Hotels

Thinking of staying at either the Kensington (Olympia) Premier Inn or The Kensington Studios anybody stayed at these?

Kensington premier inn I stayed at last time and staying there again next year. Had a great night sleep there. Quiet as well.

Good to hear. As were staying here next year too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Anyone whose stayed at premier Inn Kensington olympia tried the food? Is it any good? Also is breakfast a buffet you can keep going up to or a waiter service meal?

Thanks

I've had the food a couple of times and thought it was good and yes breakfast is buffet style

Anyone whose stayed at premier Inn Kensington olympia tried the food? Is it any good? Also is breakfast a buffet you can keep going up to or a waiter service meal?

Thanks

I've had the food a couple of times and thought it was good and yes breakfast is buffet style

Thats good to know Stuart thanks

• Like 1

Thanks

Thanks Stuart, Vicky is going to be my waitress and my plate piled high by the sounds of it :)

• Like 1

Thanks

Thanks Stuart, Vicky is going to be my waitress and my plate piled high by the sounds of it :)

Maybe if your good

• Like 1

Normally id stay in a travelodge but decided to miss Thursday and Friday as its just more money per day when i only end up seeing a couple of people and normally they are the bigger guests at the weekend so i have booked a bed at a hostel for £20 for the saturday night, with only a ten minute walk to Olympia!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could find an ok cheap place close to the venue! Sick of looking now haha Last few years I have paid as little as 25 quid, this year prices seem to be far far more than that.

On I keep on looking! The places I stayed in the past have went up in price vastly! Some as much as 5 times what I paid in the past, some strangeness going on in London hotels haha

Some as much as 5 times what I paid in the past, some strangeness going on in London hotels haha

Its further into the summer holidays than in past years. That will make a difference

The cheaper places I stay at went up for the Olympics (4 years ago already!) and never went down again

• Like 1

Ahhhhh nooooo! I never thought of the kids holidays reason. Now that makes sense, shameful beyond words, but does make sense.

I guess I will keep looking, but will not expect too much cheaper bargains. Less cash for the con then. Booooo!

Edited by RomeroSavini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just found the Olympia Hilton on Booking.com for £350 for 3 nights...i know everyone's probably already super-organised and booked up months ago,but just gonna leave this here in case it's of any use to anyone! :)

As someone who has booked the Olympia myself, we should all get together and have a rave on the Saturday night.

• Like 1

Yeah,there's cheaper places about for sure,depends how far you're willing to trek! Stayed at the Novotel West last year which was pretty close,but this year i've gone for the Hilton,for convenience and,well,general laziness :)

I've booked a room at the Premier Inn at Harrow for 4 nights from Thursday (heading back home Monday morning).

Chose this cos I can park my car there for free, it's a short walk to the Kenton Tube station which will take me 30-40 minutes to Olympia.

Anyone at the Novotel London West or any of the close by hotels, if you want to go for drinks or to grab a bite from thursday until the meeting on saturday after the con, I´d love to do someting with you guys, because I travel alone, and to sit alone in a restaurant meeeh XD

• Like 1

Anyone at the Novotel London West or any of the close by hotels, if you want to go for drinks or to grab a bite from thursday until the meeting on saturday after the con, I´d love to do someting with you guys, because I travel alone, and to sit alone in a restaurant meeeh XD

is the hotel near crown and sceptre pub?