London Film & Comic Con Winter - Announcement of venue change

• Showmasters Admin
London Film & Comic Con Winter - Announcement of venue change

Due to the success and volume of our London Film & Comic Con this summer we are now having an issue that we did not expect or have experienced before. It became apparent to the venue and ourselves that due to the popularity of the summer LFCC the space that was scheduled to be used would not do the event justice and the decision was made to move the winter show.

We have both work hard to try to resolve the issue but we both feel it is best to not use the venue for this years winter LFCC , please know that these issues are specific to this year’s winter show only and do not affect any future events at this venue going forward.
So, to avoid postponing the event altogether we are going to bring forward a new venue and location that we had originally been planning to introduce to next year's line up of events, bringing it forward to cover our November date.
So this winters LFCC will now be relocated to Brighton and will be called 'Film & Comic Con Brighton'. This event will be held at The Hilton Brighton Metropole Hotel on 7th & 8th November 2015. It will have the same guests and activities as the London location but will now be held in Brighton.
For everyone who has purchased tickets for LFCC Winter, you will receive an automatic refund - All refunds will be initiated within 7 business days.
Film & Comic Con Brighton was going to launch in early 2016 but this works well for us as we can now get into this amazing venue and introduce a big new show making it ready for our exciting 2016 line up of events.
We are finding that we are outgrowing many of our large arena events we use around the UK , and as such we are looking to run around 3 Mega Film & Comic Cons in 3 different cities over the next year.
These events will be...
• Summer London Film & Comic Con
• Spring Brighton Film & Comic Con
• Summer Manchester Film & Comic Con
These three events will become our big flagship events going forward, with the big star guests you will expect to see at such events - so not just London.
We will also have many extra things going on with the feature zones such as cosplay, board gaming and computer gaming all getting bigger.
For this year's Film and Comic Con Brighton, we plan to run as we were intending for LFCC Winter, then ramp it up fully as its own mega event for spring 2016 as originally planned.
All the guests that have been announced for LFCC Winter will now be attending the Brighton event, and many more will be added in the next few days/weeks.
Tickets are on sale now and are available from the website - www.filmandcomicconbrighton.com
We are really very sorry for any inconvenience incurred with this move, but I hope you can see that it was unavoidable.

We are very much looking forward to seeing you all at our new show on the South Coast with Film & Comic Con Brighton this November.
  • Like 1

Well. I'm out. As it was london, easy to get too. Brighton. To far. Will now look at other events. Plus, now I'm thinking about summer. I have hotel booked. I'm gonna cancel that I think while I still can.

Winter one was going to be the first one to have my own stall at. For a venue to say that, sounds like rubbish. Cos of the volume of people. Summer was alright with other events going on.

• Like 2

So how long before these are the only events Showmasters run and they become so expensive most of the "ordinary" folk who can''t really afford it will be priced out of attending altogether (or end up paying just to walk round a giant toy store because you can only actually get to meet any of the guests if you're willing to splash out on the expensive packages)

• Like 3

Showmasters is getting more And more unreliable towards dates for most of their events. Twice now I have booked train tickets and hotels for the winter one,all booked in advance to save money,so far a total of £822 lost to date,as for Brighton no way I can afford it now,so Thanks Jason. I'm sure there are other people in the same boat.

A totally disgruntled Issac

• Like 5

Well. I'm out. As it was london, easy to get too. Brighton. To far. Will now look at other events. Plus, now I'm thinking about summer. I have hotel booked. I'm gonna cancel that I think while I still can.

Winter one was going to be the first one to have my own stall at. For a venue to say that, sounds like rubbish. Cos of the volume of people. Summer was alright with other events going on.

Why is it rubbish? Sometimes you can only see how things work and affect everything else by putting it on. Maybe Olympia realised just how manic these events really are as a result of Summer LFCC and decided it won't work with the other guests they have booked.

ive got to ask....

you're saying that the olympia wont have enough room for the con, yet you think a hotel will?

are there many hotels with halls the size of the ones at olympia?

From what Jason has said, it's not just about the room. There are other events on at Olympia that weekend and the venue is concerned that these other events will be 'overwhelmed' by LFCCW. They have also said on Facebook that the Hotel can offer as much space as was planned for London.

• Like 1