Guest Suggestions

Would like to see some "non extras" for Star Wars. When one announces a big celebration for a film you should include at least one major or main character from that film. You did splendidly well with the BTTF reunion last year not so much with the ESB one or the supposed Star Wars one for this show. Extras are great don't get me wrong but it's a bit of a cop out imho

It was inevitable the moment they announced the sequels would be filmed here, with real background artistes.

I expect they'll sign many more photos for the dealers as they will for fans, that will pay their fee. The dealers need to stock up on newer names. In some ways its too soon for fans half the merchandise we'd like signed probably isn't out yet. The Blu-Ray come out in April. Still that's an excuse to get them all back again!

Obviously this event has been in my diary since announced, but when I actually sat down and costed it, there's only two I'd want, one each day typically - so I think I'll pass. I've passed on better line ups before. But I might do Bournemouth instead.

• Like 1

I am waiting for more but something tells me this is all we are getting, and sadly, as this was marketed as a Star Wars celebration, I'm a little disappointed with the number of SW guests, dare I say BIG guests. For me, Billy Dee Williams and Denis Lawson are making this stand out just a little more than a normal convention if you took them away, not very Star Wars-y.

Come on SM! I know there is something brewing before the 27th....do it! Do it!

Edited by GelNerd
  • Like 2

I'm still hoping to have a few more wrestlers to go alongside Kurt Angle. It's very odd to have just the 1 wrestling guest at one of these events and I'm struggling to imagine there's not someone who's avaliable to come over.

• Like 3

Not to be too jaded, but do Showmasters actually take suggestions from here? Sorry, but this will be the first time I am going to a convention (Sherlocked excluded).

Should the answer to my question above be yes. Here are my suggestions:

Alan Cox

Andrew Sachs

Bert Coules

Brian Blessed

Chris Emmett

Clive Merrison

Crawford Logan

David Ashton

Donald Gee

Douglas Henshall

Dwight Schultz

Edward Petherbridge

Eleanor Bron

Geoffrey Beevers

Geoffrey Whitehead

Hannah Gordon

Hugh Bonneville

Ian Holm

Imogen Stubbs

James Fleet

James Wilby

Jane Asher

Jeffrey Holland

Jeremy Clyde

John Baddeley

Judi Dench

June Whitfield

Kevin Whatley

Lindsay Duncan

Loren D Estelman

Martin Jarvis

Matt Zimmerman

Maureen O'Brien

Michael Cochrane

Michael Kilgarriff

Michael Pennington

Miriam Margolyes

Nicky Henson

Nigel Anthony

Penny Downie

Peter Egan

Peter Howell

Peter Salls

Peter Vaughan

Robert Powell

Robin Ellis

Ronald Pickup

Sarah Badel

Simon Callow

Stephen Thorne

Stuart Milligan

Terence Hardiman

Terry Molloy

Tim Piggot-Smith

Timothy Carlton

Timothy West

Tom Baker

I am waiting for more but something tells me this is all we are getting, and sadly, as this was marketed as a Star Wars celebration, I'm a little disappointed with the number of SW guests, dare I say BIG guests. For me, Billy Dee Williams and Denis Lawson are making this stand out just a little more than a normal convention if you took them away, not very Star Wars-y.

Come on SM! I know there is something brewing before the 27th....do it! Do it!

I agree, very disappointed with the Star Wars line up. Can't imagine it'll be very busy. Still keeping my fingers crossed for at least one more good guest.

• Like 2

'Episode VIII' is filming now in London - come on SM! A last valiant attempt to grab a big name from the production to really help celebrate Star Wars.

Looking at you, Gwendoline Christie.

If only,what with the cancellation of Tim Rose it's getting thinner and thinner. Really wished I hadn't jumped at buying tickets if I'm honest. Oh well. Will still be a good weekend hopefully
  • Like 1

Please surprise us with more guests there must be some more stars available from the uk and across the pond for that weekend or you could cancel the convention and move the stars over to the summer one

I would agree with you on the second option. That's perhaps not such a bad idea. I feel SM made a small error calling this the Star Wars event as it really hasn't worked out has it? With it starting out with the likes of Mr Williams and Mr Lawson, it all looked so promising.

I would be very surprised if there any further guest accouncements. I just have my fingers crossed that there aren't any more cancellations if I'm honest.

