Dates are the same as SDCC....

People are getting concerned about not getting guests from Arrow, Flash, AoS etc....but SDCC and LFCC didn't clash in previous years and they didn't come those years either. Perhaps it's simply a case that these people aren't available or don't want to come over here regardless of the clash. As much as people want guests from current shows there's quite a few of them who don't do (and don't want to do) cons. It's a damn long way for them to travel and work/family commitments may make it very difficult. I'm not convinced that this con clash will be the reason we don't get these guests.

Hayley was here, yes, but considering she has a house in London and her family are here that's hardly surprising.

With LFCC growing hopefully we'll get to the stage where more companies/productions actively encourage their actors to come over here for promotional reasons. But I can't quite see that LFCC is at the level of getting the MCU cast yet.

• Like 1

People are getting concerned about not getting guests from Arrow, Flash, AoS etc....but SDCC and LFCC didn't clash in previous years and they didn't come those years either. Perhaps it's simply a case that these people aren't available or don't want to come over here regardless of the clash. As much as people want guests from current shows there's quite a few of them who don't do (and don't want to do) cons. It's a damn long way for them to travel and work/family commitments may make it very difficult. I'm not convinced that this con clash will be the reason we don't get these guests.

Hayley was here, yes, but considering she has a house in London and her family are here that's hardly surprising.

With LFCC growing hopefully we'll get to the stage where more companies/productions actively encourage their actors to come over here for promotional reasons. But I can't quite see that LFCC is at the level of getting the MCU cast yet.

A lot of them have attended other UK conventions in the last 2 years, including Showmasters events, so they're obviously willing to travel. The line-up at LFCC this year was so poor (for me personally) that I didn't even bother attending. Clashing with SDCC suggests its unlikely to be much/any better next year.

• Like 1

Feel that the dates will have to change! I know the chances are slim but i'm heavy hearted that the guests I would looove to attend next yrs LFCC, will defiantly be at the SDCC.

Give a girl some hope.

Edited by Reeree9099
  • Like 1

I think there are more than enough actors to go around both cons, stop with the panic, please. I am sure some of the American and overseas actors would love a trip to London and some will have to go to SDCC through work contracts or because they simply want to. I know plenty of convention guests that would kill for a chance to come to London rather than the many cons in the USA they usually do. I am sure Jason is aware of this and pitches his convention as a great chance to stay in the capital and to meet 1000's of UK and European fans that would never normally have the chance to meet them. Give credit to Jason he is organising a monumental event in London we should be supportive of what he provides for us each year. I have travelled overseas for years to cons and now do many more UK based ones because of SM. Give them chance to get sorted and start announcements at least before you complain. There are so many genres to cover LFCC will never suit everyone 100%. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This change of date has confirmed for me that I won't be attending the event any more. As a teacher, this is part of my precious holiday time and I won't be in the country. I was wavering anyway with all the problems last year of overcrowding etc. and I can't say I really enjoy the event any more. I'll miss my geeky weekends in London but they aren't the same as they were at Earls Court. Would have come for a day, though, if it had been earlier in the month.

Yes, the week before was fine, new date less so we're into high summer its expensive in London. When the 23rd was confirmed I and others booked hotels & never expected a date change. To change this will cost £69 more which makes it an expensive day out and I cant afford to do that, i'll lose £100 if I don't go to London the week before but I cant afford both & wont book a hotel again!. Its been very disappointing this year, have been caught out with 3 changes, I try and book early to save but SM keep changing dates and with Hallowhedon cancellation too its not been very good.

I didn't really get the whole thing with SDCC, SM should have known about this when they confirmed dates this said I'm not sure not the whole of Hollywood attends do they?,maybe cast of the latest show who may be contracted to promos but if that's all that's going to be invited to LFCC from now on then it wont be for me. We used to have a mixture of guests to suit all age ranges and tastes. I thought last year was very much one sided, ok you had the BTTF franchise if you could afford to see the top guests or into the films, but was the first year there was nobody for me and a few of my friends felt the same. I don't have sky or Netflix so not looking for the guests to all be current. Used to love LFCC when it was at EC, had a wander saw a few guests then went for drinks and dinner etc but with the massive overcrowding and chaos this year will wait to see the line up before I buy a ticket and will be last minute.

Edited by buffy2k