A totally different experience

... to LFCC.

I have to say that my experience of LFCC was extremely stressful and did not go according to plan in the slightest. It was meant to be a one off - I don't attend conventions as a regular thing so I hadn't banked on booking a ticket for Sheffield. What drove me to do so was the fact that I could finally have my book signed by Robert Englund, having missed out on this due to Diamond pass issues at LFCC. And also Amanda Wyss was going so that was also a big plus for me.

I did worry beforehand, as London loomed in my mind, but this was totally needless I'm pleased to say.

Yesterday (Sun) really has changed my opinion and I think that it was a mistake to make LFCC my first. After my two hour journey I managed to arrive in time for my early bird opening and was able to scout some things out. I managed to queue and finally get my booked signed, which was amazing.

Obviously it was a heck of a lot smaller than London but it was enjoyable to walk round and view all the stalls and the organisation was amazing. Hats off to the staff. I didn't have a great opinion of SM after LFCC but I couldn't fault it on Sunday at Sheffield. Special mention to the usual guy at the Robert Englund photo shoot (can't remember his name - it was mentioned on the LFCC forum). He is brilliant.

Almost a near mix-up with my photo shoot with Amanda as this happened at virtually the same time as a Robert Englund one (didn't attend this) and I joined a queue for him when it was an open door for Amanda. This worked to my advantage however though as walking in for her shoot, there was no one else there and she was dancing around to some music, of which she grabbed me to dance and we had a little spontaneous boogie before our pic. She was so amazing and friendly that I immediately bought an autograph after this and went to chat to her. She is quite possibly one of the nicest people I've ever met. Such a delight to meet her.

On cloud nine, I virtually floated to my car to leave. The venue was fab, the ease of parking and queuing, absolutely great, the staff were well organised and all in all it was just an amazing day.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153022440937314&set=a.10152073255897314.1073741828.595112313&type=3&theater

• Like 2