Edited by mckee74
  • Like 3

Anna Faris (Scary Movies, The House Bunny, The Dictator, Mom & Brokeback Mountain)
Imogen Poots (28 Weeks Later, Need for Speed & Fright Night)
Bianca Lawson (Pretty Little Liars, Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries, Buffy & Saved By The Bell)
Azura Skye (Buffy, American Horror Story, CSI: Miami, Working The Engels & One Missed Call)
Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games, X-Men, Joy, American Hustle & Silver Linings Playbook)
Claire Danes (Terminator 3, Homeland, Romeo & Juliet & Stardust)

Please surprise us with more guests there must be some more stars available from the uk and across the pond for that weekend or you could cancel the convention and move the stars over to the summer one

I would agree with you on the second option. That's perhaps not such a bad idea. I feel SM made a small error calling this the Star Wars event as it really hasn't worked out has it? With it starting out with the likes of Mr Williams and Mr Lawson, it all looked so promising.

I would be very surprised if there any further guest accouncements. I just have my fingers crossed that there aren't any more cancellations if I'm honest.

They did exactly the same for the summer show last year,they were going to have a "celebration for the 35th anniversary of the empire strikes back" in fairness they had some good behind the scenes guests but none of the main cast. They focused too much on the BTTF reunion because they could get more money out of it by selling diamond passes. I hope they don't cancel the event as I doubt we'll get refunds. And I don't particularly want to have to put things on hold for the summer show. Fingers crossed I guess.

They did exactly the same for the summer show last year,they were going to have a "celebration for the 35th anniversary of the empire strikes back" in fairness they had some good behind the scenes guests but none of the main cast. They focused too much on the BTTF reunion because they could get more money out of it by selling diamond passes. I hope they don't cancel the event as I doubt we'll get refunds. And I don't particularly want to have to put things on hold for the summer show. Fingers crossed I guess.
If SM cancel the event, then we would get refunds. I doubt this will happen though, but I for one have a nice amount of guests that I'm looking forward to meeting across the weekend.
  • Like 1

I don't think they focused more on BTTF because they could get more money out of it. Mark Hamill could've easily fit the diamond guest profile. Not to mention they could've created a diamond pass by including special things, imagine a throne shoot with Ian McDiarmid (who wasn't a diamond guest last time, but neither was Christopher Lloyd before that). Sometimes things just don't work out. Maybe most of the cast was busy with other stuff. We'd get refunds for the tickets if SM would cancel the event, but not for transportation or accomodation of course...

I am really sorry that some of you are disappointed with the guest list, bu I can assure you the convention will most definitely not be cancelled.

When a theme is announced like the Focus on Star Wars as here it's always done with the best intentions. Unfortunately sometimes offers may go out to 100 guests, 70 initially reply that they may be interested and ask for more info and in the end only 10 actually sign the contract.

Announcing a celebration of 35 year of the Empire Strikes back or something like that also never meant we'd get main cast by Default. Sometimes things turn out, sometimes they don't.

• Like 1

If SM cancel the event, then we would get refunds. I doubt this will happen though, but I for one have a nice amount of guests that I'm looking forward to meeting across the weekend.

I agree there are some good guests I'm looking forward to meeting also.

• Like 1

I am really surprised that Kurt Angle is the only wrestler been announced. Never known it to happen at SM events before.

Same here. Bit disappointed by that actually. Hopefully with a week to go they might still have enough time to bring someone else over to join Kurt.

• Like 1

I am really surprised that Kurt Angle is the only wrestler been announced. Never known it to happen at SM events before.

As Queen Sindel has said, and as has been said many times before, many more invitations go out for potential guests than are accepted and appear. Just because Kurt is the only wrestler currently signed to appear, it does not mean others were not invited.

I am really sorry that some of you are disappointed with the guest list, bu I can assure you the convention will most definitely not be cancelled.

When a theme is announced like the Focus on Star Wars as here it's always done with the best intentions. Unfortunately sometimes offers may go out to 100 guests, 70 initially reply that they may be interested and ask for more info and in the end only 10 actually sign the contract.

Announcing a celebration of 35 year of the Empire Strikes back or something like that also never meant we'd get main cast by Default. Sometimes things turn out, sometimes they don't.

I only have 3-4 guest's I'm meeting, but I'm fine with that. It's nice not to need to spend so much money at every event I attend (I will likely spend plenty at LFCC Summer like previous years 😂😭). It also gives me one day to meet guest's & the other to have a better look at the stalls. 👍 Edited by bonniesrg