London Film & Comic Con Winter - Announcement of venue change

Its around 45 minuets to a hour from London to Briton.

lots of hotels and B&Bs to choose from.

and the sea :-)

That may be the case, but what about people who have already paid for hotels in London and booked transport?

It's also more expensive. Many bus and train companies will do special rates for travel to London but not other places - Just checked and a return to London for me that weekend is £25. Return to Brighton £40 .... that's a difference of the cost of an autograph and when you're on a limited budget those kind of things matter. But of course, you guys don't really seem interested in those of us that only go for the basic tickets these days. Those that can afford to pay for the big packages won't mind paying a little extra for travel I suppose.

• Like 2

• Showmasters Admin

Think im with a lot of the others on here, im out of pocket on the Train and the Hotel. I'd consider going to the Brighton one but i have concerns about spending more money and it being a smaller con like the Glasgow and Sheiffield ones. Not that theres anything wrong with those con's just not as many A-list guest

as to A list guest i think maybe everyone should hold off saying they are not going until we have more of the guests booked up we have been holding off till this matter is resolved so now it is we are going to close the guests we are in talks with so maybe what and see , as i have said we plan to make this sone of our flagship Mega film and Comic Cons

It may be 45 mins by train to Brighton, but when it takes me 4hrs to get to London and then connection times... It more like 5-6 hrs to get there..

If this is now to be a major show for SM.. It is not at all convenient for people not living in or close to London..

I wish the event every success and I'm sure it will do well.. shame it will lose a lot of its regular attendees..

• Like 1

11892252_10152979810720919_3373614673887

if you do i will come :-)

i thought you werent allowed to talk about non-showmasters events on here

as this one doesn't exist yet, I think you're ok. As soon as you start to advertise, then these comments will be removed! ;)

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 2

What. so do you think everyone who attends your shows are from London,and will these places accept my already booked hotel fee as payment. Get a grip Jason
  • Like 1

Think im with a lot of the others on here, im out of pocket on the Train and the Hotel. I'd consider going to the Brighton one but i have concerns about spending more money and it being a smaller con like the Glasgow and Sheiffield ones. Not that theres anything wrong with those con's just not as many A-list guest

as to A list guest i think maybe everyone should hold off saying they are not going until we have more of the guests booked up we have been holding off till this matter is resolved so now it is we are going to close the guests we are in talks with so maybe what and see , as i have said we plan to make this sone of our flagship Mega film and Comic Cons

Notice you mention A list guests but nothing about anyone out of pocket

on a serious note though. this really isnt cool from showmasters.

youve basically said that WLFCC is going to be the biggest event happening at the olympia on the weekend. could an arrangement not be made so that another, smaller event be rescheduled or whatever.

Im lucky enough that i havent booked tickets/trains/hotels etc etc but this is a massive blow for those who have done so. from your responses you dont seem that bothered that people who have been looking forward to YOUR event for a long time. I would have expected that as a company who only survive because of the people who attend your cons you would show a bit more care towards your customers. it all seems a bit "oh never mind".

its good the event wasnt cancelled outright, but its still going to be very difficult for a lot of people to attend, especially anyone who was only planning on going for one day.

• Like 3

Apologies if I sound harsh, but booking a non-refundable hotel and travel is anyone's choice, it's not SM's duty to do anything about it or feel bad, you chose to book something that is non-refundable. Concerts, for example, can be cancelled any time, and nobody gives a damn about people's other expenses they had to pay to go to the concert. This is the same case.

Edited by SammyRomie
  • Like 2

Why not cap the tickets you sell to an amount that the venue would be comfortable with?

There is a cap, that's not the problem. The venue is not happy with the amount of people going in at the same time, possibly making attendees of other events uncomfortable.

Edited by SammyRomie

What. so do you think everyone who attends your shows are from London,and will these places accept my already booked hotel fee as payment. Get a grip Jason

I believe this was intended for those who have none refundable hotels in London. They event can still be accessible

If your hotel was booked as non-refundable, it is always worth asking if you can move it to a hotel in the same chain closer to or in Brighton, if they have one. Can sometimes be done, for a smallish fee.

Can also be possible for train tickets to be moved.

• Like 1

ive got to ask....

you're saying that the olympia wont have enough room for the con, yet you think a hotel will?

are there many hotels with halls the size of the ones at olympia?

From what Jason has said, it's not just about the room. There are other events on at Olympia that weekend and the venue is concerned that these other events will be 'overwhelmed' by LFCCW. They have also said on Facebook that the Hotel can offer as much space as was planned for London.

ok, so ive got to ask... if there are other events the same weekend then why book that weekend in the first place :S

surely the people who run/own the olympia knew how big SM's cons are getting and that the event would need a lot of room.

i also dont understnad how another event will be "overwhelmed." If people are going for the con then surely thats what they'll be there for, not to have a nose through other events.

either way, im still out.

its to do with access , in the past we have used the venue and sometimes there has been other events in the same structure as its so large , after London summer we are gaining a lot of interest and now the venues thoughts are that we will need to use queue people around the building and other events are happing at the same time so this is not going to work for them and us at the same time , summer has shown we are getting much bigger and we need to take that into consideration more as we move on so i do understand there thought but it has given us a few headaches .

But last summer nevermind this one showed that you were getting too big for normal capacity when you had Stan Lee over. Such an eventuality should have been anticipated and prepared for long before now. The "X event has shown we are getting much bigger" excuse only works so many times so be careful you don't overdo it.