Sherlocked 2 and US event?

Slightly nervous that the prices reflect certain people aren't coming but only time will tell.

Scratch that. Same price as last years so here's hoping!

It is but I think I'll wait for a 'lead guest' before purchasing a Platinum pass.

I know it's not what you mean but Mark is a Lead guest.

Slightly nervous that the prices reflect certain people aren't coming but only time will tell.

Scratch that. Same price as last years so here's hoping!

It is but I think I'll wait for a 'lead guest' before purchasing a Platinum pass.

I know it's not what you mean but Mark is a Lead guest.

No, he's not who I meant :) but the ticket pricing leads me to believe that there's no way, at that price for Platinum, that we're getting BC and MF. I am hoping for MF and AA as 'lead guests' since I did Platinum last year for BC. It's expensive to fly to London from the States...

They are indeed, like I posted above I thought they weren't but I've still got last years tickets in view in my Eventbrite account and the platinum price is the same this year as last year.

Unfortunately it's just a bit 'worrying' that neither has been announced as obviously they are the guests everyone wants and at £600 we would expect at least 1 at that price :whistling: Given that neither was announced I for one am a little worried but we can only wait and see. Quite a few people will hold off buying tickets I'd imagine until we know one way or another. Especially with the US one going ahead as well, a lot might hold off to see if they will attend that one.

I always ask my sister to help me and try at the same time as for the last few Ben related things I've wanted tickets for the website has crashed straight away and she has always managed to get through before I could, and sometimes I've not been able to get through until ages after her.

I had her on the phone at 12 and used the link from the email so got through immediately; I said basically said to her 'oh, thanks but you can go now!'

I think The Pink Lady hit the nail on the head when she said that people are holding out to see what happens which meant the system didn't get overloaded. A lot of attendees more than likely read the announced guests first before decided whether to buy or not and in the absence of Ben or Martin are waiting to see what will happen. I went and bought my ticket straight away too and was also pleasantly surprised at how easy it was, especially so because already being registered with Eventbrite I really didn't have to do anything, confirm my debit card, click on the acknowledgement and done!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Showmasters, you do realise that you're rapidly running out of January in which to announce US Sherlocked information don't you?

LOL They basically said on their Facebook post that the announcement will not come until February. I don't think anyone really thought we'd get it in January, and I am not holding my breath for early February either.

Hey Showmasters, you do realise that you're rapidly running out of January in which to announce US Sherlocked information don't you?

LOL They basically said on their Facebook post that the announcement will not come until February. I don't think anyone really thought we'd get it in January, and I am not holding my breath for early February either.

Did they happen to mention February of which year?

Yep. Time seems to run differently at Showmasters. Perhaps if they hadn't run such an epic last year I wouldn't be so keep to throw even more money at them for another couple.

Did they happen to mention February of which year?

Yep. Time seems to run differently at Showmasters. Perhaps if they hadn't run such an epic last year I wouldn't be so keep to throw even more money at them for another couple.

MF is filming starting Sept, and he's the only person I'd travel to London to see (even if MF was announced for London, I'd be worried he might cancel), so I'm counting on the US con being a date and location that I can attend. Now I'm really getting antsy for the promised info!

If he does do the US one and isn't at London I'll shell out for the send in service probably(if there is one). Not the same as getting to meet him but don't think I can justify going to the US one as well!

Edited by Raylenth

If he does do the US one and isn't at London I'll shell out for the send in service probably(if there is one). Not the same as getting to meet him but don't think I can justify going to the US one as well!

We're in the same boat, on opposite sides of the ocean :D

• Like 1

We're in the same boat, on opposite sides of the ocean :D

:smile: First world problems "You task me SM/ME, forcing me to choose which of the 2 Sherlocked conventions I shall spend lots of money on. Why do you make me choose, I hate my life!" :whistling:

• Like 1

I'm already travelling to London for the UK event, but going to the US event as well will depend on where it is (because a flight to New York isn't much cheaper for me than it is to London even though I fly past it on the way to London.)

But if Martin is announced, I'd probably book a flight to the moon to get to it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hey Showmasters, you do realise that you're rapidly running out of January February in which to announce US Sherlocked information don't you?

As nothing has been announced yet I would just assume that things are still being worked on, as soon as everything is finalised there will be an announcement

• 1 month later...

So, I just need to get out some frustration. The US Con info has not been updated for over 2 months. Questions and comments from US fans (admittedly, they are mostly negative comments) are being deleted from the Facebook page and not addressed otherwise.

I cannot justify the expense of attending the London event without Ben or Martin being there. Seeing as both of them are filming new projects starting in September, I cannot see how either of them will be at the London con.

Does anyone really believe, after what happened last year and what's happening now, that there really will be a US con, even if it's in early 2017?! I'm ready to give up and spend my money elsewhere. Anyone have encouragement to offer?

The last update is from February 25, which is six weeks and not "over two months".

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91298

Unfortunately sometimes venue negotiations take time, especially if very likely the schedules of two very busy actors have to be taken into consideration.

That was posted on Facebook on February 2nd. So, it is over 2 months.

I'm sorry, but just continually telling us 'it takes time' is not very reassuring.

This info went out by newsletter on February 25 again, so it is still the latest update from that date.

SM have clearly said they can't give more info at this point: "until things are signed, approved and the dates match we really can not reveal anything more at this point." So any update by SM would be the same I have posted anyway, negotiations are still ongoing and it takes more time than inititally expected.

I don't know what exactly you expect that is more reassuring, sorry. The event has not been abandoned, the office is still working on it. Is this the reassurance you are looking for?

This info went out by newsletter on February 25 again, so it is still the latest update from that date.

SM have clearly said they can't give more info at this point: "until things are signed, approved and the dates match we really can not reveal anything more at this point." So any update by SM would be the same I have posted anyway, negotiations are still ongoing and it takes more time than inititally expected.

I don't know what exactly you expect that is more reassuring, sorry. The event has not been abandoned, the office is still working on it. Is this the reassurance you are looking for?

Yes, an official statement that the event is still being worked on would be more reassuring, thank you. Just reiterating the same information again on 2/25 is not really an update, imo.

The fact that they are ignoring and/or deleting comments on FB is discouraging. The fact that they have given us no real updates for weeks is discouraging. Why is it that no one there seems to understand this?

I appreciate that you responded to my post, so thank you again.

In any case, I have decided not to chance London, and will spend my money on other US cons instead of waiting for a Sherlock con in the US. At least I was lucky enough to be in London last year for an unforgettable experience.