Hotels

Anyone that stayed at the hilton olympia hotel this year, can someone give me a rough idea how it costs for 4 nights ?

This year at the Hilton it cost me £180 per night (thats a double 'wheelchair accessible' room). No breakfast included.

Looking at next years rates for the Hilton, to book in advance its currently at £240 a night for the same room. So that's a hike of £60 a night, clear example of profiteering on the fact the LFCC is now more or less fixed at Olympia. Kind of annoying as the other 'accessible' hotels in the area are really too far away from Olympia for it to be comfortable trekking to an fro in a wheelchair for me.

I always book my hotels thru booking .com. I also only book rooms that can be cancelled without charge. Therefore if something cheaper/better comes up, I book again and cancel previous booking.

Also if dates are changed for any reason, I'm still not out of pocket.

Edited by Murph

Crikey! Them prices are insane.

I guess in a wheelchair you cannot go in some of the dumps I have stayed in for cheap. Never thought about that before, not very fair really. Most dont even have lifts, never mind able to get a wheelchair anywhere near the rooms.

Still them Hilton prices scare me!

Anyone that stayed at the hilton olympia hotel this year, can someone give me a rough idea how it costs for 4 nights ?

This year at the Hilton it cost me £180 per night (thats a double 'wheelchair accessible' room). No breakfast included.

Looking at next years rates for the Hilton, to book in advance its currently at £240 a night for the same room. So that's a hike of £60 a night, clear example of profiteering on the fact the LFCC is now more or less fixed at Olympia. Kind of annoying as the other 'accessible' hotels in the area are really too far away from Olympia for it to be comfortable trekking to an fro in a wheelchair for me.

Crikey! Them prices are insane.

I guess in a wheelchair you cannot go in some of the dumps I have stayed in for cheap. Never thought about that before, not very fair really. Most dont even have lifts, never mind able to get a wheelchair anywhere near the rooms.

Still them Hilton prices scare me!

True, sub £100 per night budget hotels are not going to work for me. The next nearest, less expensive but still accessible hotel compared to the Hilton seems to be the Novatel to the west, but thats getting on for a kilometer away. The only consolation is I don't do these conventions often, so the steep room costs gets spread out across the year. Still not pleasant though !

I stayed at the coronation hotel, near earls court. Was about 500 but i did check in wednesday and checked out monday so cost is decent. Rooms werent anything amazong but free wifi and working air con in every room was a good bonus!

About 15 minute walk from venue :)

Though am hoping to get somewhere a little closer next year... 15 minutes can seem like an hour after a full day at the con :P how close is the premier inn? Didnt spot it :)

• Like 1

I stayed at the coronation hotel, near earls court. Was about 500 but i did check in wednesday and checked out monday so cost is decent. Rooms werent anything amazong but free wifi and working air con in every room was a good bonus!

About 15 minute walk from venue :)

Though am hoping to get somewhere a little closer next year... 15 minutes can seem like an hour after a full day at the con :P how close is the premier inn? Didnt spot it :)

it's about 10 minutes walk from hotel to venue

Might be worth a look then. Dont want to be in earls court again because of that dreaded bike race that the dates clash with again next year!

there is 2 premier inn close to the venue, Earl's Court and Olympia. I stayed at olympia, it is pretty decent for the price

i usually go to the Premier, but due to last minute stuff this year i had to go to the Hotel Olympia. worst hotel ever, i'd rather doss in the event doorway next time!

What was wrong with hotel olympia?

Just having a quick look at it on Tripadviser: a lot.

Believe me some of the cheap hotels I have stayed in would blow your minds. Well staggeringly bad is the only way to describe them.

The hotel after my con this year, my room had no toilet in it.

So I went down the corridor to use the communal one.... they had no sink in there to wash your hands. Not soap even...

No wonder the rooms stank of pee and poo hahaha

Dear lord some places need shutting down. All I want is a clean room and bed to sleep :-D

If only I could pay out bigger bucks, I just cannot justify it haha

Believe me some of the cheap hotels I have stayed in would blow your minds. Well staggeringly bad is the only way to describe them.

The hotel after my con this year, my room had no toilet in it.

So I went down the corridor to use the communal one.... they had no sink in there to wash your hands. Not soap even...

No wonder the rooms stank of pee and poo hahaha

Dear lord some places need shutting down. All I want is a clean room and bed to sleep :-D

If only I could pay out bigger bucks, I just cannot justify it haha

... And whats the name of this hotel i should be avoiding? :P

i had something like that when i went to Download, the calendar-rate list for the place i stayed at was £50 every day until the fest weekend, then £100 for those 2 days. very annoying.

i usually go to the Premier, but due to last minute stuff this year i had to go to the Hotel Olympia. worst hotel ever, i'd rather doss in the event doorway next time!

What was wrong with hotel olympia?

Just having a quick look at it on Tripadviser: a lot.

no kidding! my room's furniture was shoddy, there was a LOT of black mould in the bathroom and the fixtures were broken. i got a room change but the other room wasn't much better - a lack of mould was about as good as it got. didn't even have a goddamn plug for the basin! it was very noisy with traffic too, but having been up through the night and wrecked with a lot of walking it didn't affect me too much [traffic is kinda white noise to me so i tune it out better than music or voices] but i can imagine it would really affect some people ~ with no aircon, you had little option to have the windows open.

If someone dont mind to drive with the Tube for 25min - I can recommend Motel1 Tower Hill. Its very close to the station Aldgate East (5min) and you go with the district line to West Kensington. After a 10min walk you be at Olympia (pass a nice supermarket for a cheap snack, too) I was in London for more than 20 times now, always in another hotel, because most of them are really disgusting or clairaudient, but Motel 1 is the first I will return.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the City Continental Kensington on the Saturday night. I paid £69 for a single room with continental breakfast and a 20-minute walk to the venue so I didn't have to worry about public transport on the Sunday morning. It was very clean with a modern bathroom but very small (as is the norm when booking a single room in London). Using comparison websites I usually find a decent room at an affordable rate. Would never stay in a dive just to save 10 or 20 quid.