Latest Guest Announcement - GERALD HOME

Greetings from Mon Calamari!

Gerald Home here, writing to tell you how pleased and excited I am to be signing in Glasgow on the 22nd. Scotland is the only part of the UK I haven't signed in yet. I've been there many times, for work and for pleasure, but this will be the first time meeting Scots in your own country.

Before then, I want to make sure you know about me and the work I do with Star Wars fans all around the world...

First of all, my website, which has lots of info and 2 galleries of photos, showing my career and my travels in Fanland. Click onto the thumbnails in both galleries to see captions and groups of photos:

http://www.GeraldHome.com/

I'd also like you to see the thread I have on Rebelscum, called ROTJ History - Gerald Home's Creature Info. I guarantee you'll find information and see photos there which you won't see anywhere else! Here's the link to it:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069050/

And I'd love it if Scotland would join SWORA - the Star Wars Outer Rim Alliance - an international alliance of fan groups which I helped set up, with the support of Lucasfilm. I'm SWORA's ambassador and am keen to get you guys on the SWORA map! If you look at the map, you'll see that a lot of the world is already in SWORA.

The SWORA website:

http://swora.info/

And the SWORA Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/the.swora

And finally, if you don't know already, the face inside the Tessek-Squid Head and Mon Calamari Officer masks (ie my face) was also the face of the original Mr. Muscle in the old TV ads. You can refresh your memories by having a look (and a laugh at my expense) at the ads on YouTube.

All the best - and looking forward to seeing you on the 22nd!

Gerald

• Like 8

Thanks for all the info Gerald will def look into the swora link! Will be great to meet you and add your signature to my star wars poster! Good to see you make the trip north for the event and I am sure you will have a great time! There's no fans like Scottish fans lol. Didn't realise you were Mr Muscle, do you really love the jobs we hate? Haha

• Like 2

dodef:

Very good! Yes, I still love the jobs you hate! (Well remembered.) I'm no longer a little squirt though!

The brilliant Bill Cable of Creature Cantina drew a wonderful Squid Head-merged-with-Mr.-Muscle cartoon for me, which you'll find on my website: click onto the 16th thumbnail in Gallery 2 to get the full pic. (I'd post it here if that was possible.)

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Rebelscum thread. It's very long now, but stick with it as there's lots of info and rare pics.

Love your avatar by the way!

darthelvis:

Unfortunately I won't be there on the Saturday night as I have to come back to London immediately after the show on Sat. Your group looks impressive though - very impressive!

By the way, are you in the 501st? If so, do tell me when we meet again. Same goes for any other members. (I'm an Honorary Member myself.)

Thanks for the replies.

Gerald

• Like 1

Nice to see a guest getting involved on the forums. look forward to meeting you Mr Home.

I agree it's great a guest getting involved on the forum,I'm only attending on the Sunday but hope to meet you at the Glasgow event sometime in the future :-)

........................the forumites (forumians? forumdonians?)

Forumaris? Or even better, Mon Forumaris? (Sorry JDPManjoume, corny, I know - just trying to think of an appropriate name!)

What lovely people you are, with your nice comments. Too polite though: "Mr. Home" was my father! I'm "Gerald", ok?

And kirbinator, I look forward to being added to your "Star Wars Guests met" list! I feel left out not being there!

There are lots of other articles and interviews I could give you links to, but won't. Suffice to say that if you really want to read and know more, there are links to 3 excellent interviews at the bottom of my Wikipedia page, all full of different info and pix.

Here's a fun, short YouTube report about a Star Wars Insider interview I did a little while ago:

Over and out.

Gerald

• Like 3

Many thanks to all the lovely people who came to see me yesterday, including you Best Boy, and the clever, funny guys who went out and bought some Mr. Muscle cleaner for me to be photographed with! Great fun.

I had a ball in Glasgow, I really did, and hope to get back to Scotland in the not-too-distant future.

Gotta say it.........May the Force be with you all!

Gerald

• Like 3