Dates are the same as SDCC....

Can not use excel due to exclusive rights by another company

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are two conventions that take place at Excel?

Won't name them as per forum rules but I've been to both, not sure how that works.

I assume its ComicCon style events that the others have an exclusive too. Official events, be it a big US film series, UK institution, Showmasters/Massive Events' Sherlocked or Star Trek are OK.

Can not use excel due to exclusive rights by another company

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are two conventions that take place at Excel?

Won't name them as per forum rules but I've been to both, not sure how that works.

I assume its ComicCon style events that the others have an exclusive too. Official events, be it a big US film series, UK institution, Showmasters/Massive Events' Sherlocked or Star Trek are OK.

Correct. The other ones are official, that's different.

I'm not sure why pointing out the obvious drawbacks of a date clash with SDCC counts as worrying or panicking. It's merely a statement of fact. How big an issue it will be for you personally is a subjective matter, but to suggest that it's a non-issue is extremely disingenuous.

• Like 2

I haven't seen anyone in here suggesting it is not a potential issue. However, some fan's reactions in speculating "OMG we won't get guest A or no one from series B" at this point are overreacting. That's what people are trying to say.

It's not an over-reaction at all. The only way we'll get any main cast members from the current DC or Marvel shows (the series I mentioned in my first post in this thread) will be if their characters have been killed off.

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone in here suggesting it is not a potential issue. However, some fan's reactions in speculating "OMG we won't get guest A or no one from series B" at this point are overreacting. That's what people are trying to say.

It's not an over-reaction at all. The only way we'll get any main cast members from the current DC or Marvel shows (the series I mentioned in my first post in this thread) will be if their characters have been killed off.

Plus, Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, and all the other big franchise shows that frequent SDCC each year.

• Like 1

I also agree that we're not causing any panic. Saying that there won't be any current or major or upcoming films and shows represented at LFCC is stating a fact, it's clear to anyone who regularly follows what guests attend SDCC and what stuff is promoted there. I am not saying that we will not get great guests. Just not those who are current.

Edited by SammyRomie
  • Like 2

We have to agree to disagree there, sorry. There's worry about guests from a show who has pretty much the biggest cast of any show in the recent years for example, Game of Thrones. It's not like there won't be any guests from the show. Stating the shows clash is a fact. Being worried about this is okay. But what seems to cause an issue are posts like this.

I also agree that we're not causing any panic. Saying that there won't be any current or major or upcoming films and shows represented at LFCC is stating a fact, it's clear to anyone who regularly follows what guests attend SDCC and what stuff is promoted there. I am not saying that we will not get great guests. Just not those who are current.

"There won't be any current or major or upcoming flms and shows" is not stating a fact, unless you talked to Warner Brothers, Fox, CW etc. and they confirmed it to you. LFACC has been steadily growing and is on the radar of the US companies too. Just because something happened in the past does not mean it is bound to happen again next year with the event changing so rapidly.

Actually, its well known fact that the majority of big shows and a lot of franchise films have it in their main cast contracts that SDCC is a MUST, not a "fun side job" like LFCC, so it is fair of people to know that a lot wont be coming, as they would not be allowed to.

• Like 2

I like the dates as the Sunday is my birthday, but I do worry about the following thing: what if a guest agrees to do LFCC, then signs onto a project that will be promoted at SDCC and they will be suddenly contractually obligated to attend and therefore cancel LFCC? I can see hate flying on all sides.

This is in no way different to how guests are booked now so will make no difference. All guests who are booked to appear can and do cancel when work arises, irrespective of what it is. It's partially irrelevant if they have to go to SDCC because it could be anything they need to go and do if the situation calls for it, a big press interview, a film festival, reshoots ect. Even if SDCC was on the weekend before or after the guest may still have to cancel as it's possible the schedule would require them to be there a few days before or after and they might not be able to make it back/over in time.

It's SM's decision when to run the event and who to get. If they have shot themselves in the foot having it on the same weekend and can't get many guests/or people don't go it's their issue and they will learn from it. It's fine to express concern but why don't we all wait to see what happens. They aren't stupid and have been doing this for a long time.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Agree completely that SM know what they are doing - but if they can't get many people/guests they may learn from it - but as we know tickets sell out quickly and are likely to sell out before guests are confirmed this year (as everyone is aware of how quickly they suddenly went for 2015), so if they cannot get guests then it will directly affect us the consumer as we would have already brought tickets.

