no more. Though the way showmasters r going, they'll prolly announce it a few weeks before and only have a couple of decent guests. :-)

I'm personally really upset about this being moved to Brighton with very little notice. Showmasters need to clarify things to us a lot sooner though thanks for the mods for trying.

Will this have any decent guests worth travelling for? I don't mean this in a harsh way but it seems all these cons you have on all over the country, Glasgow, Cardiff, Newcastle, Sheffield etc just seem to be full of repeat guests and small fry. I've never looked at the line up of one of these cons and thought to myself "I need to travel to be at this to meet this guest" like I do when I look at a London or CMMK line up.

Will Brighton be it's own unique con? Or will it simply be another Glasgow, Cardiff, Newscastle or Sheffield i.e. just another con for the sake of it.

• Like 2

Will this have any decent guests worth travelling for? I don't mean this in a harsh way but it seems all these cons you have on all over the country, Glasgow, Cardiff, Newcastle, Sheffield etc just seem to be full of repeat guests and small fry. I've never looked at the line up of one of these cons and thought to myself "I need to travel to be at this to meet this guest" like I do when I look at a London or CMMK line up.

Will Brighton be it's own unique con? Or will it simply be another Glasgow, Cardiff, Newscastle or Sheffield i.e. just another con for the sake of it.

This one coming up in November looks like it's just LFCC Winter moved to a new location so if it usually has a good line up then that means this one should as well, but the suggestion is that next year the three 'Mega Cons' will be in Manchester, London & Brighton and will attract all the big name guests that people will generally travel for.

If you drive on the M25 at the right time it's not a nightmare, and the train is as little as a 55 minute trip. You could spend half that amount of time going from Victoria to Olympia on the tube. So it's not really a major headache getting to Brighton.