London Film & Comic Con Winter - Announcement of venue change

I have the sad announcement to make that the forth coming event, where Showmasters organizes a drinking session in a London brewery, has been cancelled.

It will now be held on the planet Mars and its your own fault if you don't have a spaceship.

Edited by McLoud
  • Like 3

11866355_10152981066885919_2128460501689

I've met Doris before and would recommend everyone else doing so! Glad she'll be there as I have a few more spoons from the Merlin canteen that I need her to sign!

P.S. Didn't you say there were going to be Blackjack and Hookers (I assume the rugby kind?) as well?!

Guest suggestions: Do you think Barrack Obama and the Queen will come?

I've met Doris before and would recommend everyone else doing so! Glad she'll be there as I have a few more spoons from the Merlin canteen that I need her to sign!

P.S. Didn't you say there were going to be Blackjack and Hookers (I assume the rugby kind?) as well?!

i cant comment on any guests who we may or may not be in contact with regards to guests appearing

• Like 1

i cant comment on any guests who we may or may not be in contact with regards to guests appearing

lol 😂

lol

Would you like me as a Guest? I can put a wig on and you can say I am one of the Camels who starred in Lawrence of Arabia, I have a Showmasters guest Board and can post my photo on there... I will charge £10 for Autograph and Photoshoot... Or Green Screen shot of the customer on my back with a Desert back drop... for £30. :smile:

2zfri9i.jpg

Takes just over 3hrs on train from reading and costs at least £35 so definitely out for me :( Shame I wanted to do my zombie schoolgirl for George A Romero!

If you change at Gatwick it takes just over 2. That's the route I used to use for Reading festival. :-)

With respect, I checked all routes on the trainline site, even putting in via Gatwick and it's over 3hrs inc 3 changes, via North Camp & Reigate and costs more! I checked on thetrainline site and tried all kinds of routes. In fact afaik even driving would take about 2hrs. I can take the train to London for £17 return and get there in about 30mins. Ah well best book my tickets for Joshcon!

Was just trying to help people out so I checked the national rail app for the day of the con. The 6.34 am from Reading goes direct to Gatwick and gets in at 7.50 and then the 8.11 from Gatwick gets to Brighton at 8.45. 2 hours 11 minutes including changes. Hope this helps and you get to meet George. Edited by martinthewookie
  • Like 1

Would you like me as a Guest? I can put a wig on and you can say I am one of the Camels who starred in Lawrence of Arabia, I have a Showmasters guest Board and can post my photo on there... I will charge £10 for Autograph and Photoshoot... Or Green Screen shot of the customer on my back with a Desert back drop... for £30. :smile:

You mean £10 for a hoof mark surely?

what´s up,

i come from germany. it is to hard to fly, or drive to brighton. i think london, manchester and liverpool is o.k , but brighton is to far away, to expensive and to difficult to arrive from other countrys.

If you fly into Heathrow Airport, it takes about 20 mins to get the train to Paddington and then you have to get through the underground to your hotel.

If you fly into Gatwick Airport, it takes about 30 mins to get the train to Brighton and then hopefully short walk or bus ride to your hotel

The main issue is that Heathrow connects to more airports than Gatwick so it depends what city you're coming from! Gatwick doesn't really do any direct flights outside of Europe so the main issue is for anyone coming from somewhere like the US or another continent :P

Well, that's a drag. This winter was either gonna be LFCC or option w ... so I guess the latter wins.

I understand this isn't Showmasters fault, but it sounds like a BS excuse from the Olympia.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

what´s up,

i come from germany. it is to hard to fly, or drive to brighton. i think london, manchester and liverpool is o.k , but brighton is to far away, to expensive and to difficult to arrive from other countrys.

If you fly into Heathrow Airport, it takes about 20 mins to get the train to Paddington and then you have to get through the underground to your hotel.

If you fly into Gatwick Airport, it takes about 30 mins to get the train to Brighton and then hopefully short walk or bus ride to your hotel

The main issue is that Heathrow connects to more airports than Gatwick so it depends what city you're coming from! Gatwick doesn't really do any direct flights outside of Europe so the main issue is for anyone coming from somewhere like the US or another continent :P

and the train to brighton needs 2 hours and is very expensive. why is it impossible to start the convention in a hotel in london, or something else? it is central in england and europe and will be better than blackpool, bournemouth and brighton. i think all of your conventions must start in london, if you want to get visitors of other countries.

and the train from london to brighton needs 2 hours and is very expensive. why is it impossible to start the convention in a hotel in london, or something else? it is central in england and europe and will be better than blackpool, bournemouth and brighton. i think all of your conventions must start in london, if you want to get visitors of other countries.

what about the millennium dome//02 place?

It's booked that weekend and it's nowhere near big enough. The floor capacity is only a couple of thousand people, most of the capacity in there is in the banked seating.

Edited by mpharris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi can someone look into auto vouchers. I bought a load ready for the 2015 year and have one left which I was saving towards wlfcc. Will this still be ok for the 2016 events? I only ask as when sold it stated that they were only valid for the 2015 events?!!

If they wont be valid for the 2016 events is there any way I could send in my remaining voucher for credit against my LFCC 2016 ticket?