I am certainly planning to buy my tickets the minute they go on sale - there is no refunds, so if they cannot get major guests or guests we are interested in due to the clash - there is no returns on tickets, so it is very much the fans issue too.....

Personally, I am not sure what I 100% think about this clash, but my gut feeling is it's only negative results not positive.....

Edited by Poppy

There are no returns currently on tickets but SM are considering a service where tickets could be sold on via them so this may be in place for the summer con. I'd say there shouldn't be a need to rush to buy tickets straight away as IIRC it didn't actually sell out until a few weeks before when they added Sigourney. Yes they were close before that but given the tickets went on sale in October that was quite a while before they were sold out.

Actually, its well known fact that the majority of big shows and a lot of franchise films have it in their main cast contracts that SDCC is a MUST, not a "fun side job" like LFCC, so it is fair of people to know that a lot wont be coming, as they would not be allowed to.

Contracts can be amended and situations have changed. We had official appearances at LFACC before too, and with the show getting bigger and bigger that number of appearances won't stay the same. I'm not saying the film companies will all wave good bye to SDCC, but there is a fair chance that LFACC will have some too. Europe is a big market. Both shows are four days too, and I have yet to see a two day promotional appearance at SDCC.

I agree with what Gordon the Gopher said, it won't have too much of an impact. But if someone wants to worry I guess I'll have to let you worry.

Also yes, we have not quite reached SDCC status yet where you have to hit F5 like a maniac the second the tickets go on sale or you miss out. There shouldn't be any harm wating until a few guests have been announced.

• Like 1

I'm glad SM have picked this weekend. Ok it definitely may have one or two issues for different guests or companies but I can only imagine the hysteria had it been announced for the previous weekend given what's on.

I suspect it won't have that much of an impact. People need to calm down

I'm surprised it wasn't week before that; we've had the LFCC on 10th of July before. The later date probably helps a full Friday though.

There is more that enough guests to go round.. Don't panic!! How many of SDCC guests appeared at Lfcc? I can only recall one carice van miserable lol

Hayley Atwell

Ok, 1 guest on 140...

So why people panic !?

And like it said before :

Both event are on 4 days... maybe there guests who are coming one day at LFACC. Why is that so impossible ?

There is more that enough guests to go round.. Don't panic!! How many of SDCC guests appeared at Lfcc? I can only recall one carice van miserable lol

Hayley Atwell

Ok, 1 guest on 140...

So why people panic !?

Both event are on 4 days... maybe there guests who are coming one day at LFACC. Why is that so impossible ?

It's (without being rude) quality vs quantity. It's the Hayley Atwells - the leads of current shows and films that most people are interested in, that get attention. As well as reunions. Most of those leads wouldn't normally be on the LFCC radar anyway.

Doing both, well it's an 11 hour flight between the two plus airport time. But generally we get the US stars for 2-3 days, it's more cost effective.

Hayley Atwell

Ok, 1 guest on 140...

So why people panic !?

Yes, but last years was a DIFFERENT date. Easier.

also, although this years guest list was amazing, it was very much "older guests" if they want modern and in the now and popular/current, its a bad choice of competition.

I don't understand why people are arguing with people who are concerned over the guests. I want to meet current stars from current tv shows. I know we don't always get the biggest guests from the biggest shows but we normally get a few e.g Hayley Atwell. She was who i booked for this year. With the dates clashing, my hopes of getting anyone good at LFCC have been dashed. Showmasters could get 500 guests but if there's not one i want to meet i won't go, simple as. I don't know why people are continuing to bash people for being worried about the clash.

Yup all the name calling gets back to some guests, who may not come again because of rude fans saying frankly awful things on some places.

If you wouldn't say it to their faces, dont moan online I say.

We will see in the crystal ball in a year how much this clash costs people, but I can easily say the tickets will still sell out. So really it wont stop anyone coming to the event next year numbers wise.

Edited by RomeroSavini